Orocovis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beach close to airport

San Juan Jan 10, 2015 at 7:50 PM

We have a long wait for our flight back home and would like to check our luggage then go to a beach to hang out until our flight leaves. Not sure what beach is close enough and safe enough. Also, can you just walk onto any beach or do you have to be staying at a hotel there? Will it be easy to get a taxi back to the airport? Thanks.

more
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Safe parking at Ceiba airport?

Puerto Rico Jan 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM

We'll have a rental car on the big island, but taking a two-night side trip to Vieques by air from Ceiba. I have heard that leaving a car may not be safe. Can anyone tell me if I need to find a "secure" lot, or is basic airport parking adequate?

more
    • Dgunty13's Profile Photo

Do you feel safe in Fajardo as a tourist?

Puerto Rico Jan 24, 2015 at 10:01 AM

I'm planning my wedding @ El conquistador for next year & my family keeps finding articles about puerto rico being unsafe. We are from a suburb near Chicago and I keep reassurimg them it will be fine as long as we stay near the resort. Does anyone have any experiences in this area to speak to? I appreciate the reassurance! Thanks!

more

Need for Passport?

Puerto Rico Jan 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I'm a US citizen and resident, planning a trip to PR. Is there ANY reason to take a passport?

more

Bio bay tour - Boat or kayak?

Isla de Vieques Jan 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Trying to decide which tour to take. I hope to take a lot of photos, and figure that handling paddles and camera would be a hassle (not to mention the angst of tipping with a good camera). We can get our recreational paddling in during the day at another venue. On the other hand, a boat with 22 passengers (per Island Adventures Tours) sounds a bit crowded.

Any advice would be welcome. Abe's appears to be the premier kayak tour outfit? By a stroke of luck, we'll be there at almost the darkest phase of the moon.

more

El Yunque road closure

Puerto Rico Dec 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I understand there is a road closure due to a landslide on highway 191 through El Yunque, but I can't find specifics on just where that closure is. Can anyone help me?

more

Ideas? Where to spend our last night

Puerto Rico Jan 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM

We'll be spending about 12 days in PR in February - 2-4 days in each of the following: Old Town, El Yunque, Vieques and Culebra. We have about 24 hours with a rental car (landing about noon in Ceiba, and departing next day from SJU). Without pounding the road too hard, any suggestions for that last day/night? We're not too keen on big resorts, especially all-inclusives.

more
    • Fun Bars/Food

Puerto Rico Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I am going with a group of 11 people on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015. Our cruise ship is in port from 3pm to 10pm. Can anyone one suggest authentic Puerto rican food? We are also looking for fun bars (for over 30 yr olds) to spend the rest of the time in port.

Thanks!

more
    • uneev's Profile Photo

Private boat tour

Puerto Rico Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I am visiting PR in April with 11 of my friends. One of the days I wanted to do a private boat/catamaran tour for 5-6 hours. We are staying in the Condado area. Any recommendations on who I can work with to do a private charter but reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • unsafe areas in puerto

San Juan Jan 4, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Unsafe areas in Puerto Rico,high crime

more

Popular Orocovis Travel Answer Locations

• kopite83's Profile Photo

Where in Puerto Rico? First timer....

Puerto Rico, Island of Jan 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM

My wife and I, with our 1.5 yo boy are planning a trip to Puerto Rico first week of June. It'll be a week long stay. I'd like the following in my trip:

- Resort by the beach - Don't like it too crowded
      - Away from the hustle n bustle of city life
      - We'd like to do some excursions/activities (snorkeling, para sailing, sight seeing etc).

So my question is where would be the best place to stay and be able to do the above?

Appreciate the help!

1 Answer Jan 10, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    • is moving to Puerto Rico a good idea?

Puerto Rico, Island of Aug 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My grandmother lives in Puerto Rico and my friend and I are planning on selling everything we own and moving down there. We are both 24 and want to live the type of "beach bum" lifestyle we have come to love. When we get to Puerto Rico we plan on finding basic, minimum wage jobs just so we can be earning some kind of income. we're not looking to get rich or find these crazy succesfull jobs. we just love the ocean and the over all relaxed feeling of island life. So my question is, has anyone done anything similar? has anyone been to Puerto Rico and what have you thought of it? is it dangerous? Any stories and advice you can share are much appreciated!

also, please dont tell me how bad of an idea it is or how we are both just dreaming. we realize this probably wont work out but we are willing to fail giving it a shot. at worst we'll come back home with a story to tell.

3 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • Public parking near attractions in old San Juan

Puerto Rico, Island of Apr 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We will drive into old San Juan for a day trip from Arecibo and would like to know where the best place for public parking is close to attractions and the trolley. thanks

2 Answers May 2, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • PopPopMorgan's Profile Photo

Tell me all, please?

Puerto Rico, Island of Apr 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

What hidden costs should I expect with car rentals.  Is it good to go ahead and pay for the toll road package? Where to drive to that's worth the time and gas? I'm really excited about visiting for the first time and don't want to miss anything. I look forward to your suggestions. I can't wait to get there this coming Tuesday. All suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM

What is least expensive why to travel from San Juan to Culebra?

Puerto Rico, Island of Apr 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Car rental or plane?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hostel or Guest Room out in the countryside for a Senior Solo Traveler

Puerto Rico, Island of Apr 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am trying to find just a guest room for only one person out it the countryside that is economical (non tourist traps) for the last two weeks of April. Are their any? Please offer some suggestions. I want to meet local people and savor local food, and experience local color and festivities. Can you recommend a quiet place in the mountains or the plantation farming areas?

3 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    • Ridhima's Profile Photo

First time Visit

Puerto Rico, Island of Mar 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Me and my husband are visiting Puerto Rico for the first time. I would like to know the best places or must seen beaches,museums,restaurants etc. in Puerto Rico. We are going in last week of April for 3 nights and 4 days. Your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

First Time Visit

Puerto Rico, Island of Jul 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM

We're looking for suggestions for a first time visit to Puerto Rico. We like beach front, laid back kind of places where we can eat like a local. We don't want an all inclusive or high rise. We have no idea where to even start looking. What are your suggestions for the best beach to hang out on in late October? Diving, snorkeling, and just plain relaxing is on our list.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    • July vacation

Puerto Rico, Island of Apr 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM

can someone suggest a nice place for two friends in their 50s to vacation in PR in July?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    • australia2's Profile Photo

Australian Tourist.Tamarinoo.

Puerto Rico, Island of Mar 11, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Has anyone met an Australian university student in that area lately - March 11 '05. Please let me know urgently. Laurie.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2005 at 2:34 PM
    • Dianabit's Profile Photo

Culebra Island

Puerto Rico, Island of Jan 16, 2004 at 9:09 AM

My husband and I are thinking of traveling to this island. Has anyone traveled here? Beaches? Recreational activities, etc. If so, your thoughts are welcomed. Thanks in advance!!!

3 Answers Jul 11, 2004 at 12:57 AM