Orvieto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to get there

Perugia Apr 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hi, what is the best way to get to Perugia from Rome? I've tried to look and found one train at 5am! Is there another way of getting to the city?

Thanks
      Kitty

more
    • taxi from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola airport

Assisi Mar 26, 2014 at 2:44 PM

My flight from Peretola airport leaves at 6am. I don't see any train from S.Maria degli Angeli that will get me to Peretola before 6am. I'm afraid my only option is to take a taxi.
      - How much would a taxi cost from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola?
      - Is 2 hours enough time from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola (leave at 4am)?
      Thank you!

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips from Perugia.

Perugia Apr 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Could you suggest some easy day trips by public transportation from Perugia?

Thanks!

more
    • Rome to Oriveto

by triporiveto Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Hello , can you please tell me how much time is to get from Rome Airport to Oriveto by taxi and approx. how much should it cost? Many thanks

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • Republic Day on June 02

by Modnoi Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Hello there,

I wonder if anyone can help me find the answers. I plan to be at Orvieto on Jun 02 and wonder if all the shops, restaurants will be close, and how about the bus to Civita di Bagnoregio, will they run that day? Does anyone know?

Thank you!
      Modnoi

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • Is it worth a day trip from Rome?

by Jennifermorcom Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I'm in Rome for 5 days and have seen some really good reports of Orvieto - is it worth taking this trip when there is so much to see in Rome - awkward question I know as it's down to personal choice - it wasn't on my list to do but have seen some really good reviews! Anyone's opinion whose been would be much appreciated : )

8 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    • Rome to Orvieto

by redwoodshores Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Is it possible to travel from Rome to Orvieto in a day via train or bus. If so what would you see?

9 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Local bus schedule needed

by Dfoley13 Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I need a bus at Orvieto to take me to
      Aquapendente. Where can I find the
      Bus schedule?

3 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Day tour of Orvieto from Civitavecchia

by JohnMD Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Can anyone recommend a day tour of Orvieto from Civitavecchia?

3 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips from Orvieto.

by Maurizioago Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Could you suggest me some day trips from Orvieto by train or bus; please?

11 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • Will Restuarants be open 1 May 2014

by jaderrico Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Looking for a town or village along the main train route from Rome to Florence to spend a couple of days over the 1 May holiday in 2014. Will restuarants and bars be open?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    • What is the best way to get 14 people from Orvieto to Todi?

by hhwhitey Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I will be in Florence with a gruop of 14 students. We need to travel to Todi for one day. I understand the best way to travel is by train first to Orvieto and then carry on to Todi. What is the best way to get to Todi? Abouyt how much are the tickets?

6 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • restaurant

by Showmom Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 5:34 AM

When we visited Orvieto both times we ate at a restaurant just off the magnificent church piazza. As you go further into Orvieto the restaurant was on the left side. I wish I could remember the name! Any help?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    • Orvieto to Civita d Agliano

by PaulBerg2013 Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What is the cost of taxi from Orvieto to Civita d Agliano? No rental cars are available.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Orvieto to Lucca

by spatricial Online Now May 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM

How to you travel from Orvieto to Lucca by train, do you have to pr book?

3 Answers May 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    • train times etc

by nennie Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM

We are visiting Orvieto this year flying into Venice for a few days first can we get a train direct to Orvieto and how much would it be. I have tried looking on line for a time table but had no luck so if you can tell me a web site to look at.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    • Taxi to Todi

by jjamsinBett Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I'm coming by train from Rome to Orvieto but my final destination is Todi. Can I get a taxi in Orvieto to take me to Todi? If so, where do I get it and does anyone know the approximately cost?

3 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    • B&B CasaVera,

by ChrissyandJen Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Hi
      I am wondering if anyone has stayed at CasaVera in Orvieto in the Primula room? When I look at the pictures on their site it seems like there is only one bed. We are looking for 2 single beds. Thanks for any info anyone has on this place!!

1 Answer May 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • November in Orvieto

by mVigilante Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Anyone been during November? I am trying to decide whether to stay in Orvieto for 2 weeks or Lucca. Any and all suggestions and comments welcome.

• xdaliv's Profile Photo

Where to park and where to eat?

by xdaliv Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Road trip! Orvieto is going to be our lunch break from our journer from Rome to Siena.

1. Where to park? Should i take the furnicular or the escalator? Which would bring me closest to the town center.

2. Anyone want to suggest a nice italian familia bistro for lunch? We dont eat meat. so somewhere with loads of vegetarian and seafood option?

While im at it...should i or shouldnt i visit the underground in orvieto? how long would that take?

7 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Safe Parking

by sandranunes Online Now May 19, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Hi,
      We will be in Orvieto this June for a day visit, could you please tell us about a safe parking where we could leave the car with all our luggage? I´m a bit worried about this as we are not staying in a hotel we just want to walk and relax in the city.
      Appreciate your help.

13 Answers Jun 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    • What credit card to use

by pmgorel Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 6:46 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy this summer, traveling primarily in Umbria. We will be staying in Orvieto and Trevi and will explore the areas surrounding these two towns. We also plan to take a couple of day trips to Rome. My question is this: are both Visa and MasterCard generally accepted in Umbria? On a previous trip to Switzerland we found that MasterCard was accepted more often than Visa, particularly at food markets. I'm trying to decide if I should have one of each card to make sure we don't have any problems.

Mary

9 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    • terredenise's Profile Photo

taxi or bus to hotel la badia ?

by terredenise Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

We are planning a trip to Orvieto in Aug of this year. I cant seem to get good communication from the Hotel we will be staying at. My question is from the Orvieto train station will we be able to get a bus or taxi that can take us to la badia. First time travelers to Italy. Also is there a place at train station where we secure our luggage. Thank you in advance for any help.

10 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    • Weird to Share Food?

by JudJer Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM

In restaurants in Orvieto, it is possible to share perhaps one of the courses. Because we do not eat a lot, yet like a variety, it gives us an opprtunity to sample things we might not order.

6 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    • Glen30's Profile Photo

accommodation in Orvieto (B&B)

by Glen30 Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could recommend some good B&Bs in the centre of Orvieto where I can use the accommodation as a base to explore this unique place on foot since I do not drive.

Thanks
      Glen

15 Answers Feb 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    • Christmas in Orvieto

by fsacontact Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 11:25 PM

My husband and I are from South Africa. We will be staying on an agriturismo near Orvieto (Ficulle -Terni over Christmas. Are there any markets on Christmas eve in Orvieto? Any suggestions on how to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Orvieto?
      A few years ago we were in Florence over Christmas and we had warm sweet cinnamon wine and roasted chestnuts on the square -that was great.

Thanks, Lisa

1 Answer Dec 1, 2008 at 6:45 AM
    • tolovajka's Profile Photo

From Orvieto to Farnese

by tolovajka Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Hi to all!

I'll come by train to Orvieto and then have to go to Farnese in Lazio. I planned to rent a car in Orvieto, but this could be a problem, since I don't have a credit card. Can anyone tell me where to find infos about public transport from Orvieto to Lazio? Is there any bus that could bring me to Farnese?
      Grazie!

3 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 12:41 AM
    • Can you help me find this Orvieto church?

by oneelbk Online Now May 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Five years ago, I visited Orvieto. Along either the Corso Cavour or the Via A. di Cambio on the left side of the street, there is a small white/yellow church. If I remember correctly, The chiesa stands across from a small butcher's shop.

In the chiesa, on the right side, under an altar is a small altar. Under that altar, is the body of a beato (i.e., blessed) dressed in the clothing of a monk (monaco). The body is not wholly decayed or corrupted.

Have you seen this? If so, do you know how the beato is called, that is, his name? I seeme to remember his name being "Tommaso," but I can't find any information on "Blessed Tommaso of Orvieto" or anything even close.

Thanks for any help you can provide. ~ Brian

Again, I know this question is obscure and unusual, but I am doing some research.

3 Answers Aug 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    • Is there a place to leave luggage while we walk around Orvieto?

by DMelanogaster Online Now May 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM

We are thinking of spending a day in Orvieto, coming from Venice and continuing on that evening to Rome (all by train). Would there be a place to leave our suitcases while we walk around, eat, tour the caves, etc.?

for example, in the train station??

Thank you

2 Answers May 20, 2008 at 10:57 AM
    • Venice--Rome via Orvieto in one day: too much?

by DMelanogaster Online Now May 20, 2008 at 9:27 AM

After several days in Venice we'll be taking the train to Rome, but I would like to stop in Orvieto for an afternoon, just so my son can see the underground caves. I am concerned that the last tour in English begins at 4PM (I think. Maybe there are more in the summer? this will be in July). We won't get to Orvieto to catch an earlier tour.

Is this doable given the Italian rail system? We don't have to be in Rome at any particular time -- we just have to check into our pensione at a reasonable hour, so 8PM or so would be fine.

I was thinking we could arrive by train, have a NICE lunch (I've heard there are some great restaurants in Orvieto), take the underground tour, and catch the next train to Rome.

Any thoughts or advice very much appreciated, thank you.

2 Answers May 21, 2008 at 5:01 PM
    • chookyboy's Profile Photo

Rome to Orvieto by rail

by chookyboy Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 5:09 AM

G'day everyone.
      New kid{??] on the block.
      Will be in Rome in July. Would like to do a day trip to Orvieto.The tour groups seem to combine this
      location with Assissi and the general feedback is too little time spent in both.
      My question is - Has anyone info or experience of early morning train departures from Rome?
      The sites I have encountered show midday departures which is too late.

6 Answers May 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM
    • Getting from Fiumicino airport to Orvieto

by MimiPawPaw Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 6:20 PM

We are landing at Fiumicino airport on Wednesday, March 13, and need to travel to Orvieto for our first night of the trip. I find it difficult to use Italy's train site, www.trenitalia.com. I believe that we will need to take a train from the airport to Rome's Termini station and then change trains to get to Orvieto. We land near 7 AM on a Wednesday, March 13. Can anyone help with the train schedule from Fiumicino to Orvieto? Can the tickets be purchased from a machine? Any advice would be much appreciated.
      Mimi

• Harri-Mo's Profile Photo

Walking upper Orvieto

by Harri-Mo Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Hello - I've found several street maps for Orvieto. How far is it between
      the funicolare to the duomo area? Would enjoy walking the upper town if not too far. Thanks.

11 Answers Feb 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM