change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tromso City Harbour

Tromsø 6 hours ago

Hi. I will be traveling to Tromso very soon Pls advise
      1. Where is the best spot to photograph the Tromso city harbour with the old warehouse?

2. Any public transport from airport to Ersfjord?

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Travel suggestions between Trofors, Nordland and Bo, Telemark areas, please.

Norway Nov 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM

In August we will be visiting Hattfjeldal near Trofors and also want to visit Seljord near Bo to visit where my ancestors are from. Looking for suggestions on how to do it. I checked the train possibilities though to make the entire trip is too long. One of us traveling has only a tolerance of 5 hours on the train thus, between Trofors and Trondheim is fine by Train. Then maybe fly to or from Oslo and take the train to Bo.

Overall we are not in a rush and see that we could take a Hurtigruten ship in either direction between Tondheim and Bronnoysund if the schedule fits in. We are in early planning and haven't yet determined where we will fly into, Bergen or Oslo from Chicago. Any suggestions on which city or possible intermediate stops are worthwhile seeing? I am not familiar enough with Norway and therefore all comments are greatly appreciated.

• Visiting Stavanger during the winter

Stavanger Nov 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM

We are visitng to Stavanger during the winter and wanted to see Kjeragbolten and the pulpit rock. It is impossible to hike, but all the packages for boat cruises for Kjeragbolten seems to be related to hiking. Is there a way that I can see both Kjeragbolten and pulpit rock in a boat cruise?
      I see boat cruise options for pulpit rock, but not sure if Kjeragbolten is included somehow unspecified.

• From Bergen to Odda

Bergen Nov 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Bergen and we'd like to spend a few days in Odda. But is there a bus to lead us from Bergen to Odda ? Or any ferry ? If it does, what is the price ? I have checked some websites but they were in Norsk and I'm french so it was very difficult for me to understand what it was saying. I hope you'll be able to answer my question. Thank you very much. Best regards, Juliette.

• Compressed Norway in Nutshell in November

Flåm Nov 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Is it possible in early November (next wk), to do a rather compressed one day side trip from Oslo with following:
      Oslo-Myrdal (Eurailpass), Myrdal-Flam (Flamsbana), Flam - Gudvangen (ferry), Gudvangen-Voss (bus), Voss-Oslo
      (eurailpass-hopefully arriving before 24:00 to maximize use of single day on the pass? I have read that there's a single ferry in winter months, but can't pinpoint the time of departure from Flam. I realize it's a very full day, but I'm trying to get best use of my 5 days of train travel in 2 weeks of travel in Norway in November. Thanks for reply.

• Appropriate clothing for Norway/Svalbard in February/March?

Norway Oct 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM

I'll be going through Europe in February and March of 2016.

I was sent this link ( ) in recommendations on how to dress appropriately, but I was wondering if there was a specific brand or type of jacket that northern Norwegians/Svalbardians (?) usually wear? I'll also be going to other surrounding countries of varying temperatures (ie Iceland, Denmark, Netherlands but also Lapland Finland), so I would prefer to be able to zip an inner layer off so I don't overheat? I only want to bring a carry on and backpack so I would prefer not to bring 2 different jackets ..??

I've never traveled over the winter so I don't know much of winter climate outside of New York. I researched the average winter temperatures but I know wind and lack of sunlight makes a huge difference in how cold it feels as well ......

I'm just wondering if there's a certain type of clothing that people in countries up north swear by? My friend told me to get a Canadian goose jacket but I won't want to throw 600$ towards a jacket and not be warm enough.

Should I just wear an old jacket to Europe and plan to buy one there? Same with long underwear? I've never seen any being sold around here, and those "heattech leggings" that Uniqlo sells doesn't really do much even in America soOo ..

Please let me know, thank you :)

• Katiha's Profile Photo

Travelsuggestions between Dombås and Bergen?

Dombås Nov 23, 2015 at 1:42 PM

I wonder which route should I take from Dombås to Bergen. I have one day time to spend in some nice place somewhere in the middle of the winter, what would you recommend?

• From Odda to Oslo

Odda Nov 5, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Norway and we plan to go to Odda, and then to Oslo, but we can't rent a car. Is there a way to go from Odda to Oslo with the bus ?

Thank you,

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

scandinavia euro pass

Norway Nov 16, 2015 at 2:57 PM

we are going to buy the Scandinavia euro rail pass. my question is will it cover all the scenic routes that I will be doing while in Norway?? does it include the ferry that I will do ??
      ferry between Geiranger and Hellesylt, the longer ferry trip between Geiranger and Valldal, the one-and-a-half-hour sightseeing trip on board M/S Geirangerfjord

below are the scenic rail routes
      - Begin in Oslo, including the Bergen Railway, which runs over the Hardangervidda mountain plateau.
      No other train ride between two cities in Europe is at a higher altitude than the one between Oslo and Bergen. This line takes in some dazzling scenery, with the most spectacular stretch being the one over the Hardangervidda,

• The famous Flåm Railway, the world's steepest.
      This will take you down to the village of Flåm, in the innermost corner of the Aurlandfjord. The Aurlandsfjord is an arm of the mighty Sognefjord, Norway's longest fjord. A must for any rail enthusiast, the Flåm Railway, one of the world's steepest railways on normal gauge, is one of Norway's most popular attractions, and a masterpiece of Norwegian engineering.

• Dovre Railway from Oslo to Trondheim with its sideline the Rauma Railway between Dombås and Åndalsnes

• Time needed from train to plain. Fast track?

by Jkarry Online Now Oct 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Hi, we have 23 hours layover at Oslo, on December 17, 2015, planning to book a hotel at center Oslo.
      Our flight to. Kenna on Austrian airline is at 6:20 am. First train from city will bring us at 5:02 am to the airport. Is airport use so early? Can we use fast track for security? (One business ticket, 2 economy). How long is a walk/run from the train to the security ?

5 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 5:14 AM
    • OsloSam's Profile Photo

Heading to Oslo this weekend, anyone else going or going to be there?

by OsloSam Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Me and my mates, 4 of us in total, are heading over to Oslo from the UK this Friday for three days. Just wondering if anyone else is going at the same time as us or will be there? Also, is there anything we should definitely do whilst we're out there? Our ages are between 21 and 22

2 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    • Mcaroline93's Profile Photo

Hiking in Oslo

by Mcaroline93 Online Now Sep 30, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I'm in Oslo for another 5 days and I really want to explore some amazing scenery. I have been up to the ski jump and walked all around that area and I have been to the closer island from Oslo. I really want to see more of the same thing but not sure where to go.. I have a week travel pass so I can move around easily - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Answer Sep 30, 2015 at 10:27 PM
    • Bergen to Oslo rygge airport

by jenzo Online Now Aug 25, 2015 at 4:28 AM

How should I get from Bergen to Oslo rygge airport please

1 Answer Aug 25, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Bergen to Oslo rygge airport

by jenzo Online Now Aug 25, 2015 at 12:55 AM

How should I get from Bergen to Oslo rygge airport please

2 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • transportation

by clauban Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 5:46 AM

transportation by train from airport to central station.

4 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • Camping for 30 people

by OskarsT Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 3:15 AM

We are 30 friends comming to Oslo this July and we want to go camp into wilderness near Oslo. Does anyone know where we could rent tents/canoes and suggest some route? Or maybe there is some tour company doing this? I tried first pages of google search but could not find any companies offering this..

3 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • IvoPrague's Profile Photo

8 days traveling around Norway

by IvoPrague Online Now May 29, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Greetings. I'm going with daughter to Norway. What you can see one all day in Oslo? Do you experience a city tour bus etc.
      Stavenger we will stay 2 all days. Flám - Ulvik one all day.
      Thank you very much for your opinion.Ivo.

1 Answer May 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM
    • Weather in Oslo in September

by livaldi Online Now May 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM

What is the weather like in Oslo in September? Do we need to pack winter clothing? And does it rain often?

3 Answers May 26, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Oslo for 1 night

by sandeepgarg Online Now Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Oslo, after the Norway in a Nutshell experience on the 3rd June night. Hotel is Frogner Apartment House at Bygdoy Alle 53, Frogner.

How do we reach the hotel at night?? We will have to take the keys etc. from another nearby registration office of the Hotel/Apartment.

We have our flight departing for Dubai, at 14:30 from Oslo Airport, On 4th June. How much of Oslo can we see in the morning? We must reach by 12:00 I think to the airport. How do we go about this?

How and from where can we book a minibus / van with English speaking driver / guide to pick us up from hotel at about 7.30 / 8.00 am, take us around the city and drop us to airport by 12.00 /12.30??

What all can we see?

Please do help.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Oslo airport connecting flight abroad...

by Smaney5 Online Now Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Hello VT! I'm arriving in Osolo airport from Fort Lauderdale and then departing Oslo to Bangkok, my question is do you personally think 1hour 25 min is a decent amount of time to catch my bangkok flight? I have zero checked bags. Only carry on. I just want to know what to expect.

Also, does Oslo airport have free wifi?
      Any advice is appreciated.
      TIA !

4 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    • OSLO airport

by rabbiima Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving at 9 pm after traveling through western europe. We will have already spent 2 weeks in Norway and will be flying home the next day at 1 pm. Should we just stay at the airport or is it worthwhile (and safe) to stay in town?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 4:18 AM
    • Travelling from Oslo to Flåm by car

by rjbotelho Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Is it safe and possible to see beautiful landscape travelling by car from Oslo to Flåm?

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • eating at hotels March/ February

by flur Online Now Jan 18, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Type of clothing to wear in the evening

3 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 12:42 PM
    • Oslo Pass - Validity

by Wighttraveler1953 Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I read somewhere that the Oslo Pass is no longer valid on the ferry service that serves the Viking Ship museum island. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Thestumps's Profile Photo

Food in Norway?

by Thestumps Online Now Sep 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

What is typical food for Norwegians?

17 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • bus/train from TORP

by Marillion Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Can anybody advice on getting from TORP airport to Oslo center?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

1/2 day in Oslo

by jlanza29 Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hello everyone .... I have about 12 hours in Oslo on my way back from Iceland ... we are staying downtown for 1 night ... besides Akershus Fortess what else is a must do ... I arrive and noon on thursday and depart at 6:00 am the next day .. any tips would be welcomed ....

4 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • Gas for backpackers in Oslo this Sunday

by kudato Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM

We arrive in Oslo (Gardermoen) on Sunday (17.08) at 14:00 and depart by bus to Vintertun (Odda) on the same day at 22:30. Then we will have an eight-day trek through the mountains.
      I did a stupid thing: I did not realize that the shops in Norway are closed on Sundays.
      For cooking we need to be one or two gas cylinders Primus Powergas 450 gram (screw camping gas, epi-gas):

Is it possible to buy the gas in Gardermoen's shops (that open Sunday)?
      Is it possible to buy the gas in the center of Oslo on Sunday? I used to read that only one retail chain in open on Sunday - Bunnpris. These stores sell the gas?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    • Live music and the fjords.

by Marillion Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Can I get an advice on where are the clubs with live music in Oslo, and also, is it possible to see the fjords on a short excursion from Oslo without crossing to the other side of the country, to let's say Bergen? Is there a travel company in Oslo that could arrange a trip to the fjords?
      Thank you all.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Getting from bergen to oslo

by heidstar Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 4:44 AM

I have booked the Norway in a nutshell tour from Oslo with accommodation in flam to break up the journey and have two nights in Bergen.

I need to get back to oslo but we are in no rush...I know the flight is just 55 minutes but if I took the train back will I be seeing a lot of the same scenery or just a small part of?

I know the flight will be cheaper and quicker but I would hate to miss out on another parts of Norway..
      Any suggestions?

8 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel from Oslo - questions

by csuresh Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I was thinking of renting a car from one of the Oslo airports and drive down to Flam rather than taking train. Having 2 kids, this will give the comfort and flexibility of travel. I wanted to know how is the highway experience going to be and are there rest areas and gas stations enough on the way? My normal hotel websites are not showing many accomodation preferences, are there any other reliable hotel options, websites to look at. Ok once I reach Flam - are there any tour maps that will show me where should I lead to in Flam - attractions etc. My plan is then to drive from Flam next day to Bergen before taking a flight back to London.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Trip to Oslo - itinerary help

by csuresh Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I am seeing some very good flight fares from London to Oslo and thinking of travelling there. I also want to know places little away from the city with good accessibility and one that can provide a contrast to Oslo.   Please suggest me an itinerary covering 2 to 3 days on what I can do. If I travel it will be end of this month or sometime next month.

5 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    • How to go there

by Marcin1977 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

HI.I want to get to Nesbyen from Oslo Rygge Airport.I know that I can go by train but my plain landing at 4p.m. and than the train start before midnight.Is there any other possible to get to Nesbyen?

Thanks Marcin

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM

by subhashvaid Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 1:50 AM

i want to travel to bergen via flam with overnight stay in flam. Which is the best way to do this.
      subhash Vaid

4 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Oslo city tour

by heidstar Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Apologise for repeating this..can't see my post..maybe I deleted it..
      The hop on hop off bus, has vey bad reviews due to inaccurate location for sights and lack of buses..anyone know another company that does a city( land only tour)

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • deadites's Profile Photo

Cheap eats in Oslo?

by deadites Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I'm assuming McDonald's would be on the somewhat cheap scale, but are there any other places to get a decent meal for under a 100 kr?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Two Norway Questions

by WhiteMughal Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM

My number one Europe trip is now Oslo. My father came from Buskerud. He left there in 1923. So I want to see some of the sites of his youth. My questions initially are: Are there particular months not to go because prices on everything are the highest? And how does one get to Buskerud if one is lodged in Oslo?

13 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • Late-night transit safety in Oslo? Coming up soon...prompt answers requested.

by vicksterc Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I will be coming into Oslo via Myrdal and the Bergen Railway (so I assume at the Central Station) at 10:45pm in July. My hotel is listed as a 20min walk from that station and/or next to the Toyen metro stop.
      Is this safe? Can I use the metro that late at night (with suitcase)? Can taxis be trusted? Or should I arrange to be in the city earlier (7pm or so)?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • eating our in Oslo

by Edjamieson Online Now May 21, 2014 at 5:35 AM

What is the average price for an evening meal in Oslo during August.

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM