Osage Beach Travel Answers

change location

First Time Visitor

by jackandmaggie Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 8:45 PM

Coming to Osage Beach and Lake of the Ozarks soon for the first time. Any suggestions as to what our group, 7 adults, 4 kids ages 3-9 should visit while there. Any good restaurants that will accomodate us?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

Re: First Time Visitor

by lostsooner55 Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 5:51 AM

I would need to know a fairly specific time frame you would be travelling here. There are a lot of changing activities during the summer. There are also specific times you might not want to travel here, (such as Labor Day weekend, or the weekend they have the motorcycle rally in Lake Ozark, lol). I live here so I can get you information on just about anything. This is the one place I've been that there can almost be too much to do. Another bit of advice, unless you are very experienced mariners, it's a very good idea to stay off the lake until fall. It's very, very crowded right now. The restaurant situation will not be a problem, there are probably 100 in the area, Probably a good idea to stay away from the lakefront restaurants at night though, as they become more bar, than restaurant. They have a multiple screen movie theater at the outlet mall. They almost always have at least one movie suitable for kids. There is also a Coldstone Creamery at the mall which sells very good ice cream. It is a bit expensive though. There are also several frozen yogurt and custard shops in the area. There is also sort of a one-stop entertainment center for kids called Miner Mike's across from the outlet mall. It's all indoors, which is a definite plus this time of year. Lake Ozark also has several outdoor arcades. If you need more info my e-mail is : box2433@yhti.net Gary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines