Orta San Giulio Travel Answers

change location

restaurant help!!

by turbobeattie Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 3:29 AM

I am getting married in lake Orta in July 2009.

We aren't having a formal reception, we just want a nice restaurant, with friendly staff with good food (I'm not asking much!!!!!).

Does anyone know of a nice informal restaurant with good pizza, pasta, wine that they would recommend??

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Manara's Profile Photo

Re: restaurant help!!

by Manara Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM

There is only one pizzeria I know of, in Orta, but it's got bad reviews. There are several restaurants, but I have been to onlly two of them (Villa Crespi and San Rocco) they are both ecellent, but also elegant and expensive (65-70 euro per person).
    I will google more, with the hope to find some info about the other restaurants and trattorie.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • white_smallstar's Profile Photo

Re: restaurant help!!

by white_smallstar Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM

I suggest you this restaurant in a good location, near Orta. They have not pizze in their menu but pasta of course and wines.
    http://www.lustaria.it/menu.html

Villa Crespi is one of the smartest (and the most expensive) restaurants in town (2 stars Michelin Restaurant)
    villacrespi.it/defaulteng.as...

San Rocco is nice too and really romantic!
    hotelsanrocco.it/main_eng.as...

Here you can find other restaurants.
    lagodortahotels.com/indexeng...

• Re: restaurant help!!

by tabby1 Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Hi there,

I am doing the same next year and was wondering how you got on?IF you had any advice/tips?

Basically its a small famiy wedding with 15 including the bride and groom! I am torn between formal reception/restaurant and looking for ideas...Would love to hear how you got on??or are getting on!!good luck if its later in July!!thanks

• Re: restaurant help!!

by tabby1 Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Hi there,

I am doing the same next year and was wondering how you got on?IF you had any advice/tips?

Basically its a small famiy wedding with 15 including the bride and groom! I am torn between formal reception/restaurant and looking for ideas...Would love to hear how you got on??or are getting on!!good luck if its later in July!!thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Orta San Giulio