change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• grahammclaren's Profile Photo

Luggage lockers at Tokyo Station

Tokyo Mar 25, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Can anyone please tell me if I can store a small bag in the luggage lockers at Tokyo Station for 7 days, and if so how much could this cost.
      Thanks
      Graham

more
    • pekopoko's Profile Photo

Onsen In Japan

Japan 14 hours ago

Hi - where do you guys look for booking an onsen (the Japanese Hot Spring)? Do you book in advance? Thank you so much!

more
    • Japan away from the big cities

Japan Mar 25, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Hello,
      We are going to Japan soon and want to experience some of the countryside. We have planned for two nights in Yufuin, Oita prefecture and one night in Hakone.
      We like mountains and hot springs, but I´m wondering if Yufuin and Hakone are very much like one another?
      Are both places just crowded with tourists?
      Does anybody have another suggestion if we want to experience some countryside living, preferrably between Kyoto and Tokyo or somewhere south of Hiroshima?
      Thanks for any advice!
      Eva

more
    • MCRhazel's Profile Photo

Electronic cigarettes

Tokyo Mar 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Would anyone know if electronic cigarettes are allowed in Tokyo indoors and out? I'm going in the summer and don't really want to stat smoking again. Cheers

more
    • What to see - 5 days in Kyoto by bicycle?

Kyoto Mar 14, 2015 at 1:28 AM

Hi, me and my husband will be spending 5 days in the city of Kyoto (it will be our first time in Japan).
      Our BnB is in Minami-ku, Kyoto Prefecture. They offer us two bicycles to drive around.
      Are there any bike tours that we can plan ahead and which places can we reach in a day ride?
      Are there some rules that we have to consider when riding bicycles?
      What about finding repair stores and parking lots?
      Thanks for your advice...

more
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

Osaka Mar 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

more
    • Cell phone

Okinawa Mar 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I will be moving to Okinawa next month, for studying. I have a 3G phone with dual mode network working on GSM and WCDMA/UTMS 2100 MHz frequency. Though I have read that this network works in major cities, I am not sure about Okinawa.
      I am planning to buy a new phone in Japan later, but I need a cell phone for first few days to make calls/texts back home,is that possible if I activate international roaming on my current phone?
      Thanks

more
    • CYCLE JAPAN 2015

Japan Mar 15, 2015 at 12:35 AM

I am catching a ferry to Shibushi on Kyushu in June. I want to travel to Nagasaki to begin my South to North cycling. Is there a way to get my bike and me to Nagasaki, without having to ride it?
      Thanks, Mike

more
    • What area / street in Tokyo is this? (see image)

Tokyo Mar 3, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Hi,

I went to Tokyo a couple of years ago and took this photo (attached). I've now made a big acrylic painting of it and now I want to know the name of the street, or at least the area.

Can somebody help me? I remember there was an indoor food market quite close to this and I think I bought some good sake bottles in this area as well.

more
    • To Otsu from Koju Station, Kyoto

Kyoto Mar 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Can I use the JR Pass to go from the Koju Station in Kyoto to Otsu Station?
      Thank you.

more
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Hokkaido in July ?

Hokkaido Mar 17, 2015 at 2:08 AM

I have a few off days in July, my wife suggest Hokkaido. I think there are more to see Hokkaido in winter compare to summer, what is your opinion ?

more
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

Osaka Mar 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

more
    • Japan Return 10 Days

Japan Mar 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM

I have been Japan before. I went Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka 8 days. It was a bit of a whistle stop tour. Would like to do similar tour plus other places not been to before. I can miss out Hiroshima. Thinking of Nagasaki, Fukuoka, Himeji, Nagoya. Tours, sights, bars restaurants etc. Can't read japanese so got lost everywhere i went. Any suggestions please. Probably get bullet train pass again. Last thing fly into Osaka KIX and out of Tokyo Narita middle Decemver

more
    • airport to hotel

Kyoto Mar 20, 2015 at 5:57 AM

How far is it from airport kansai terminal 1 kix osaka to mitsui garden hotel sanjo and what is the best way to get there.

more
    • kahar's Profile Photo

Suggestion On 6-Day Itinerary

Osaka Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest a 6-day itinerary in Osaka for me. Any suggestion will do without prejudice to any interests in particular. Travel date would be from 14-21 Nov 2015. I had Kyoto covered, so I will pass on any adjacent town/city such as Kyoto/Nara/Kobe and such. Just strictly on Osaka.

Cheers now :')

more
    • lingerie shops

Tokyo Mar 11, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Does anyone know where to buy cute and affordable lingerie in Tokyo?

Arigatou gozaimasu!

more
    • Direct train to Millenium Mitsui Garden hotel Ginza from Haneda Airport?

Tokyo Mar 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Is there a direct train that goes there?

Also, what will be the easiest method?

We are travelling as a couple to Tokyo for the first time for a 3 day and a half trip. We are staying in Ginza. Could anyone suggest things to do and places to go? Like make an itinerary for us please?

We would like to go to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harujuku, Asakusa.
      Cool themed cafes, places to shop and buy make-up and we love anime.

Look forward to your replies! Thanks!

PS. Does the subway have English?

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is this how Japanese people address eachother?

Japan Mar 29, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I was watching "You Only Live Twice" and this Japanese agent kept calling Bond, "Bond Son". Is that considered respectful in Japan to address someone that way? What is the meaning of it?

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

train tickets

Tokyo Mar 4, 2015 at 6:31 AM

hi! is there a train ticket for tourists that can be used around tokyo for 7 days?
      thanks

more