Oslo Travel Answers

change location
sashanyc28's Profile Photo

Oslo luggage storage - getting from OSL airport to Stena Line / Vippentangen Quay?

by sashanyc28 Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Are there luggage storage facilities at the Vippentangen Quay?
Can anyone confirm?

My flight arrives at 12:20 in the afternoon at Oslo Gardermoen (OSL) airport on Sunday 11 July.

I will be boarding the Stena Line ferry for an overnight sail to Fredrikshavn,Denmark that same day. The ferry departs Oslo Vippentangen Quay at 19:30 (7:30pm) I am sure the boarding time is at least one hour before.

I will have at least 5 or 6 hours in between and I really would like to spend a few hours sightseeing around Oslo before I board the ship.

With that said I don't want to carry my suitcase around with me all day.

I know there is luggage storage at Sentralstasjon (Central Station) and I will more than likely take the Flytoget Express train to there from the airport.

However.. I was just wondering..
Is there any luggae storage facility at the Vippentangen Quay?

If so, Would it make sense to go directly there from Gardemoen airport and store the bag there and then go sightseeing? Seems like it would be easier than to have to backtrack to Central Station afterwards, get the luggage and then either take a bus or taxi to Vippentangen Quay from there..

What would be the cheapest way to get from Gardemoen airport (OSL) to the Stena Line ship at Vippentangen Quay? Is there a Flybussen station within walking distance from there?

Alternatively..
What is the cheapest way to get from Sentralstasjon (Central Station) to the Stena Line ship at Vippentangen Quay?

Many Thanks!!!

George

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oslo