3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Brewery tours

Portland Mar 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Which breweries give tours?

4 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • Transportation to Portland Airport

Manzanita Mar 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I need to find a shuttle service that will take my daughter from Manzanita to the to Portland Airport while we our vacationing there in April. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    • parttimetraveler's Profile Photo

Greyhound Station to Portland Airport

Portland Feb 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM

What would be my cheapest/best mode of transportation from the bus depot to the airport?

5 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • hippiesurfercowgirl's Profile Photo

What happened to the cabin on the Williamson River?

Oregon Jan 29, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I used to live in this cabin as a child, from age 3 to 7 years old. I had seen a photograph of one of the pine trees when it fell on the roof of the cabin. I was told that the cabin became a historical landmark. Is this true? If so, has the cabin been restored? and is it possible to view any more recent photos of this cabin and where?
      My parents were renters in the early 70's and I believe the property owner's last name at that time was "Love".I appreciate any and all responses to my inquirry.

Sincerely,
      Ursula Barnes
      Ursula Barnes

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Yachats or Newport OR?

Yachats Jan 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Help! I'm trying to decide between two vacation rentals for my extended family, travelling in June. The first is in Yachats - great place, but located on Hwy 101 (east side). Other option is about 2 miles south of Newport, on ocean. Both are roughly the same price. Can anyone give me pros/cons of locations? In your opinion, is it better to stay in Yachats or Newport? And, how long is the drive between the two? I saw it was 24 miles but don't know if the roads are winding... any advice would be appreciated!! thank you :)

7 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Good spot along the Columbia river

Oregon Jan 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Planning a trip to multiple family gatherings in June/July of 2014. Will fly into Missoula, Montana, rent a car and spend 4-5 days with family north of there on Seeley Lake. Will then drive to Maupin, Oregon, SE of Portland on the Deschutes River. Am looking for advice for a place to stay and rest up along the way. Wife and I really need some downtime between family gatherings. Am wondering about a nice hotel/lodge somewhere along the Columbia River perhaps to spend 2 nights and a full day. Historical or relaxing or both.
      Any suggestions?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Teeter's Landing

Teeters Landing Dec 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM

do you have any information or old pictures on the history of Teeter's Landing. the Teeter's were my great grandmother and grandfather. if you have I would really appreciate it. Mary Cantere mcantere@cox.net

2 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    • Ive have a first date breakfast tomorrow morning

Oregon City Dec 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM

What type of restaurant would make the best impression for a really great breakfast? And do you happen to know of one in Oregon City, OR?

Thanks,
      Ron H

2 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • Ecola Point Picnic Shelter

Ecola State Park Oct 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

How large is the reservable covered picnic shelter at Ecola Point?

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    • hospital proximity to park

L.L. Stub Stewart State Park Sep 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What hospital is closest to this park?

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • Road trip questions

Roseburg Sep 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

2 adults traveling last week in October 2013 from Eugene, to Florence, to Reedsport, to Highway 38/138 to Roseburg and back up to Eugene, 5 days. Any small towns or must sees? We are staying one night in Florence, but haven't planned lodging beyond that. We just want to take in nature, nothing strenuous :) Also would not mind tips on great seafood meals, casual settings.
      thanks,
      Jo Ann

1 Answer Sep 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    • mckinney3's Profile Photo

Are there weather concerns for mid September

Crater Lake National Park Sep 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Planning a trip for 2014. Targeting Crater Lake around September 15. Should I be concerned about road closures? Will hiking trails be open?

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • are there any really beautiful buildings in Wilsonville

Wilsonville Sep 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Wilsonville is a half way point for two wonderful people I'm meeting. Is there a beautiful meeting spot where we could meet... maybe a winery or something

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    • Hallie Ford Museum of Art

Salem Aug 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Why doesn't the Virtual Tourist guide mention the Hallie Ford Museum of Art, on the campus of Willamette University? HFMA is the only museum of its type and quality between Portland and Eugene, and it's a gem among university art museums. For people who enjoy visual art, HFMA should be a "must see" while visiting Salem.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    • Buggy Rides

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area Aug 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Where are the buggy rides?

6 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    • "Bus Transportation"

Joseph Aug 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Is there any type of "bus" service to Lewiston Idaho for doctor/hospital appointments?

Thank You for any info, Jim

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    • oregon coast

Coos Bay Aug 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

We want to visit Crater Lake in Oregon, see the Haystack rock on Cannon Beach and tour the Oregon Coast. Which city is the best to stay to do these activity in two days?

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    • Driving time from Eugene, Or

Crater Lake National Park Jul 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Whta's the driving time from Eugene to Crater Lake's North Rim?

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • Melnm90's Profile Photo

Amps at Electrical Sites

Fort Stevens State Park Jul 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM

How many amps for electrical hookups? The website only lists 50 amps, is that accurate? I will need an adapter if so :(

5 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • What to wear?

Corvallis Jul 21, 2013 at 6:29 AM

What clothing do I need to bring for a week visit July 24-31?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

Maid Service

Stayton Jul 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I know this is a little wild of a question. But does anyone know of a good maid service in Stayton, OR?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • RacerRex9727's Profile Photo

New to traveling, thinking of going solo, any tips?

Portland Jun 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My name is Tom. I'm 24 and I'm new to Dallas, I just moved here a year ago from Phoenix. I have an awesome blessing of working for a large U.S. domestic airline at their corporate office. I've been working hard long hours there for the past year or two but now I'm finally established. I never really used my free flight benefits because I was so busy working.

I never really traveled much growing up, my parents did not have much money and put it all towards my private education, and I spent more time studying and had few outlets for recreation. Now I have this explosive opportunity to fly wherever I want whenever I want. The concept of recreation is alien to me as I have studied and focused on professional development as long as I can remember. But now I want to branch out and explore, and discover who I am outside of my career.

But I won't lie, I'm a little intimidated. I've traveled for recreation a little with family since I started working with the airline. But I want to take a leap and explore on my own. I can travel to almost 100 destinations but I don't know how to get started. I'm too young to rent a car without getting hammered with fees, so what cities are good if I want to walk or use cheap public transportation? I am thinking of doing Portland since I enjoyed Seattle so much with my family. I also don't feel comfortable traveling with my new friends yet as I don't know them well enough (and I don't drink or hit bars like they do). Is it normal to travel alone? Will I be lonely or depressed that I'm not sharing my travel experiences with someone? I heard its sometimes good to unwind and escape people and social pressures and leave them behind. Any suggestions?

14 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • chrisspinney's Profile Photo

Things not to miss during the trip from Cincinnati to Portland?

Portland May 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Have a tentative plan already to see both Arches and Yellowstone National Parks. Here's the trip so far: roadtrippers.com/trips/51a66...

I have 3 weeks and am very open to changing the route along the way. I'm into photography so places that are fun to take pictures of are a must, also really like architecture. Any suggestions?

8 Answers May 31, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    • jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Good Place to Stay near Mt. Hood

Oregon May 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM

My wife and I are going to do a road trip around Oregon in September for our anniversary and are looking for suggestions of nice places to stay in the Mount Hood area. We won't be bringing camping gear, so looking for a nice little hotel or B&B in the area with good views and opportunities for hiking and nature.

Thanks!

3 Answers May 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • Buy a phone with sim card

Portland Apr 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I plan to visit Oregon and California next july, arriving through Portland.
      Can I buy a phone somewhere with a sim card, and at a reasonable price so that people I know may reach me ? I don't need to have lots of time on advanced purchase, that's mostly to receive calls. Can I buy it even if I'm a European visitor ? Where are the best deals ?

8 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    • ctrmom's Profile Photo

Hotel by Amtrak Station?

Portland Apr 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Need a one night hotel by Amtrak Station/Union Station so I am close to walk with my rolling suitcase the next day to the train. thanks

3 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    • Is this a good site

Fort Stevens State Park Mar 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We are going to be staying in the park in loop L in site L24 and we are wondering if this site is in the trees and if it is a nice site and is the beach within walking distance?

1 Answer Apr 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • Cveilleux's Profile Photo

Cycling in Portland

Portland Mar 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We are going on an organized cycling tour the 3rd week of June, but will arrive 3 days before the trip begins. We will be bringing our bicycles and will be staying in a B&B in Southeast Portland. Which trails are the best ones to go on?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • Journey By Motorcycle from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Salem Feb 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We are going to the 41st. BMW Motorcycle Rally from July 18 to 21, 2013 in Salem, Oregon. We want to know which scenic roads are best going down the coast of Washington/Oregon to Salem for the event and then which roads to take going east from Salem, Oregon into Montana and up again to Waterton National Park on the US/Canada border. We will be entering the USA near Abbotsford British Columbia. We want to stay away from major highways as much as possible.....any ideas? Of course we will be riding our motorcycles.Do not know the area at all and would like to take in the best scenery that we can. We have two weeks in total.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM