change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 bedroom suite Disney surroundings

by Orlandotours Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a 3 bedroom suite in the surroundings of Disney. So far I found Grand Beach and Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. The stay will be 3 weeks so I want to make sure I have the right hotel for this period.

Are these the only options in the Lake Buena Viste area?
      There will be 4 adults and 2 kids for this stay.

Thank you all for the answers!

more
    • transportation from orlando to temple terrace

by Drghazi Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

hi I have a conference in Orlando,my hotel is there but I have a test at prometric test center,11201 N. 56TH ST,SUITE B,TEMPLE TERRACE ,FL33617.
      any advice how to reach this test center from Orlando, bus ,train,plain ?on budget please in details this is first visit to this area
      thank u

more
    • entertaining a 3 yr old

by luckymom Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

We are going to be traveling to Orlando in August. Grandma needs things to entertain a 3 yr old while Mommy is in meetings. Not interested in the theme parks need simple things.

more
    • sampdavis's Profile Photo

Where is the best location

by sampdavis Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I am looking at either booking on a resort or booking a villa/house for a 14 night stay in Orlando but I don't want to drive when there so which location would be best to enjoy the best transport links I will be travelling with two 10 year olds.

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Real places to eat in Orlando?

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM

The Official Spousal Unit and I are going to be in Orlando for the next week for a conference. We will have a car (of course). She has asked me to find good places to eat but they must satisfy two major criteria:
      1. They can't be related to Disney, Universal, or any other theme park, and
      2. they can't be an American chain restaurant (we live in the US so we know them well)

I understand that this eliminates 95% of the restaurant reviews here (heh heh). I have built a small Travel Folder of restaurants that are none of the above, but it's slim. We aren't particular to any cuisine, although going to Florida for Tex-Mex or Cajun or deep dish Chicago-style pizza or that kind of thing is kind of silly.

So, any thoughts on places that you haven't gotten around to writing a tip about yet?

Bill

more
    • 3 bedroom suite Disney surroundings

by Orlandotours Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a 3 bedroom suite in the surroundings of Disney. So far I found Grand Beach and Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. The stay will be 3 weeks so I want to make sure I have the right hotel for this period.

Are these the only options in the Lake Buena Viste area?
      There will be 4 adults and 2 kids for this stay.

Thank you all for the answers!

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • transportation from orlando to temple terrace

by Drghazi Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

hi I have a conference in Orlando,my hotel is there but I have a test at prometric test center,11201 N. 56TH ST,SUITE B,TEMPLE TERRACE ,FL33617.
      any advice how to reach this test center from Orlando, bus ,train,plain ?on budget please in details this is first visit to this area
      thank u

5 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • sampdavis's Profile Photo

Where is the best location

by sampdavis Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I am looking at either booking on a resort or booking a villa/house for a 14 night stay in Orlando but I don't want to drive when there so which location would be best to enjoy the best transport links I will be travelling with two 10 year olds.

8 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • entertaining a 3 yr old

by luckymom Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

We are going to be traveling to Orlando in August. Grandma needs things to entertain a 3 yr old while Mommy is in meetings. Not interested in the theme parks need simple things.

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Real places to eat in Orlando?

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM

The Official Spousal Unit and I are going to be in Orlando for the next week for a conference. We will have a car (of course). She has asked me to find good places to eat but they must satisfy two major criteria:
      1. They can't be related to Disney, Universal, or any other theme park, and
      2. they can't be an American chain restaurant (we live in the US so we know them well)

I understand that this eliminates 95% of the restaurant reviews here (heh heh). I have built a small Travel Folder of restaurants that are none of the above, but it's slim. We aren't particular to any cuisine, although going to Florida for Tex-Mex or Cajun or deep dish Chicago-style pizza or that kind of thing is kind of silly.

So, any thoughts on places that you haven't gotten around to writing a tip about yet?

Bill

17 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • joysmart's Profile Photo

Islands of Adventure

by joysmart Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Universal - Adventure Island to visit the Harry Potter park. We are going the end of September hoping most children will be in school. Planning to stay at Lowe's Portofino Hotel. Any tricks/suggestions for a more enjoyable experience? Thanks.

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
    • SamyValy's Profile Photo

A good Hotel close to Universal Parks?

by SamyValy Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Hi beautiful people!
      As every year I'm planning my holidays overseas and of course Virtual Tourist is always my first choice to get tourist tips! I'll be landing in Orlando on 24May and i'll be there for 2 days. I'd need to know where to spend these 2 nights as near as possible to Universal Parks. There are a lot of hotels..opinions..prices etc etc but I put my trust in Virtual Tourist..so please let me know your fav ones. Price around 100$/day double room. Thank you so much!!
      Sam

5 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • annahill's Profile Photo

Public Transportaion from Orlando to Tropicana Park

by annahill Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I want to visit Orlando and go to Epcot an Disney and I also want to go to a baseball game at Tropicana Park in St. Pete. Can anyone tell me how to get from Orlando to the ballpark by public transportation?

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • confused between these two properties

by sid51711 Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM

well I have narrowed it down to two hotels . 2 kids and two adults . not be driving . so keeping this in mind which of the two would u recommend . which is better and ur choice

sheraton vistana village resort on i drive : one bedroom villa - 780 square feet , special price as the normal price is 175 usd for the same . no shuttles .

World quest orlando : shuttles to epcot ( don't know how useful) : 2 bedroom and two bathroom deluxe suite : 138 with taxes . oh yes free conti breakfast .

keeping all factors in mind which one would u recommend . which hotel would i spend less on taxi doing all the theme parks and shopping or u guys suggest to split up my trip of 11 days into two hotels . if so then which two

thanks

thank u

2 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • SidT's Profile Photo

confused between the two properties

by SidT Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

well I have narrowed it down to two hotels . 2 kids and two adults . not be driving . so keeping this in mind which of the two would u recommend . which is better and ur choice

sheraton vistana village resort on i drive : one bedroom villa - 780 square feet , special price as the normal price is 175 usd for the same . no shuttles .

World quest orlando : shuttles to epcot ( don't know how useful) : 2 bedroom and two bathroom deluxe suite : 138 with taxes . oh yes free conti breakfast .

keeping all factors in mind which one would u recommend or should i split my trip into two hotels

thank u

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • where to stay in orlando

by sid51711 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM

well getting great rates through a friend of these three hotels in orlando disney , family of 4 and 2 kids included , won't be driving .

west gate resorts and spa : 2 bedroom with taxes 135 a night and they have free shuttles

sheraton vistana village resort and villas : i drive orlando : 156 with taxes

hows I drive area ?

last one is sheraton resort and villas vistana lake buena vista : again 155 for 2 bedroom with taxes

keepin in mind no car, we be doing all disney and universal and sea world parks plus shopping in all malls : so we want to be in centre so that all things are close but not that far . i mean central to most

what hotel would u recommend with kids keeping in mind the rates given and proximity etc

thank u so much

4 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Need Advice for trip to Universal Studios

by Tom_Thumb Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM

My GF and I are planning a trip to Universal Studios in about 2 weeks. We thought that 3-4 days might be a good time to spend, see all the sights, do all the rides and such, so it will be approximately on Feb 17-21.

We don't need airport pickup, we'll be driving there ourselves, we don't have pets or smoke. We're basically looking for the best deal for this trip.

So far we just tried the usual means of getting such a trip...Going through the studio's website: We can get the package 4 nights (w 1 night free) and 3 day passes (w 1 day free), which seems right time-wise + hotel. Picking the right hotel (we settled on the 3rd cheapest one, which seemed the best balance of price, distance, services and cleanliness) for a total price of $550. Not bad I guess, but I'm new at this.

My first question is, is this the best value you can get for a vacation to universal studios, or is it worth taking the time to look elsewhere?

There's a $37 airport pickup option that we don't need I can't seem to get rid of.. anyone else experience that?

Is it worth looking at non-resort hotels if such a combination results in a lower price? If they are too far away or a lot worse than the resort hotels then it's less of an issue IMO, but if the total price of the trip comes out, say, $50 less, it's worth looking at. Basically, I am ok with going to the trouble of booking a hotel separately, if I can get something out of it - probably not what most people do.

What's the best thing to do for food? If breakfast is included, great, if not, should we stop by a grocery store or is the resort food cheaper/better/more convenient? For lunch is it better to stay in the park and get something from a stand or bring food in from outside or leave the park? (I don't know how much stuff is marked up or how long it takes to leave and re-enter the park) For dinner, we'll probably go to a restaurant most nights - are there places within the park? Are they good? Are there packages that include restaurants - which may be cheaper? Is it worth heading out into town? If so, where?

Is it safer to keep your important stuff (wallet, tickets, passport etc.) with you while riding roller coasters or keep them in the hotel room?

Finally, I could use some general advice about going to Florida.. we'll be staying in the State for another 4 days or so afterward, seeing the sights - Cape Canaveral for example. This is the first vacation I have booked on my own, is there anything I should know? Look out for?

11 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Looking for a fun place to go out and meet possibly someone....Joan

by joancarol1960 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Looking to go out and meet someone, I am single and in my early 40's and would like to find an upper scale tho fun place to dance and meet people.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Hotels for business trip near Universal Studios

by rene82 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I'm taking a training course for 1 week in February in the area and have a few options for a hotel. I won't be visiting the theme parts, but would like one is a good location for walking to a number of dining options and possibly some shopping or other evening activities,. A fitness center is a must, and a nice pool/ hot tub would be a bonus. Has anyone stayed in any of these and can give your preferences?
      - Hyatt Place Orlando/ University on Caravan Court
      - Holiday Inn Express (Nearest Universal) on Major Boulevard
      - Hilton Garden Inn on American Way
      - Marriott Courtyard on Austrian Court

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    • cost of living single person doctor phillips,comfatrably

by krsh Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM

what is cost of living for a single person comfartably,

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • leebud20's Profile Photo

Kids eat free card & weather in March

by leebud20 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Hi, I'm travelling to orlando the end of March with my mum and 2 boys. What is the weather like then? Will I need to pack jumpers/jackets? I have also seen these kids eat free cards has anyone else used them? Thank you :-)

9 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • What to take to Orlando? what to do?

by trishleigh Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Im going to Orlando in Febuary and I have no idea what will be suitable to wear/pack, im going for 10 days, not traveled abroad before please help?! Also if any one has any must do's or go see's please can you tell me :)

9 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    • Dining cost for 2 adults

by wilesbd Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Tried searching this but everything i found was more family oriented. my wife and I are going on a couple year late honey moon, weve both been to orlando several times but only to disney. Were staying at Universals royal pacific doing their harry potter package the week after thanksgiving, universal has a nice discount then, were planning 3 days at the two universal parks(were both big potter fans so planning to spend a good chunk of time there with the 2nd portion being open by then) 1 day at seaworld, and 1 day at Busch gardens, and a open day that to do what we want.

with the package everything else is pretty well taken care of but not sure what to budget for food, from previous disney trips we both never cared for the restrictions that come with the meal passed, looking at the ones at universals they look pretty restrictive to places and with universals earlier closing times were thinking dinner will probably be out of the parks but still on resort at citywalk or one of the hotels.

were thinking breakfast and lunch will either be fastfood/foodstand type meals, with a nicer sit down meal later, is $100 per person a day in the right ball park to budget considering a fancier resturant for dinner?

8 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Bus Shuttle

by TeresaTuck Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

where should I park my car to get free Bus Shuttle?

10 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • Miami beach

by Riski Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

How can I get to Miami beach by public transport from clermont area in Orlando please.

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    • Carluchita's Profile Photo

Traveling to Orlando with a very active 2 YO boy. What to do?

by Carluchita Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

We are going to Disney World with my two and a half year old son next month. We will stay there for a week. Is it worth it to do Epcot Center and Animal Kingdom too? We will go for sure to Magic Kingdom but wasn't sure if the other parks are worth it with a very active toddler. What else can we do that week? Any suggestions? We would love to explore other areas not that far like Tampa, Cape Canaveral and Daytona Beach. Any tips on how to save money in park tickets? Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM
    • Discounted Amusement Park Tickets

by AlbinoPrincess Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

From what I've seen from other questions here on the forum, there isn't really a place to get discounted Disney tickets. You might be able to save a couple of dollars, but not a whole lot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. =)

Is there a place to buy discounted Sea World tickets?

12 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Closest Beach

by AlbinoPrincess Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I'm travelling to Orlando in January with another adult and four children (ages 7-12). We are staying in Kissimmee. We're crossing our fingers that it will be warm enough to spend a day at the beach. Where is the closest beach?

15 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • family going to florida

by broant Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

We have 8 adults and 5 children and wanting to stay a week in a vacation rental and only 2 days to Disneyworld, plus vehicle rental/s. I figure not staying right at Disney might be cheaper. Plus flying from Detroit to Orlando 13 seats. Does this maybe look familiar to anyone that's gone. Just want a round about amount of what the costs would be? Or anyone have any suggestions would be a great help..

5 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • Best places to stay

by baraybarjp Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My family and I (a party of 7, 5 kids from 15 to 10) are spending two week in Florida. We are planning to visit theme parks in Tampa and Orlando and we need to rent a home in each location to fit all. We do not want to stay in Tampa or Orlando next to the parks, does anybody now a close but "not so close" location near Tampa or Orlando where me may rent a place to stay?
      JP

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • Travel from Universal Orlando to Kennedy Space Center,FL

by Amuu Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

What are my public transportation options to travel from Universal Studios Orlando to Kennedy Space Center,FL
      and then
      from Kennedy Space Center,FL to ORL airport.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Grocery market near Orlando Airport

by groover101 Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM

In January a friend and myself are flying into Orlando then renting a car and drive over to Daytona for the Rolex 24 Hour race. We are arriving Orlando about 8:30 PM and I am sure it will be 9:30 before we get our rental car. We are wanting to locate a large grocery market or even a Wal Mart supercenter so we can stock up on camp food and beer for the weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also what time do beer sales end on Thusday night in Florida. I know each state varies and we want to make sure that once we arrive Daytona we dont have to leave until Monday.

5 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    • I lost my Nikon Camera

by jaqueline.ro.br Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I'm spending vacations in Orlando and lost my Camera. It's a Nikon, don't Know the model, but it's not a Coolpix, it's bigger. There's a lot of photos of my family and me on it, including pictures of my little daughter with Disney Characters. We're are devasted because she waited for so long to see them and take pictures with them. And after all hard work, we don't have the photos. The worst is that I've tried to upload the photos de day before, but an error occurred. Please, I would do anything to have at least the memory card back. I've you know something about it, please let me know. My email is jaqueline.ro.br@gmail.com.

9 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    • accommodation

by sikris Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

best place to stay in Disney World

6 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    • How to save more at The Premiun outlets, Orlando FL?

by b6016 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Any tips in how to save more when shopping at the Premium Outlets. Any hotels gift cards for staying that can be use at the outlets?

7 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM