Oslo Travel Answers

change location
nuppe's Profile Photo

Travel/foodbook based on following fish and help from VT people

by nuppe Online Now Apr 17, 2005 at 10:05 AM

Fish travel/VT-help turned into book
Finally the longest fish trip in the world in the world is over, following the norwegian fish from my little home by the norwegian fjord at Folkestad, Volda to Paris, italian Liguria, Bassque Country, Portugal, brazilian Bahia, St. Petersburg, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Oarai, Kyoto/Osaka/Nara and Hong Kong/Guangzhou. The result is the norwegian book ”Biter av Norge – smaker av verden. Jorda rundt med norsk fisk”(Bites of Norway – tasting the world. Around the world with norwegian fish.)The background for the book is the fact that norwegian fish is sold to almost 170 countries, a history that started almost 1000 years ago and that the fish often travel more deeply into the cultures of the different countries than the travelling humans do. So the book is about travel, tasting, trade and food culture. And it’s here now thanks to great help from my VT-friends. Virtual Tourist has in fact done a lot to help me with getting contacts, understand the geography, the foodculture, getting connected to translators and interpreters and much more. So this is a thank you which I place in the respective foras.(at least the most important) Just tell when you urge for an english translation. But most of all thank you from me and the fish!

www.spartacus.no

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oslo