Orlando Travel Answers

change location

Restaurants near Universal

by PaulaLeeH Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I have a family holiday booked to stay partly at The Hard Rock Hotel this summer, but am aware that food/ drinks are pricey there. Are there any good restaurants near here ( preferably in walking distance) that we could go to instead? Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • amal231's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurants near Universal

by amal231 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I have been to Finnegan's Bar and Grill , a year ago. It was a good restaurant and has quite reasonable rates.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnfromoz's Profile Photo

by johnfromoz Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

The Nascar sports grill was good if you like that kind of food. www.NASCARSportsGrille.com Bubba Gump was also good bubbagump.com/locations/orla... Both are within walking distance of the Hardrock, we stayed there & ate at them both Hope you have a great trip

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Your option within the Universal Studios resort complex and within walking / resort boat shuttle distance from all 3 Universal Resorts (Hard Rock, Portofino, Royal Pacific) is the Universal CityWalk area. It's an area with restaurants, shops, & entertainment. Food options here are generally cheaper than within the hotel resort itself. Here I like to eat at Margaritaville's patio area; lots of time they have music entertainment on the patio late afternoon / early evening.

universalorlando.com/Restaur...

For outside the Universal complex, long walk / short cab ride your best bet is on Kirkman Road where there are alot of chain restaurants like Miller's Ale House.

maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...">maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...

For more mid- to upscale dining, "Restaurant Row" in the Dr Phillips area, within 2 miles southwest of Universal. On west Sand Lake Road between I-4 and Rt 435 (Apopka Vineland). Not walkable so need taxi / car. The hotel concierge should be able to give the best way to get there.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

depends on your cuisine tastes and budgets, but my favorites when living near there were
    cheeescake factory, several here
    thecheesecakefactory.com/Loc...">thecheesecakefactory.com/Loc...
    Finnegan's Bar and Grill, inside univesal
    and for more and updates see this site
    orlando.diningguide.com/dl1i...

in addition to check destinations above and look for restaurant tips by posters like us.
    hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines