Orlando Travel Answers

change location
rlg2706's Profile Photo

DOWNTOWN DISNEY - LYNX BUSES

by rlg2706 Online Now Jan 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM

I have read on a timetable on the internet that you can get a Lynx bus from Downtown Disney to Seaworld and then link up with the I trolley. I was under the impression that it was difficult to leave the Disneyworld resort unless you had a hire car. Has anybody used this Lynx bus and if so is it easy to use for getting to Seaworld and beyond?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: DOWNTOWN DISNEY - LYNX BUSES

by JAY1234 Online Now Jan 25, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Hi

Do you need any US Dollers, I ave quite a bit left over and I have held on to them, I will give you a better rate than the high streets

let me know

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Re: DOWNTOWN DISNEY - LYNX BUSES

by cjg1 Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I've never used Lynx but have used the Mears shuttles to go from Disney to Universal. The Disney hotel arranged for the shuttle to pick us up and take us to Universal. We arranged with the driver a return time and was given his cell number if we needed to change the pick up time.

• Lauz's Profile Photo

by Lauz Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM

You can get a lynx bus from Disney, I think it stops at the transportation centre which is by the magic kingdom, not sure if it stops anywhere else within WDW. We used to get the Lynx bus from right outside seaworld, you wouldn't need the i ride trolley for this.

• rlg2706's Profile Photo

by rlg2706 Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Thank you both - that's great to know. I have heard of Mears. If we go to Universal we would go on our very first day in Florida. Would we need to reserve a Mears shuttle in advance or could we just ask for a reservation on the day that we wanted to go? It's good to know that you can get to seaworld from Disney and that the bus stops right outside.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

You can call ahead or just catch on at the airport or have your hotel call. It's very easy.

• Re: DOWNTOWN DISNEY - LYNX BUSES

by SmokeyMountain Online Now May 12, 2009 at 5:32 AM

You can get a Lynx #50 from DTD to Seaworld and rather than get on the I Ride get a transfer ticket when you board the Lynx and transfer to lynx bus #8 which travels up International Drive the same route as the trolley but is quicker and more comfortable. Total cost2.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines