change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Oman Travel Answer Locations

• rent a car in oman

Oman Jul 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I want to know the rate of hiring a car in Muscat. Per killometer or per day

Priyantha

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • mmarwaha's Profile Photo

which is the best spot to take night shots of the city of muscat

Muscat Jun 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM

hi,
      im looking for advise on which is the best spot where i can take night shots of the city of muscat.
      thanks
      mohit

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Hotel Prices

Salalah Jun 30, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I want to stay for 1 night in any hotel (hilton, marriot, crown plaza, or the one in salalah gardens mall). Can anyone please give me each hotels price??

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • tourist visa

Oman Jun 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM

my friend wants to visit oman for a month but he doesn't have any relative in oman only friend. He is from philippines. can anybody help me to find a travel agency that could provide him visa. thank you in advance.

• Visa Problems

Tiwi May 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Dear All,

could someone tell me if there is any problem with the visa ie my employment Visa is stamped as "Cleaner" since my employment was urgent and my company had no Visa slots. I am working as an Engineer. So was wondering if there will be any problem if i do a road trip to this place with my " Cleaner Visa"

Cheers
      VJ

1 Answer May 26, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • visa deposit

Muscat Apr 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Visa deposit process is open on Friday-Saturday at muscat airport or not ?

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Accomodation

Salalah Apr 24, 2014 at 4:09 AM

For a family of two adults and two infants (1.5 years) which would be the best accommodation with kids pool and scope for lot of fun.
      Also suggest a reasonable tour itinerary for two and a half days/three nights

• Do i need a transit visa?

Muscat Apr 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am Thai passport and living in Germany and on my way back from Thailand to Germany.
      I have 14 hour stopover in Muscat Oman airport for 14 hrs.. I was wondering do I need a visa to leave the airport..
      I would be grateful for any help?

4 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Is a car essential in Muscat?

Muscat Apr 16, 2014 at 1:33 AM

We will be in Muscat for three days at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah which, I know, is a little far out from Muscat centre and from the Grand Mosque. We will stay there prior our two weeks self-drive all over Oman but we did not order a car for our days in Muscat. Are taxis easily available? Are there taxi stands at, say, the Grand Mosque, the soukh, LuLu hypermarket, etc.? Or is it better to have your own car? We're not very keen on driving in Muscat ...
      Thanks!

8 Answers May 4, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • visiting with my girlfriend

Oman Apr 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM

is it possible to visit oman with my girlfriend? is there any legal issue?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    • uglyscot's Profile Photo

which airline?

Oman Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Has anyone any opinion about which airline to take from Uk to Muscat?

3 Answers May 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • Currency exchange

Oman Apr 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

2 ?'s. Is airport in Oman good place to exchange $$ or should I do in town ? When exchanging to local currency would it be better for me to start with US $ or the Kuwaiti dinar

1 Answer Apr 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    • MikeAngel0's Profile Photo

Dibba from Dubai

Dib Dibba Mar 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM

How to commute from Dubai to Dibba?

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Travelling from Dubai to Khasab

Khasab Mar 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Who can I contact to have 2 of my clients moved from Dubai to Khasab and then to return them back to Dubai three days later?
      Is there a regular bus service between these 2 points?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    • Does it make sense to move my child who would be going to Std 11 this summer?

Muscat Feb 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM

We may be in Muscat and would like to know if it makes sense to move my child who is now in the 10th Std to continue his 11/12 in Muscat... please advise...

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • TomBoeckx's Profile Photo

Muscat in April

Muscat Feb 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Ramada Hotel in Muscat?

I am considering booking there for a business trip in April, but haven't seen any real reviews yet.

I'd also like to hear some tips on how to best get around in the supposed heat in April. I'm VERY fair-skinned and burn easily.

Thanks

Tom

5 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • Visa from Dubai to Oman

Oman Jan 18, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello,
      i will come to Dubai for 5 days and I will have Serbian visa, and I wish to visit Oman for one day. So my question is, can I get a visa for Oman for one day maybe somewhere in Dubai or on the border with Oman?
      Thank you

• Left / Storage Luggage at Muscat Airport

Muscat Jan 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM

As part of longer trip we are flying from Muscat to Salalah and dont want to take all luggage with us. Any possibilty tostore at the airport available ?
      Shukran

• Oman car insurance

Oman Dec 19, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Quick help:some rental car agencies give you the extra insurance for Oman, others they say you can buy it at the boarder and it costs more.apart from the price difference, someone knows if it s safe this procedure. Orr it s better to buy it at a car rental agency?
      Many thanx
      Francesca

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • How much money will I need?

Oman Dec 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Hello! I am an American girl who will be traveling to Muscat for a 4 week long Arabic intensive. I've already paid for my lodging (I'll be staying in a dorm as a part of the program); however, meals are not included in tuition. I'm wondering around how much money I'll need for food for those four weeks- it's hard for me to tell how much things cost there. So, 3 meals a day for 30 days. I'll prefer to eat the least expensive food there is (I hear it's Indian or other Southeast Asian food). Thank you for your help!

1 Answer Dec 18, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    • take the car in Dubai and leave it in Kashab..possible??

Khasab Dec 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I read everythingh about driving to Kashab. What I cannot understand is if it's possible to rent the car in Dubai drive to Kashab and leave it there since then I will be interested in taking the cruise for 2 days in the Musandam peninsula.
      Please Help.
      I cannot find any bus that goes from Dubai to Kashab, very strange being just 187 Km. Strangly, It looks cheaper to go from Dubai to Muscat and from Muscat to kashab by ferry....no sense...
      Francesca

11 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    • Transit Visa for Muscat

Muscat Dec 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM

i am travelling from Malaysia to Muscat and after 48 hours i am travelling to karachi via Oman air.I need a transit visa for Muscat.As i am a Pakistani National can i get transit Visa?Please help me out

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • SPECIAL PLACE TO VISIT

Muscat Dec 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN DUBAI AND ABUDHABI? Mountain trip whether worth in Jan. 2014?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • Camping in musandam

Muhafazat Musandam Nov 18, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hi,

We're going to musandam next week, hoping to camp. We'll be driving down the Dubai-Khasab road. Does anyone have tips on camping spots? Is it safe? Alternatively, is it possible to stay somewhere outside Khasab?

We'd also love to rent kayaks or a boat for a day, so any tips on that gratefully received. We've heard it's possible to get locals to drop you off by boat on a beach and come pick you up the following day.

Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 18, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • trnapsort form muscat to khasab

Khasab Nov 17, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Dear all,
      I want to go to kahab from Muscat for 2 full days. But i don't want to waste my time on a day trip only in transport.
      No flight for the period
      High speed boat but 3h on the full afternoon
      Train or rent a 4x4 very early in the morning ?
      what do you please recommand me?

many thanks for your help

CĂ©line from Paris
      celine123456789@me.com

3 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    • Friday touring in Muscat?

Muscat Nov 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We will be in Muscat on Friday, January 31, on a cruise stop. We have not been able to find any tours offered on that day because it is a Friday. Do any local agencies offer any tours on that day, and if not, what can one do on their own in Muscat on a Friday?

Carl

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • One day only

Salalah Oct 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Our Cruise ship will be visiting here, not till April 2013, but I am doing a bit of preplanning.We prefer to explore independantly,or with a local guide, and would value your knowledge on how and what would be a good way to spend our day.
      Thank you, Bridget

1 Answer Oct 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • Sur in Oman

Oman Oct 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Has anyone been to Sur in Oman? What do you think of that place? Would you recommend it to a friend to visit?

2 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • gender change in oman employment visa

Oman Oct 22, 2013 at 6:57 AM

how many days will it take to change the gender in already issued 2 years employment visa for oman

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • Fast tracking from arrivals to check in

Muscat Oct 17, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I will bearrving in Muscat on an Emirates flight from Dubai airport and have an ongoing flight to Kahsab 2 hours later. I am a little concerned that this may not be enough time given I will need to obtain my visa and then check in with Oman Air. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from International arrivals to Domestic check in (ignoring ques of course)? Also any tips on fast tracking my visa (I am a UK citizen and understand that I can only pick it up on arrival)- any advice welcome thanks

4 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM