Olympic National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

Seattle Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • Gas/Groceries

by carladman Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Are there gas stations and any groceries along the route from the Log Cabin Resort - to Sol Du - Lake Quinalt?

3 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    • Why Hoh river has grey color?

by darsunt Online Now Oct 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM

While camping at the Hoh rain forest we noticed the water of the river was not clear. It has a grey or whitish tinge to it. Does anyone know why this is the case? This was back in August.

Thanks

4 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    • Preparations for camping in the rain?

by darsunt Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM

The weather report says there is a chance of showers the week we plan to camp at Hoh rain forest. Do you guys have any suggestions as to any special preparations we should take? We have only camped 'dry' before.

Thanks

9 Answers Aug 18, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    • No showers in Hoh campgrounds!

by darsunt Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I've just found out that none of the campgrounds in Olympic National Park have showers. That includes the Hoh campground which we hope to visit in August. I was wondering:
      Would a splashing at the river keep us from stinking too badly?
      Would it be worth to try those camping showers?
      Would it be permitted to use one in Hoh campground?

Thanks

5 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    • Need help with plans

by winkd2 Online Now Jun 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Will be visiting Olypmic NP for approx 5-6 days, after flying into Seattle. Would like some help in getting an idea of where to plan to spend our time. Would like to get a survey of the park durign our visit. Will only be doing day hikes, no backpacking. Will have a car. Where should we look to stay as our night bases? Thanks for the help!

10 Answers Jul 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    • guod7's Profile Photo

second beach access

by guod7 Online Now May 22, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Can any one give me details on how to park/access second beach?
      thanks

1 Answer May 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    • guod7's Profile Photo

Alpine views..best sites to view Mt goats

by guod7 Online Now May 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Hi
      We will be in the park in June and are interested in alpine photo ops. Of course Hurricane Ridge is a stop but that seems to be the only place mentioned on the internet. I was hoping for some other options in or maybe outside the park but within a hours drive.
      Also, I have seen video of tourists encountering mountain goats while on Hurricane Ridge..does anyone know other places they might be found in June?
      Thanks in advance
      Doug

7 Answers May 9, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Where to stay on the Peninsula

by goodfish Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM

We're thinking of doing the Peninsula in the fall of this year and I'm stumped for hotels. As is so often the case, the NP lodgings get minimal and/or lousy reviews and rates are really high. Can anyone suggest good alternatives? We want to do Hurricane Ridge, Hoh Rain Forest, Crescent Lake, the beaches and maybe a trip up to Neah Bay - at the very LEAST. Can spend 5 days or so. Will also spend 3 days or so in Seattle. We're into quality vs quantity - meaning we'd rather spend a day doing one location well than cramming in a lot. We don't plan on going into Canada - will save that for another trip. I guess I'm looking for clean, decent places to stay without breaking the bank, the most scenic places to see, and some terrific hiking. Could splurge one night or so. Any advice from some locals? What shouldn't we miss? Oh, and the NP trail to 2nd Beach is listed as closed - any other way to access that? Thanks a bunch for your help here!

4 Answers Aug 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    • How can I get to Olympic national park if i don't have a car?

by buzzfredson Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I'm a college student trying to get in some backpacking over a school break, but I don't have a car.

How can I get to Olympic without one?
      I feel like it should be doable in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 8, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    • Irina80's Profile Photo

Hiking he Olympic coast

by Irina80 Online Now Sep 19, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Friends! Leaving for Seattle in a week, will have 3 days to explore the Olympic NP, i know its not enough so i'm curious to know if there is a way to leave a car somewhere, suppose, around Rialto beach, get a taxi or bus or whatever to get back up north to Ozette lake area, hike thru Ozette to the coast and down to Rialto beach, with overnight camping, is it doable??? Perhaps, someone could advise a similar itinerary, my point is to make a 10-15 mile loop instead of doing the daily round trip 3 mile hikes. Also, which is more interesting? going south of Rialto beach or north????? Thanks a lot in advance!!

3 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM
    • govinda8ME's Profile Photo

Camping and Day hikes?

by govinda8ME Online Now May 29, 2007 at 2:53 PM

I will be on the penninsula this friday for three days. My questions are are how the bugs this early in the year? How is the "tailgate" camping close to the Hoh River area? Should I stay outside of the park and drive in in the morning or set up camp in the park? And also how is the camping at La Push, on the beach, this early in the year? Does any body have an idea on the predicted weather for this weekend? Any help at all would be greatly apprecieated, and if anybody is interested in good day hikes friday, saturday, or sunday, let me know, local experience usually helps any experience. Cheers

• govinda8ME's Profile Photo

Camping and Day Hikes

by govinda8ME Online Now May 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM

i will be on the penninsula this friday for three days. My questions are are how the bugs this early in the year? How is the "tailgate" camping close to the Hoh River area? Should I stay outside of the park and drive in in the morning or set up camp in the park? And also how is the camping at La Push, on the beach, this early in the year? Does any body have an idea on the predicted weather for this weekend? Any help at all would be greatly apprecieated, and if anybody is interested in good day hikes friday, saturday, or sunday, let me know, local experience usually helps any experience. Cheers

• Sleeping on the beach?

by yooper4life Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Just looking for some feedback, been awhile since Ive been to the coast in a while. Can you camp it on the beach and not have to stay at a campground?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    • 2 days in Olympic National Park help

by thejule Online Now Jul 3, 2005 at 1:54 PM

After renting a car, we are planning on driving from Seattle to Pt Angeles in August via Bainbridge. We currently have reservations for 1 night at Crescent Lake Lodge and plan to drive to that end of the park first. The second night we have reservations in Port Angeles and plan to visit Hurricane Ridge. We are going to Victoria, via Victoria Express Ferry the next day, and will spend one night there and come back the next day, then drive back to Seattle. What can we see in this amount of time around Crescent Lake, and then back to Hurricane Ridge area? Also, how long is the drive from Seattle to Port Angeles? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2005 at 6:54 AM
    • Itinerary for Olympic National Park?

by rdob Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 5:11 PM

We are contemplating a trip to Olympic National Park during the summer. Is it possible to stay in one or at the most two places over the span of 5 days or so and see the areas that we would want to see (the rain forest, beaches, mountains etc.) or is it more advisable to stay only one night in each place and try to complete the entire loop of the park without doubling back and forth and fighting traffic? Also, are the flies/mosquitos a big problem in summer? Thanks Rob from Ann Arbor, MI

11 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 9:18 PM
    • flies!

by kaibab Online Now Dec 11, 2004 at 12:13 AM

We plan to be visiting this Summer. We avoid Scotland in the Summer because of the infernal midges and flies and we suddenly wondered if they were a big summer problem in the national park?

1 Answer Dec 11, 2004 at 3:08 PM
    • Camping in Olympic National Forest

by leendap Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 3:31 PM

Any good campgounds suggestions in the Olympic National Forest? What about lodging such as cabins or B&B's? How about good bodies of water for canoeing and kayaking? Canoe/Kayak rental shops? Any more info about hiking or must-see places? Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 19, 2004 at 6:04 PM