Oradea Travel Answers

change location
MrMiyagi's Profile Photo

arriving in oradea....rooms? advices?

by MrMiyagi Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 6:52 AM

next week on august 10th, we will arrive in oradea at noon or in the evening coming from hungary by train. where can we get a bed to sleep? are there people offering private rooms? where can we find them. we don't have the money to stay in a hotel so private rooms would be an alternative. it's our first time in oradea and in romania. have you got any advices for us? is there anything important i should know when i come there?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tanguero45's Profile Photo

RE: arriving in oradea....rooms? advices?

by tanguero45 Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 10:39 AM

You will probably be able to find people at the train station to offer you rooms, they should be very cheap. If not look for signs outside houses that read Casare(?)..or something like that. We saw signs all over the place when we were driving around Romania, and I presume they are rooms for rent.

Personally, ny advise is to ditch Oradea and stay in either Brasov or go to a place called Mamaia. My preference is Mamaia because of the amazing beach and the absolutely stunningly beautiful women. It's about 3 hours to the east of Bucharesti. As for advice, just keep your head on your shoulders, and be aware that while parts of Romania will look dumpy from the outside, the kidness of the people often make up for it and then some. You will probably never meet people more ready to help you on your travels.

Here's my advise for an itinerary:
    Stay in Brasov, and take a day trip to Sinaia, Sighisoara. Skip Bran, and Bucharest. Spend the majority of your time in Mamaia, or Constantia.

Have a safe trip

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MrMiyagi's Profile Photo

RE: RE: arriving in oradea....rooms? advices?

by MrMiyagi Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 5:09 AM

okay....thank you very much for your help. we will stay in brasov, too. we will travel from oradea through transsilvania to bucharest and then to constanta and vama veche. so we will see all places that you mentioned. the only thing why we stay in oradea is that we are coming from hungary and as oradea is near the border we'd like to stay there for just a night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea