Oradea Travel Answers

change location
lillyia's Profile Photo

Sofia - Oradea

by lillyia Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Hi,

:)

I wonder how toreach Oradea from my country? Sofia - Busharest - Oradea or Sofia - Beograd - Oradea? By bus/plane/train? We don't have direct busses, so which is the nearest well-known location? Thank you!!!

It's urgent, please help.

Thank you!

Greetings from Bulgaria,
Liliya

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

RE: Sofia - Oradea

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 1:24 PM

Whichever way you go, you have to change trains. Going via Belgrade means two changes (Belgrade and Timisoara), going via Bucharest means one change. Going the straightest way (Sofia - Vidin; Calafat - Arad; Arad - Oradea) means two changes and a ferry across the Danube. I would personally recommend going via Bucharest, it is the easiest option. Longer a route, but more convenient and comfortable if you take a sleeper overnight from Sofia to Bucharest or from Bucharest to Oradea, according to the time to start from Sofia:
    Sofia Centralna 19.30 - Bucuresti Nord 07.15 R382 Bulgaria Ekspres (a 2nd class poor BDZ or CFR seats wagon, a BDZ old sleeper, sometimes joined by a better ex-DB CFR sleeper, and always joined by a couple of RZD / UZ comfy sleepers)
    Bucuresti Nord 12.55 - Oradea 22.59 IC531 Avram Iancu (recently refurbished, excellent Astra wagons belonging to the CFR, alot better than the much ado about nothing uncomfortable Siemens Desiros both the BDZ and the CFR stupidly bought)

Sofia Centralna 08.00 - Bucuresti Nord 18.39 R460 Transbalkan (a poor BDZ or CFR seats wagon, an ex-DB CFR sleeper coming from Thessaloniki, a MAV sleeper coming from Thessaloniki)
    Bucuresti Nord 19.55 - Oradea 06.47 A1741 (poor CFR seats wagons, a good ex-DB CFR sleeper, a good CFR couchette wagon)

Best regards and let me know whether I can be of any further help.
    Alex

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

RE: Sofia - Oradea

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 1:27 PM

Sorry, a mistake: going the straight way (via Vidin) means 3 train changes (not 2) and a ferry: Sofia - Vidin (fast train); Vidin - Calafat (ferry); Calafat - Craiova (local train); Craiova - Arad / Timisoara (fast train); Arad / Timisoara - Oradea (fast or local train).
    Alex

• lillyia's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Sofia - Oradea

by lillyia Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 2:29 PM

WOW!!!

Thank you!

I've sent your messages to the girl who will visit Oradea. I can't believe you have all this information! Romanian Bats travel a lot :)

Thank you very much,
    and will write to you again
    Liliya

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea