change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Oman Travel Answer Locations

• Question to Westerner Travellers who Explored Oman

Oman Dec 16, 2014 at 6:52 AM

How easy would it be for an older woman alone to travel around the country? Can one see the country by taking public buses? And about how long would you say it would take to see Oman without rushing? Is there relatively cheap accomodation like youth hostels? Would love to hear from people who've done it.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Flat to rent?

Muscat Dec 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Does anybody have a flat to rent in Muscat for winter months?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM
    • Dhow builders

Muscat Dec 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Is there anywhere where we can see a Dhow being built? Thanks Roy

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM
    • single traveler

Muscat Nov 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM

can single woman travel around a lone?

8 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Dhow cruise - Khasab

Khasab Nov 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Coming from Dubai for a two nights stay in Khasab. Would you advise to book a dhow cruise from Dubai or we can do it the day we arrive to Khasab? Any tour companies to recommend? Thank you!

1 Answer Nov 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Flight with Sunexpress - service, entertainment, food and drinks?

Oman Nov 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hi @ all. Who has experienced a long distance flight with Sun Express? We will fly to Salalah with this airline in December and I would like to know something about service, food, drinks, entertainment. Do I have to pack my own lunch bag? Thanks @ all in advance, I got so much great help and tips before from you all and appreciate this very much.

1 Answer Nov 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Driving in Oman

Oman Nov 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Hi there
      I'll be glad to hear your opinion of driving condition in Oman, chiefly in Muscat. I don't speak/read Arabic so that I suppose it would be not so easy for me. Any warnings, tips would be invaluable.
      I have already rented a 2D car for driving in Muscat and surroundings, so I exclude a desert adventure with this car.
      thank you

6 Answers Nov 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Custom law

Oman Nov 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Hi there
      I've searched quite a lot websites looking for custom rules and the more I read the more I am confused. I found a lot of discrepancies in relation to bringing in some goods as alkohol, food and so on... I'll meet there the expat people who feel lack of some European delicacy so it would be nice to fetch them this and that, not infringing the law.
      In addition in my way is also the UAE, so their custom law must be taken into consideration as well.

Could someone be so kind and shed light on this problem.

Any advice from an experienced traveler?
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Passports and visa

Oman Oct 27, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Dear Travellers,
      Is it Ok to travel in Oman if I have a British Passport and i live in Israel?
      I know that if you Have an Israel passport its forbbiten, there is no law against traveling in Oman in israel, but i know that its illegal in Oman.

Tnx.

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Tour in Dhofar Region - Salalah

Salalah Oct 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I am planning to go Salalah in December. Can someone tell me if its possible to hire a taxi to drive around the region and how much it will cost.
      The tour is just too pricey

Thank you

4 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • Rapuntsil's Profile Photo

Things to do in Muscat

Muscat Oct 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hello,

please advise what to see, where to go in Muscat, will be there on New Year hollidays. Thank you

4 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • banned in uae

Oman Oct 18, 2014 at 6:32 AM

I am life banned in uae can I get awork visa to oman?

4 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Staying in Muscat

Oman Oct 9, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Hi VT gurus
      Next month I am taking a challenge and go (alone) to Muscat. I intend to stay there for couple of days and take a few one/two days trips outside the city.

I have a few questions.
      1. Can anyone recommend me a decent hotel close to the city center, which does not ruin my budget, around $100 per night. Do I ask for moon searching for a hotel with a small piece of greenery around?
      2. Can anyone point me out a reliable tour agency for my trips? ---- prices?
      3.Is it a good idea to rent a car and driving alone? --- personal and traffic (whithin/out the city) safety?
      4. Is my Polish driving licence valid in Oman? Or I need international one.
      5. Is something worth seeing around that is not widely known,a less touristy spot but still interesting ( including scenery)
      6. Is a public transport in Muscat as bad as is said ?
      7. What is avarage cost of modest living in Muscat?
      I would be extremely greatful for your response. :))

4 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Staying in Muscat

Oman Oct 9, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi VT gurus
      Next month I am taking a challenge and go (alone) to Muscat. I intend to stay there for couple of days and take a few one/two days trips outside the city.

I have a few questions.
      1. Can anyone recommend me a decent hotel close to the city center, which does not ruin my budget, around $100 per night. Do I ask for moon searching for a hotel with a small piece of greenery around?
      2. Can anyone point me out a reliable tour agency for my trips? ---- prices?
      3.Is it a good idea to rent a car and driving alone? --- personal and traffic (whithin/out the city) safety?
      4. Is my Polish driving licence valid in Oman? Or I need international one.
      5. Is something worth seeing around that is not widely known,a less touristy spot but still interesting ( including scenery)
      6. Is a public transport in Muscat as bad as is said ?
      7. What is avarage cost of modest living in Muscat?
      I would be extremely greatful for your response. :))

5 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Bikini or swimsuit at the beach? Juweirah Boutique Hotel Salalah

Oman Oct 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi @all, what would you suggest? We will be at the above mentioned Hotel. I am not sure if we'll have to go to a public beach or if there is a private one. Maybe some of you have already been there? That would be of great help. Any answer will be appreciated. Nic

1 Answer Oct 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Which cloathes to pack (women)

Oman Oct 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Dear all, we'll stay a week near Salalah in December and I would like to know the dresscode for women there. Have been to Dubai before, will it be different? Thanks a lot for your answers in advance. Nic

13 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM
    • Diving in Salalah

Salalah Sep 23, 2014 at 5:50 AM

We would like to dive in Salalah. Any tip regarding where to stay and with which dive club engage?
      Thanks in advance
      Ed

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • Tourist spot near Muscat City center

Oman Sep 15, 2014 at 1:52 AM

What are the tourist spots near Muscat City Center ? Appreciate your answer . Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM
    • Want to travel in a group

Salalah Aug 9, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hi
      Anybody travelling to Salalah by road on 13th or 14th of Aug? Want to join so we travel in group. Plz call me at 0551052129.

• Transportation from Dubai to Salalah

Salalah Aug 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hi, any body can inform me the cheapest transportation from dubai to salalah for a family of 4 persons

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM
    • Cheap tour or taxi guide in Salalah

Salalah Aug 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM

We would be much grateful if you can help me by providing some tour operators or taxi drivers that could take us around Salalah. We have seen a few tour packages on the net & honestly they seem to be very pricey

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • visit salalah

Oman Aug 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

you should to visist salalah becouse it had a beautiful places and a good views and there you will had a good trip its nat to expensive its cheap and there you can enjoy of the nice view and the best time to visit salalah its fron jone to september and there you can enjoy the green lands and the fabulouse wind and you should visit the beach its so good there
      hope you visit salalah and enjoy your trip?!
      i am 10 years old

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • TRAVELLING BY ROAD TO SALALAH OMAN

Salalah Aug 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Any one travelling to SALALAH OMAN BY ROAD in August 2014 ?
      Because its good to travel in a group.

Thanks and best regards !

Dr.Adnan Ahmad

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    • Anyone going Salalah this Eid holidays??

Salalah Jul 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Anyone going to Salalah this Eid holiday? I am planning to leave on Sunday 27th July with my family (Wife and 7 month son). Any other family leaving from Sharjah or Dubai can join as its better to travel in group rather than alone.

2 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 1:33 AM
    • WORK FOR WOMAN IN OMAN

Oman Jul 25, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Are woman allowed to work in Oman and if so what kind of jobs are they allowed to do.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • week break in muscat

Muscat Jul 20, 2014 at 4:52 AM

is it ok to book excursions when we arrive or is it better to book in advance and who with. what excursions would you recommend.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • rent a car in oman

Oman Jul 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I want to know the rate of hiring a car in Muscat. Per killometer or per day

Priyantha

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • mmarwaha's Profile Photo

which is the best spot to take night shots of the city of muscat

Muscat Jun 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM

hi,
      im looking for advise on which is the best spot where i can take night shots of the city of muscat.
      thanks
      mohit

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Hotel Prices

Salalah Jun 30, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I want to stay for 1 night in any hotel (hilton, marriot, crown plaza, or the one in salalah gardens mall). Can anyone please give me each hotels price??

5 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • tourist visa

Oman Jun 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM

my friend wants to visit oman for a month but he doesn't have any relative in oman only friend. He is from philippines. can anybody help me to find a travel agency that could provide him visa. thank you in advance.