Oman Travel Answers

change location
MundaU's Profile Photo

Oman trip

by MundaU Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

hi

i will be in Muscat, Oman for some 24 hrs on 26th of march and would like to see as much as possible and for that i need someones help if you know? Tell me what can we do in this period? and how much it costs? Anybody knows something plz?

Regards
Ijaz

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Oman trip

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

In Muscat , a visit to the grand Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.is a must- observe dress code (no bare shoulders or legs)
    Walk along the Corniche and visit the old area of Muttrah, and fishing markets
    A day trip to Nizwa ( once a great cultural and religious town) is interesting- but you would have to pop into a travel agency to enquire about cost. The drive through the desert and mountains is wonderfully scenic- drive is about 90mins
    The Bazaars are also good to visit
    There is also and old fort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

With only 24 hours, forget about heading to Nizwa. You'll only have time of Muscat.

Certainly the Cornish and Muttrah (as mentioned). The old part of town has a cool castle. The mosque is nice, but it's a mosque.

Price will be an issue. Oman is not cheap. The visa on arrival is about $15. But since Muscat is super spread out, you'll need to take a lot of taxis. It adds up. A super cheap hotel will be $30-$40. So, for just one day, you're looking at a minimum of $100.

• sachara's Profile Photo

by sachara Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I agree, for only one day stay in and around Muscat. There is enough to see like already mentioned, the old part of town, the fort, the corniche, the bazaar, the mosque.

• henri123's Profile Photo

by henri123 Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Have a nice walk along the corniche. Start at the fish market in the morning.

Then passby the souk in the centre of the see walk.

Finally all along the corniche to old muscat to see the sultan's palace.

It's a long but interesting day.

http://www.omantourisme.com/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Oman Travel Answer Locations