Oostende Travel Answers

change location

how much

by gilet Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 10:18 AM

How much would it cost in June to travel eurostar to Brussels and on to ostend return?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: how much

by svenmasselin Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 10:19 PM

I don't think you can take the Eurostar from Oostende to Brussels.
    You need the NMBS, national railways in Belgium. Their website is http://www.nmbs.be

At the rates now this would cost you 28.6 euro for a return ticket.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: how much

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 1:04 AM

It is impossible to say as the Eurostar has different prices for different departure times (business or non business peaks and so on). Therefore, just check your travel times at www.eurostar.com and see what's on offer. Then add what Sven gave you for Brussels to Oostende.

• qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: how much

by qaminari Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 2:20 AM

Also consider getting off the Eurostar at Lille and taking the train from there to Ostend - although you have to change stations from Lille-Europe to Lille-Flandres, which are a few hundred metres apart, there are some direct trains e.g. dep. 13:05
    arr. 14:50 (at other times you have to change in Kortrijk) so this could save time and probably money compared with going into Brussels and coming out again. I can't tell you the exact price but if eurostar can't give you the price for the whole trip, try the SNCF office in London: French Railways House, 179 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HN, tel.: 0870-584 8848 or French Railways' website: www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_CMD=cmdHomepageUK

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: how much

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 2:23 AM

Good point!

• RE: how much

by Dunx Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 4:44 AM

Eurostar tickets to Brussels include onward travel to any destination in Belgium - it's all included. I think you must complete the onward journey within 24 hours.

If you get a Eurostar ticket to Lille you would have to pay for your onward ticket to Ostend.

• Re: how much

by rontrav Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 8:29 AM

The easest way to Ostend by Eurostar is to leave Eurostar at the MIDI station
    the brusells terminus for Eurostar and then get the train from the same station
    to Ostend which is just over an hours journey . The train leaves every hour from platform 15 and is totally free of charge both ways with a Eurostar ticket.
    I shall be there myself on the 18th of nexct month time to restock the tobacco supplies :))).
    Ron .

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines