Oradea Travel Answers

change location
Supergoodguy's Profile Photo

Details on getting a passport :)

by Supergoodguy Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 12:25 AM

I go to a court house and apply there right? About how much will it cost and how long will it take? I have to leave by March 15 so if I apply now would I get my passport within 45 days? Also I'm not buying my ticket until I have my passport. Will the ticket be higher if I buy it only a few days before the flight? Thanks a lot. :)

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

Re: Details on getting a passport :)

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 1:14 AM

Find here the U.S. Department of State website with all needed information on getting a U.S. passport for the first time: travel.state.gov/passport/ge.... If you apply for the routine procedure, you get it in about 6 weeks. Otherwise, on the same website you can find the emergency procedure with extra fees, getting it in 2 weeks or even less. If you are in a hurry, you can also find here a company assisting US citizens to get a passport fastly: uspassportbureau.com/newpass... Best regards, Alex alex@futurevox.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Supergoodguy's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Details on getting a passport :)

by Supergoodguy Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 1:31 AM

Thanks a lot. Yeah I think I probably should do the quick way because getting it in 6 weeks is cutting it really close and if they are a just a little later then I wouldn't get it in time. Also I'm was planing on flying to Budapest then ride a bus to Romania. I think that I probably couldn't do that now could I? Can I use a Passport to go to any country or is this passport only going to be for Romania?

• Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 1:45 AM

You can use the passport to visit as many country as you wish, not only one. As an US citizen, you need no visa for either Hungary or Romania, so you can fly into Budapest and then go to Oradea by train or bus, no problems there. Trains run like this from Budapest: Budapest Nyugati HEC - Oradea HEOr - Train no. 10.00-15.47 R365 16.00-22.00 R407 Oradea HEOr - Budapest Nyugati HEC - Train no. 04.10-08.10 R406 10.23-14.10 R364 Mind you that there is a 1 hour difference between Hungary and Romania, as the two countries lie in different time zones. All times are local, actually the ride takes 5 hours. All trains a daily. A seat reservation is compulsory for the Romanian leg, therefore ask for one when in Budapest station. In Romania it comes automatically with the train ticket. You will be assigned a wagon and seat number you can use during the journey. Best regards, Alex alex@futurevox.com

by Supergoodguy Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 2:52 AM

Wow thanks, you have been so helpful. I really appreciate it. :) I'm really excited about this trip. :)

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 3:09 AM

If you plan to come to Oradea itself, let me know when you'll be here. We have a few VT-ers here who never have been to a VT-meeting yet. And you coming here will be a very good excuse :-)

by Supergoodguy Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 3:40 AM

Ok I'm not sure exactly when yet. It will be sometime within March 1-15 when I will arrive and I will stay 2-3 weeks depending on when I arrive I have to be back by March 30th. :)

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 4:00 AM

I'll be leaving Oradea around half march, traveling some more in Romania before heading on north. But keep me posted on it. Have fun here. Though i'm not too worried about that...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oradea