Orlando Travel Answers

change location

Best Restaurants in Orlando

by cmcolvin11 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

My dad and I are going to Orlando to see the Braves spring training in a few weeks. We've been to the Disney area tons of times and done most of the restaurants in and around there. Are there any suggestion of really good places to eat that aren't disney or universal. Maybe some local places? We don't have a preference on type of food.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Best Restaurants in Orlando

by riorich55 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM

There are a number of non Disney and Universal Restaurants all around town. One we ate at a couple of years ago and still gets good reviews is a Tapas Restaurant called Tu Tu Tango. Here is a link to their website.http://www.cafetututango.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

by TexasDave Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Have you gone to chowhound.com and run a search on Orlando? There are dozens of threads on local restaurants.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Been meaning to go to Cafe Tu Tu Tango (CTTT) last year but there was a wait so definitely try to make reservations if you decide to go. Other alternatives nearby Cafe Tu Tu Tango on International Drive are:

Don Pablo (Tex-Mex) located half block south of CTTT. Decent food, I like the fact that they make their chips and tortilla on site.

Bahama Breeze (located 1 or 2 blocks south of CTTT. Just went there a few days ago. I like the change that the patio restaurant now has the same full menu as the inside restaurant. I had the Carnita Rice bowl and Banana Nut Bread Supreme for dessert. Would have those again.

In Pointe Orlando, a few restaurants opened up within the past year. One is called The Pub (next to Cuba Libre). The other is called Marlow's Tavern. Both are pub style places. Been to Marlows - friendly helpful staff; had the fish tacos and fries (nice and crispy).

As a sidenote, a fun evening can also be had in the recently opened Splitsville, which is in Downtown Disney. Splitsville is a bowling center / restaurant area / bar area with tons of TV monitors and free wifi. It's next to the movie theater so the whole family can go together in the car and also do their own thing...

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Forgot to mention "Restaurant Row" in the Dr Phillips area, within 2 miles southwest of Universal. It's the portion of west Sand Lake Road between I-4 and Rt 435 (Apopka Vineland) and is lined with a variety of restaurants. Typically mid- to upscale ones.

The newest one that just opened is Rocco's Tacos and Tequila Bar.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines