Osaka Travel Answers

change location

9 hours in Osaka

by keentogo Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi, My husband and I fly into Kansai International Osaka (from Oslo) 29th July
8:55 AM and have 9hr 35min stopover before we catch the next flight at 6.30pm to NZ.
Can anyone suggest how we spend the day? We will be jet lagged and probably want to relax for some of the time. I have read about the old spas/bath house and wondered if anyone can advise how to get there from the airport? Also I understand that there is a large outlet shopping mart but is this easy to get to from the airport? Many thanks Kiwis

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: 9 hours in Osaka

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Getting to downtown Osaka from Kansai Airport is quite easy; both JR and Nankai operate trains from the airport to Osaka. Nankai trains end up at the Osaka Namba Station and JR trains at Shin-Osaka and Kyoto stations. If I remember correctly, the trip to Osaka takes around 45 minutes and the trip to Kyoto, just over an hour.

You can connect with the subway system in Osaka or Kyoto to get you elsewhere in either city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

by SfumatoPants Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM

You could take the Nankai Rapit train to Namba station for shopping. From there a short train ride or taxi to Dobutsuenmae to the massive Spa World.
    The outlet is mall is Rinku Town which is on the first stop (or last stop before) after the airport on the Rapit line. If you head to Namba the shopping options are much better.

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Assuming you have to be back at the airport 2 hours before your flight, you have around 4-5 hours in Osaka. If you just want to relax, I'd go to Spa World. A nice bath and maybe a massage would be great before your next flight. If you want to absorb as much of Osaka as possible, just go shopping around Namba. There are some nice temples just south of Namba too. Just don't go too far south. If the weather is nice, you can also go to Osaka Castle Park. I had friends who loved it there. Never been though.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines