change location

Need tourist info

by cc02 Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 4:14 PM

Hi everyone!
I need to know where to find the following in Oradea:
- internet cafes
- guided tours (are there any)
- good restaurants

Are there any places that I should see before I leave? I not too interested in the nightlife since I'll be going on a business trip and probably be to tired to party, but I would like to see the town. I welcome all info and tips.

Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: Need tourist info

by erabler Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 11:49 PM

According to my own experience and to Lonely Planet there are some good restaurants in the downtown pedestrian area and along the river.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidlayba's Profile Photo

RE: Need tourist info

by davidlayba Online Now Dec 7, 2005 at 4:07 AM

Hi

I was one day/nigt in oradea at my way from budapest to bucharest, it's a lovely city I am shor that you will injoy at your time there so...

1. good restauran that I liked was - "Fortas Irish Pub" it's is at 63 Donelicio street.

" Fortas Irish Pub: 63 Donelicio, M-Th11-24.00, FSa 11-03.00, Irish/English 4Lt-15Lt
    A brand new typical Irish restaurant where the locals like to come. Slightly more expensive pub, that gets busy at night time with drinkers. Guiness 11lt "

I was like so mach the "bean soup" at romanian "fasole supă" it's so good at cold whether.

2. internet cafes -
    firme.oradea-online.ro/53.ht... adresa = address , Tarif = price ,

3. guided tours ... wel I think you need to serch for travel company or big hotel 4/5 star and they cold found you something.

or you can found some privet person with his car with take you to tur. normaly the total price is as rent smol car.

4. see before I leave -
    Oradea Travel Guide

jast get in at home page of the member wich was at oradea

all the best
    david
    davidlayba@hotmail.com

• oradea_dream's Profile Photo

RE: Need tourist info

by oradea_dream Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 7:34 AM

it depends on what you consider a "good restaurant". if you are referring to price, comfort or cuisine, you will find somenthing to satisfy all tastes. \
    These "good restauranst" are scattered all over Oradea.
    Internet cafes? there is at least one within a 200-metre radius from any point.
    guided tours? check out the following site: www.westkarpaten.com

• Mique's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Need tourist info

by Mique Online Now Dec 21, 2005 at 6:37 AM

On eof the best restaurants i know in oradea is 'Taverna'. Very good local (mix romanian/hungarian) food. Str. M. Eminescu, Just a few meters from Republicii on the left-hand side. Anyway, on what to see, check the VT-pages here. Me and quite a few others have documented the city fairly well i think and you should have no problem finding your way around. Internet cafe's abundant as well. No problem there either. Enjoy your stay

• RE: RE: Need tourist info

by H.W.Roos Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 4:39 AM

For internet caffees ther are 2 that quite ok. 1 is at the corner of the piaza Ferdinand.
    The other is at the strada Primarii.

- Good restaurants are indeed also Taverna which actually has no Hungarian food, but Romanian food/music and atmosphere.
    - Picolo which is only Hungarian and opposite the Dacia Hotel Continental.
    - Chicken House which is in the strada Iuliu Maniu

Nightlive
    - Lordz is a major club
    - Downtown is a good club
    and there are sveral others.

Grtz,

H.W. Roos

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea