Olympia Travel Answers

change location
dickiemint's Profile Photo

olympia area

by dickiemint Online Now May 25, 2004 at 3:45 PM

we are going to olympia at the end of july / aug and would like to know what sort of thing there are to see and do bearing in mind we have never been to the states before . also can you swim with dolphins in this area. all tips and advice would be appreciated thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Summer33's Profile Photo

Re: olympia area

by Summer33 Online Now May 25, 2004 at 6:37 PM

What state? I'm guessing there is more then 1 Olympia in the US, if your talking about Olympia, WA (which I doubt you are considering that you mentioned dolphins) I can help you out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

by SassyMcPeaches Online Now May 25, 2004 at 6:55 PM

Hello from Washington State! I will completely honest: Olympia doesn't have a lot to offer in the recreation/sightseeing department. They have several museums highlighting Washington's history and government. They also have a wildlife preserve, if you are interested in animals. If you have the time, driving an hour north to Seattle will be well worth it. You will have your pick of many activities! We don't have any dolphins up here, but you can take boat tours out of Seattle to see migrating killer whales in the Puget Sound. Here are a few websites to check out: www.experiencewashington.com www.argosycruises.com Email me if you have any more questions. I grew up here and I'm happy to help! Lisa

• Summer33's Profile Photo

by Summer33 Online Now May 25, 2004 at 7:01 PM

Hey if you are going to visit Olympia in washington go to the mcmenamins hotel and theatre mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc... this would be a great place to stay if you don't have a place already and it just has a great atmosphere but like sassy said already there isn't much going on here at all. There is tons going on in Seattle check out my seattle pages for ideas and if you have any specific type of activities your looking to do let me know I'd be more then happy to help out. There is a ton of summer concerts, farmers markets, sidewalk sales, etc. in seattle in the summer.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines