Olympic National Park Travel Answers

change location

Camping in Olympic National Forest

by leendap Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 3:31 PM

Any good campgounds suggestions in the Olympic National Forest? What about lodging such as cabins or B&B's? How about good bodies of water for canoeing and kayaking? Canoe/Kayak rental shops? Any more info about hiking or must-see places? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Summer33's Profile Photo

Re: Camping in Olympic National Forest

by Summer33 Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 6:04 PM

Lake Crescent, a huge lake with tons of camping and a really nice lodge, right on 101. We camped in La Push which is a indian reservation located right on the coast, you can camp right on the beach for free I suggest paying5 to park then you can park right there and use the showers there as well, and what to do...surf. Also Mora campground is a beautiful campground, it's only a 5 minute drive from the coast and there are rivers everywhere to fish from. It's11 for a camp site, and all of them are really nice, big private campsites. Tons of hiking, fishing and swimming. I have more info and pics in my travel pages.Have fun. Oh and about kayaking, I suggest renting in Port Angeles, it's the biggest city along 101, and there are places to kayak there as well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Olympic National Park