Oshkosh Travel Answers

change location
englishman007's Profile Photo

OSHKOSH 2010

by englishman007 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 3:32 AM

GOOD DAY. I am hoping to fly to the EAA show this year. However, due to time constraints at work I can take only ONE day off during the July 26- July 30 event. I read they have a spectacular DC-3 line up this year.I believe they said the Monday July 26. I therefore wanted to double-check befor I book a flight to Appleton. Is the Monday generally the best day, opening day? What happens on the Sunday the day before? Maybe aircraft are arriving and I can see them at Oshkosh ? I plan to arrive the Saturday morning July 24 and leave afte the show MOnday. But any advice is welcomed with open arms. I would also like to see the Basler facility for the DC 3 conversions at the same time- does anyone know how I can talk to someone there to get to take some pics? many thanks Mike

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: OSHKOSH 2010

by goodfish Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Mike, I can't give you the info you ask asking for but wanted to give you a head's up that you may have an issue finding a place to stay. Our former neighbors attended this event every year and I know accommodations book up very far in advance.

I would start your search for hotel rooms in the area NOW before you book any flights.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • englishman007's Profile Photo

Re: OSHKOSH 2010

by englishman007 Online Now Feb 5, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I actually have a room at the Days Inn in Appleton at49 bucks a night- but it only is good for the weekend prior...but if I leave on the 26th -the day of the start of the fair- it will be fine- I can't stay for the whole week anyway- also the EAA site has a listing of houses of private individuals who rent out their houses too...

• Re: OSHKOSH 2010

by cjmannie Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I know of two housing deals: One lady is looking for a a roommate (female preferred) to share a non-smoking two-bedded hotel room right in Oshkosh at the Holiday Inn Express. Hotel includes a daily free breakfast and says they have a free local shuttle. Dates are July 25-29 and the rate is100/night, including tax.

Other deal is at same hotel, two-bedded, non-smoking room July 29-31. Rate is250 night or best offer.

Email me for contact info, cjmannie@yahoo.com

CJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines