Oradea Travel Answers

change location

English speaking primary/secondary schools in Oradea

by oradeaoption Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hi
I am Canadian and I will soon relocate to Oradea. I am looking for English speaking schools for my 11 year old and 6 year old sons. Curiculum is not relevant (British, US, International etc)
I would appreciate if anybody has any information about schools there or at least clue where to start from.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: English speaking primary/secondary schools in Oradea

by leics Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I can't find any International (or other non-Romanian-speaking) schools listed but you might try contacting the city authorities for information. Contact details here;

http://www.oradea.ro/contact

I suggest you send your email in English and in Romanian. Use Google translate or similar...it won't be perfect, but it will be adequate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I know someone - an old school friend of my daughter - who has spent most of her teaching life working abroad in International schools. This has provided my daughter with great travel opportunities - always to Capital cities - including Buchartest...
    I think you may find that the International schools in Romania are mostly in the Bucharest area. Google will find them for you, but I am sure you know that it is a long way from Oradea so a boadring school may be necessary.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

by Jetgirly Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

My Romanian is terrible at worst, but from some quick Googling this looks like it might be a good place to start researching. http://www.cnivor.ro/index.html I don't think you'll find any fully English school in Oradea, but this school definitely delivers some programming in English. There is a reference to primary education on their site, though I'm not sure if it's located on their campus or with a partner school.

1 member found this helpful

• ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Let's hope the OP returns to find these replies - - or perhaps if she is locating to take up employment in Oradea the Company has provided all the relevant information.
    That is is not unusual in "Relocation" contracts.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea