Oradea Travel Answers

change location

I need a help please

by jozefpsotka Online Now Jun 11, 2005 at 10:11 AM

Hallo. My name is Jozef. I'm from Slovakia. My hobbies are spelology and hiking. We plan to visit Romania this july with my friend from our speleoclub Drienka (www.drienka.host.sk). I would like to ask someone from Oradea if there exists a bus link from Oradea to Beius or to Draganesti. If not, what is the departure time of the train from Oradea to Stei (via Holod). Thank you very much for informations.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

RE: RE: I need a help please

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Jun 12, 2005 at 12:31 AM

Your trains:
    Oradea - Stei - Train no.
    02.40-06.12 P3102 (not on Sun)
    07.27-12.13 P3104

Oradea 14.20 - Holod 16.25 P3106 (not on Sat)
    and
    Holod 16.35 - Stei 18.04 P3564

All trains could be canceled by the CFR because, as it is of local importance, the whole track Ciurmeghiu - Vascau (via Stei) is to be either sold out (privatized) or closed down, in a process wchich resulted in many other closures (e.g. Viseu de Jos - Viseu de Sus - Borsa) or privatizations of tracks (e.g. Brasov - Zarnesti).

It is faster and better to go by bus / van. Take one of the few buses a day from Oradea towards Deva and get off at Stei, from where a local bus goes to Campeni a few times a day via Tapu Saddle from where the path towards Groapa Ruginoasa - Poiana Florilor - Padis Plateau starts (the last time I went that way, it took me something like 4 hours from Tapu Saddle to Padis, quite a jungle of 1 m. tall nettles on the way, hehe). Or maybe you are interested in the wild and beautiful Sighistel Valley...

However mind you taht both the straight "train" (actually a single or a couple of wagons) from Kosice to Romania and the one from Prague to Romania go via Arad and not via Oradea:

Krakow Glowny 22.31 - Kosice 05.10 - Arad 14.19 EN381 Cracovia
    Praha Hlavni Nadrazi 23.23 - Brno 03.03 - Arad 14.19 R375 Pannonia

Best regards and let me know whether I can be of any further help.
    Alex

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: I need a help please

by labrudao Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 11:58 AM

HALLO, JOZEF. IF YOU WANT AND IF YOU ARE ONLY TWO OF YOU I'M READY TO GET YOU TO STEI OR SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THAT DIRECTION. BY THE WAY I HAVE A HOUSE IN SIGHISTEL AND YOU MAY STAY THERE FOR A FEW DAYS IF IT IS FINE BY YOU. THE ONLY CONDITION IS TO COME AFTER 20 OF JULY BECAUSE BEFORE THAT DAY I HAVE SOMETHINGS TO DO. IF YOU DECIDE LIKE THIS I'M ABLE TO SHOW YOU SOME PLACES YOU WON'T FORGET. IN THE AREA OF SIGHISTEL ARE SOME VERY NICE CAVES, BUT YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW BECAUSE I SAW ON THE NET SOME LINKS FROM YOUR PAGE TO SIGHISTEL WORD.
    ANYWAY THE OFFER STAYS FOR ARRIVAL AFTER 20 OF JULY.

LEO

• RE: I need a help please

by jozefpsotka Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 8:52 AM

thank you very much for the offer but we plan to arriwe 9. july to Oradea and from there to Pietroasa ( via Draganesti or Sudrigiu)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea