Oradea Travel Answers

change location
Olliver's Profile Photo

Renting an Appartment in Oradea

by Olliver Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 6:21 AM

I'm looking for websites where I can find appartment rentals fron Oradea,
with pictures in order to start thinking in what I'm going to get, cost per
month and with good deals it doesnt matter if they are in Romanian.
Also how much does a laptop or desktop cost in Oradea, are they in monthly
payments, how much does it cost the internet conection DSL or higher. Are
appartments prepared for the strong winters, how are they maintained heated.
Is it expensive to maintain your appartment warm. Romanian classes are
expensive, how much? I'll like to learn very fast to communicate easier in
my new job.
What are the best areas to live in Oradea?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: RE: Renting an Appartment in Oradea

by adigsit Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 12:20 PM

oradea-online.ro/anunturi/in...

imobiliare.ro/db/apartamente...
    imobiliare.ro/db/case/oferte...
    brunner.ro/RO_oferte.php?cat...
    zzz.ro/show.php?tip_anunt=in...

notebooks600-$2000 and beyond; desktops(all included)400-$1000 and beyond. most shops sell in monthly installments.

internet prices aren't very good9/256kbps;15/512kbps;19/768kbps http://www.rdslink.ro/cablelink/
    ~$25/512kbps; ~$45/1mbps http://www.clicknet.ro/ro/ce_2.php
    not available in the entire town,check before renting
    or share a broadband connection through a LAN (~$10)

try to rent a place with its own heating system (not connected to the city's system) and with counters for all utilities,that way you will be able to better control the costs...otherwise http://www.fapr.ro/fapr/intretinere.asp

it can't be very expensive to learn romanian,especially if you join a study group.$200/48 hours course,but you probably can find something a lot cheaper.

check every area yourself,don't follow recommendations

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mique's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Renting an Appartment in Oradea

by Mique Online Now Nov 16, 2005 at 6:52 AM

Contact members 11Dana or Gabor1965. Gabor you might not find online much but you can always contact him by going to the friday evening English Club meeting (most members are Hungarian or Romanian there). They can help you with a lot of you ask them nicely i'm sure and they can for sure help you on where or not to find an appartment. as far as i know most places are centrally heated so there isn't much you can arrange yourself (except by opening a window or something ike that. Romanians like their appartments a few degrees warmer then western europeans). I rented a studio last winter for 100 euro per month. It was slightly more expensive then i would have paid if i had had more time to search but i stayed only for a few months. And i let a romanian friend arrange everything which made it cheaper. And yes, the appartments are build to stand the cold (except when the electricity fails but that only happened a few times last winter and not for more then an hour or so. Best thing to do is go there, stay in a hotel for a week (or 2) and arrange a place to stay from there. You don't know what you are going to get from pictures and all that. You have to see the place for yourself.

About classes. You can get fairly cheap classes if you put up notes at the university. My friend that used to give classes moves to germany for a year so unfortunately she can't help you. But if in need i could ask her if she knows someone who can.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea