change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Transportation To Bon Bini Festival?

Aruba Mar 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM

What would be the best way to get to the Bon Bini Festival at Fort Zoutman?
      We would leave during the day, so taking a bus wouldn't be a problem, but the festival ends at 9 PM. How will we get back? How much would taxi cost? We are staying in Noord.

more

Do taxis in Aruba charge per person?

Aruba Mar 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I read taxis on some Caribbean islands charge per person. Is Aruba the same?
      How much would taxi cost from Airport to Noord?

more

Why don't they want their own money?

Aruba Apr 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I have never seen anything like this before. There were only a few local places that asked for florins, everyone else wanted American dollars. What the hell? Why do they even have their own currency?

We asked a few locals about this, but didn't get a clear answers.

more

Rental Company Screwed Us

Aruba Mar 22, 2014 at 6:43 PM

We're in a bit of a predicament.
      We booked a car online, but they told us you pay upon arrival. We called the company, and they told us we can only pay with a credit card, which we do not have.
      Than we checked another company, and they want a $600 deposit, which we also don't have. That is ridiculous! That is more than the cost of the rental.
      So now we are stuck without a car. We originally had it booked for the whole week, but we had no idea it would be such an expensive and complicated proccess. We only really need a car for Arikok, Hooiberg, and maybe Baby Beach. Everywhere else we can take the bus, or walk. So we're thinking about just renting one for a day.
      What are some good companies, where you can pay with a debit card, and you don't have to leave a deposit?
      Is there any place we can rent a car on site?

more

Near Oranjestad

• How to Get to De Palm Island

by vonysc Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 6:50 AM

arriving in Oranjestad from cruise ship and wondered if we could get a ferry or something over to De Palm Island and how much it would cost. As we only want to snorkel for an hour or two do we have to pay to get on the Island. Or are there beaches not too far from ship terminal which are good for snorkeling. Many thanks to anyone who can give me some info. Vonysc.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    • Origin of the name L G Smith Blvd

by jeana-r Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Hi, Can anyone please tell me who "L G Smith Blvd" was named after? I get this question many many times on my travels to Aruba.

Many thanks.

4 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • Professional Photographers

by Lorna13 Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 6:19 PM

My family is planning a vacation to Aruba. We are looking for a professional photographer. I have been on a couple of forums and have gathered a couple of names of locals. Can anyone help me with information on how to contact the following.

I have heard that Paul van Driel is supposed to be the best on the island.

Also I have the name Steve Keith. Don't have much info on him at all, just that he does photos for one of the local magazines.

Tinia Cunha. No info just the name.

Anyone with information on any of these would be greatly appreciated. Websites, phone numbers or e-mail addresses.

Any contact info would be great!

Thanks so much in advance.

• Chesser's Profile Photo

Going to Aruba and want a Ferry to go to Venezuela

by Chesser Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 2:15 PM

Is there a ferry from Oranjestad to Venezuela?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2005 at 12:12 AM
    • bicycling in aruba

by heading2oranjestad03 Online Now Sep 4, 2003 at 5:08 PM

Where can I rent bicycles ???