Osaka-fu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Jr Pass Sendai to Sapporo

Sapporo Yesterday

Hello: I'd like to travel from Sendai to Sapporo,stopping in Hakodate in October 2016 using the Jr Rail pass,any tips will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Online Seat Reservation w JR Hokkaido

Hokkaido Jan 28, 2016 at 3:18 AM

I have a question regarding online seat reservation for JR Hokkaido..

I know there is an English language online seat reservation site. What I need to know is at which point is the payment made?
      1. Upon reservation my credit card will be charged for both the reserved seat fee and train ticket? Or,
      2. I pay the total amount at the point of receiving the ticket + the reserved seat at the JR Midori No Madoguchi? If here, can I pay with cash?

Tq, Mel

more

Tambou or Rikyu for beef tongue in Sapporo?

Sapporo Jan 18, 2016 at 6:34 AM

We will be in Sapporo for a couple of nights. Now I am compiling restaurant list. Besides the crab and seafood I also want to eat grilled beef tongue which I totally love. I usually eat at Negishi whenever I'm in Tokyo. My research of Sapporo unearthed two places, Tambou and Rykyu. I know at least that Rikyu originated from Sendai and they have branches in Tokyo too but I've yet to try them out. Would anyone be able to recommend which of the two is better? Or even another place for beef tongue?

Tq, Melanie

more
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Advice for 4 days in Tokyo with a 4 year old

Tokyo Feb 2, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi - arriving in Tokyo Sunday Feb 7th at 330pm (Narita), departing late Thursday afternoon on Feb 11th. With 4 days, what to do? We live in a big city as it is, so was thinking of mostly skipping Tokyo and going straight to Hakone and spending the first 3 of the 4 total nights there (last night in Tokyo). Happy to hear other suggestions (though ideally you'll be familiar with Hakone and can take that knowledge into consideration if suggesting other itineraries -- but appreciate all thoughts).

My son even though only 4 is a veteran and easy traveler.

more
    • Onbashira Festival

Nagano Jan 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I'm going to be in Japan for a couple weeks in April, and I want to attend the Onbashira festival while i'm there. I only have enough time to stay in Nagano for 1 day, and I only want to see the part of the festival where they ride the logs down the hills. I can arrange to be there on either April 8, 9, 10 -- does anyone know which day I should choose so that I would be able to see them ride the logs? I can't seem to find a detailed schedule of the festival anywhere online, so I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

more
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Help on getting to Hakone and around from Narita (Feb 7 -11)

Hakone Feb 2, 2016 at 2:06 AM

Please advise.

Until 2 hours ago, I had never heard of Hakone. Now I'm seriously thinking of going with my 4 year old. We'll arrive at Narita on Feb 7th (Sunday) at 3:25pm.

Getting to Hakone from Narita: take the train to Tokyo station, then to Shinjuku station. At Shinjuku station, purchase the "Hakone Freepass", which includes (for an extra fee that can be paid at the same time?) Odakuyu Romancecar to Hakone-Yumoto station).

I plan on getting the 3 day pass, which also takes care of all transportation in Hakone and the ride back to Shinjuku.

I'd appreciate any knowledgeable advice or tips. I saw something that the Odakuyu Romance car requires an advance online reservation?

Will we be able to make it to Hakone -- i.e. does all transport operation normally on Sunday?

more
    • Where can I purchase winter boots near Nagano train station?

Nagano Jan 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM

Hello,
      I was hoping for some advice on where I can locate a good pair or non-slip winter boots or crampons within walking distance of Nagano station or near Jigokudani Monkey Park. My family and I will be visiting the Jigokudani Monkey Park. It is my understanding that the walk to the viewing area is sloped and possibly a little slippery. Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
      Thank you in advance for you time and assistance.

more

Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport?

Chitose Jan 18, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Can I buy Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport? If yes, whereabouts in the airport? How early does the shop open?

Tq, Mel

more
    • Touring in Nikko

Nikko Jan 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM

I am traveling to Japan in April and I plan to visit Nikko for one day, I have 2 children under 3 years old so is it better to rent a car or go by bus to the lakes and waterfall??!

more
    • lunaachan's Profile Photo

7 days in Tokyo; train tips, get a suica card or JR pass?

Tokyo Jan 13, 2016 at 3:54 PM

My family and I are going to Tokyo for the first time in a few weeks and we're wondering which one to get so we won't have to fuss around the ticket machines everytime. Furthermore, we're worrying about getting lost because everyone who's gone there seems to get confused a lot because there are a lot of trains. So if you have any tips or advice that would be very helpful >.

These are the places we want to go to (which pass would suit best for our trip? And would they cover everywhere we want to go to?)

Shinjuku
      Shibuya
      Harajuku
      Omotesando
      Ikebukuro
      Odaiba
      Asakusa
      Akasaka
      Tokyo station area
      Yokohama
      Disney Sea

more
    • tranceperent's Profile Photo

need help with location to stay

Okinawa Jan 11, 2016 at 3:22 AM

Hi, my wife, my daughter 4 year old and myself are planning for a 5 night trip to okinawa on the 2nd week of may. i want to know few things.
      1. is it a good season to visit the place? as in, is it a typhoon season from 9th-15th may 2016?
      2. which place we should stay in, we need to go to the beach everyday to swim (not necessary snorkel). we arent picky about hotels, though it is not a problem. should we stay in naha or one of the far away places up north. our flight is from tokyo to naha, so cant plan for another island. also preferred if the hotel is either near the monorail station or some stores/restaurants, since we dont prefer to eat in any hotel's limited restaurant choices.

any recommendation highly appreciated.

more
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

Trains in Japan

Japan Jan 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM

We are planning to visit Japan around mid April this year and wondering if the rail passes are useful and economic. We would like to see Tokyo, Osaka and Hiroshima.

more

Luggage rack on JR Hokkaido's Ltd Exp Ozora & Tokachi

Hokkaido Jan 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi,

We are catching both the Ltd Exp Tokachi and Ozora between Sapporo and Shintoku Stations.

Can I find out if these trains have luggage racks near the front/rear of the carriages?

Thanks,
      Mel

more
    • i need travel agency

Okinawa Feb 1, 2016 at 6:08 PM

i will travel to okinawa for a week. the problem is i dont have driving licence so i think i should have a travel guide to bring me along the island.. or any suggestions? and where can i book a travel agency/guide?

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Help with Tokyo, leaving soon

Tokyo Jan 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM

We are stopping in Tokyo later this month on a layover on our way to Singapore. I've got a hotel booked, as suggested in responses in my earlier post, in Asakusa although all of the hotels you suggested were fully booked so I found a different hotel in the same area. We are flying into Narita at 8:30pm Saturday after a long international flight so I think we will head to the hotel and go to sleep. We will have all day Sunday and then fly out 6:05pm on Monday so 1 1/2 days in total for some sightseeing.

1) airport to hotel, I think I'm between several metro station and someone suggested the skyliner and then transfer to the metro for one stop

2) sightseeing, my short list has the Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple and the Edo Tokyo Museum. There's a fish market that looked interesting but it's early morning, maybe Monday. Anything else that I should really make a point of seeing? Not interested in shopping, I like architecture, I like gardens but will they still be nice to visit in January?

3) dining, any place around the Asakusa area for dinner? Nothing high end and nothing that my Western tastebuds would be horrified by. :-)

Thanks for any help, I've not had time to do much planning and now I'm panicking a bit!!!

more

Popular Osaka-fu Travel Answer Locations

• EffaEfufu's Profile Photo

3days in Osaka. What should I do?

Osaka Nov 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Il be droppingby Osaka for 3days and will be going USS to spend a whole
      Day at.
      What' are the other nice places to checkout?
      And where can I find great affordable selvedge denim in Osaka?
      Il be staying at grand gravia

5 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM
    • UK passport holder visa

Osaka Nov 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Does anybody have any experience with applying for extended period of stay if I am to stay in Japan for more than 90 days? Is it okay that my return ticket has a date on that is over 90 days from my out ticket?

2 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM
    • lockers at universal studio

Osaka Oct 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Does Universal Studio has lockers for luggage bags?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • planning below is it rush for us? And 路线可否请你帮忙我们做修改?

Osaka Sep 13, 2015 at 7:24 PM

First Day:
      1.大阪動物園
      2.海游馆
      3.天保山摩天轮
      4.帆船型觀光船聖瑪麗亞號

Second Day:
      1.大阪城天守閣
      2.大阪历史博物馆
      3.大阪和平馆
      4.大阪水上巴士 Aqua-Liner
      5.大阪生活今昔馆
      6.梅田藍天大廈空中庭園展望台
      7.HEP FIVE 摩天轮
      8.中之岛夜景游船

3 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    • how to apply wifi in the osaka?

Osaka Sep 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

1. osaka sim card 如何申请?网路数据是不是一直都有开的? 需要验证密码?是怎么验证?

1 Answer Sep 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    • transportation pass

Osaka Sep 6, 2015 at 6:01 AM

hi..i would like to ask about transportation pass. My schedule will be :

• 1st day : kansai - namba ( my hotel is in shin saibashi ). Go to Osaka castle, umeda sky building, hep5 ferris wheel and dotonburi, shinsaibahi and namba area
      • 2nd day : universal studio
      • 3rd day : check out from osaka and go to nara a whole day. go to kyoto at around 5 or 6 p.m.
      • 4 - 6th day : 3 days in Kyoto. Take the willer bus at the 6th day
      • 7th - 9th day : 3 days in Tokyo

Could you please advise which one is more suitable, is it Kansai Thru pass or Osaka Amazing Pass or Nankai - Kansai Airport edition ( i read that Nankai-Kansai Airport edition includes unlimited rides for 1 day on all Nankai Electric Railway lines within Osaka Prefecture added to the valid area for the Osaka Amazing Pass area edition for 1 day.)

How about for 2nd day as i plan to spend my whole day in universal studio ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Regards,
      Sari

2 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

3 hours in Osaka, what do do?

Osaka Sep 6, 2015 at 2:26 AM

heading back to Kyoto from Hiroshima (or Himeji the second day) we may stop in Osaka for 3 hours.
      1)which is a convinient JR station to stop? (I've heard there are many stations in Osasa, have in mind we will use JR Pass)
      2)any suggested itinerary to follow? is the station a good starting point or do we have to deal with local transportation? (I'd prefer to avoid this)

14 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    • mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Train Travel to Tokyo from Osaka

Osaka Jul 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I'll be in Japan for 11 days. Will arrive in Tokyo, train to Kyoto, and then train to Osaka and then return to Tokyo.

Using high speed train, what's the most cost effective solution?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    • Getting around Osaka

Osaka Jun 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Hi
      I will travelling to Osaka on 18 June and returning 23 June (5 days). This is my first time travelling to Osaka and but sure how to get around. I read about the 1 and 2 day passes which I am think of getting one. Is this a good idea? If so, where can I get one? Are they available at all stations? I read you can get one at airport, however I don't arrive until around 10pm and the info centre will be shut.
      Also the the rails run 24 hours? If not, when is their last run usually?

4 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    • osaka - kyoto - nara - kyoto

Osaka May 29, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Hi!
      I am planning my itinerary for travels from tokyo - osaka - kyoto - nara - kyoto - tokyo.
      As of now, i am considering the overnight express bus from tokyo to osaka and from kyoto to tokyo as i dont mind the long travelling hours and it will save me alot more than getting the JR pass.
      I'm just wondering for travelling within osaka to kyoto/nara, should i get the kansai pass or any other passes?

places i might want to visit in osaka (2 days):

- Tenjinbashisuji Shoping arcade
      - Sennichimae Donguyasuji Shopping Arcade
      - Kuromon Market

the places i might want to visit in kyoto (1.5 days):
      - Fushimi Inari
      - Kinkaku-ji Temple
      - Nishiki Market Alley
      - Arashiyama Bamboo Grove (maybe)
      - Gion

the places i might want to visit in nara (day trip):
      - Nara park
      -Todai-ji Temple

Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary

Osaka Apr 28, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Good day everyone!
      Me and my 2 friends will be spending 6 days vacation in Osaka. A suggestion for a 6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary for late Nov to early Dec 2015 will be highly appreciated taking into consideration the best autumn colors.
      Thanks! And God bless!

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 7:55 PM
    • Straggler's Profile Photo

10 hour at the airport - What would you do

Osaka Apr 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Long layover at the airport and wanted to see something around the area. What would you suggest to do.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • kahar's Profile Photo

Suggestion On 6-Day Itinerary

Osaka Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest a 6-day itinerary in Osaka for me. Any suggestion will do without prejudice to any interests in particular. Travel date would be from 14-21 Nov 2015. I had Kyoto covered, so I will pass on any adjacent town/city such as Kyoto/Nara/Kobe and such. Just strictly on Osaka.

Cheers now :')

8 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

Osaka Mar 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

5 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    • How to take train to Gotemba outlet?

Osaka Mar 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Hi! We are planning to go osaka for 8 days. In between would like to go Gotemba Factory outlet. But I would like to know how far it is to travel there by train from osaka? Is it worth going there? As I have read up that it is bigger outlet than the rest. Thanks

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    • 2/3 Nights in Osaka

Osaka Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 AM

I was in Osaka two years ago, only one day day so did not see it. This time im in Osaka for probably 2/3 nights. What do i need to see and do and eat and drink restaurants sights bars etc. That goes the same for Kyoto, Tokyo and maybe a few other cites too. I fly into Osaka and out of Tokyo 10 nights in total. I will probably get another bullet train pass

4 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Places of interest in Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe

Osaka Jan 23, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Hey, I am planning a trip to Osaka in November and we have 8 full days to spend. I have seen some of the reviews and concluded the following places of interest are:
      (1) Osaka - (a) business commerical city (b) nothing fantastic except Universal Studio © not much attractions
      (2) Kyoto to visit (a) Kinkakuyi Gold Pavilion (b) Heian shrine © Kiyomizudera Temple (d) Nijo-Jocastle (e) Arashiyama Bamboo Forest (f) Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine
      (3) Nara to visit (a) Todai-ji for the Great Buddha and wondering deer.
      (4) Kobe?

- Could someone please tell me what other places of interest to visit beside those stated above and also what to see in Kobe?
      - Can recommend reasonable hotel to stay at easily accessible location?
      - Any reasonable onsen to recommend?
      - How many nights at each places? Ie, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe.

Thank you in advance. :-)

8 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • annamarisdiga9477's Profile Photo

First time to visit Osaka for 5 days and 4 nights... Itinerary please :-)

Osaka Jan 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Hubby & I with our 3 kids will visit Osaka for the first time this coming March 24-28. Can you help us with our itinerary. Where to go...How to go to...What to do... etc... From airport we have booked a hotel near Osaka Castle. How can we squeezed in - making our trip memorable with limited time. Thanks :-)

9 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    • Meeriah's Profile Photo

Osaka in April 2015

Osaka Jan 7, 2015 at 7:44 PM

It's my first time to travel to Osaka with my daughter, and I have no clue how to begin this 6 day tour.

1. Which area should we get a hotel to check in to? (I already have a reservation at Hotel Shin Imamiya Address: 1-2-20 Haignochaya, Nishinari-ku 557-0004; Area/City/Country: Tennoji/Uehonmachi/Osaka/Japan) Is this a good place and is the area convenient to most parks visited by tourists?

2. We intend to visit Kyoto / Nara, should we stay 1 night in this area too? Or is it convenient to go back to our reserved hotel for the night if we will be visiting Universal Studios the next day?

3. If we stay in that said area (Nishinari-ku) which should we visit first? Universal Studios or Kyoto/Nara?

Your feedback would really help us decide a big bulk of our tour questions :) Thank you in advance!

9 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

Osaka Dec 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

4 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hi!

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

thanks

2 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi!

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

3 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    • stiig's Profile Photo

Osaka basics

Osaka Nov 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi everyone, on 15.11.2014 am arriving to Osaka for a few days. Need some help with having fun and sightseeing not looking every spot by hours. Anyone give me some advices while having a dinner? Greetings from Poland. Stig

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • Hobby shop near Dotonbori

Osaka Nov 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Hi folks,

My wife and I will be coming for a vacation this December. While at the same time I will be looking to get some hobby merchandise from Japan. Can anyone please help me to locate nearby hobby shop/store around Dotonbori district? Really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • nizora's Profile Photo

Icoca & Haruka roundtrip version

Osaka Oct 27, 2014 at 3:50 AM

From Kyoto I will be taking LTD. EXP HARUKA bound for KIX, and LTD. EXP HARUKA stops at Tennoji station. Using the Icoca & Haruka ticket , could I exit at Tennoji station ?

9 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

ECONOMICAL MOBIL PHONE

Osaka Oct 18, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Our friend from the Philippines will be going to Osaka for about two weeks. While in Osaka, he will need to constantly contact his Philippine office. While mobile phone and sim card would be economically more advisable to purchase and where would he need to purchase this ? Any helpful advise will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

5 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 7:39 PM
    • faffy's Profile Photo

weather in november

Osaka Sep 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM

what is the weather during november? what to wear.
      thanks.

4 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    • faffy's Profile Photo

Cheap but decent hotels near the subway

Osaka Sep 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Hi! Any recommended cheap but decent hotels near the train stations?

thanks.

5 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

what to expect in weather

Osaka Sep 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM

hi!

I just want to ask those locals or been to Osaka/Kyoto, how was it during mid January? I know it's still winter, but can you advised me about the expected weather when we get there... the temperature approximately, the snow fall, can we still enjoy going around during that period...

thanks much

5 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • Travelling to Asahi Beer Factory and Nissin Noodle Museum in Osaka

Osaka Aug 25, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Please advise how should I go about to the two places from Kansai Airport. Should I go Asahi first then Nissin or the other way round. Planning to go upon arrival on 24/12 ( I will make online reservations first for Asahi as being told)

Thank You.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM