Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pepgiggsy's Profile Photo

New year and hiking in Olot/Catalunya?

by Pepgiggsy Online Now Dec 3, 2007 at 5:15 AM

Dear friends,
      Me and a friend are planning to spend a week hiking in Spain between Xmas and New Year. We've got flights to Barcelona and are looking to go somewhere smaller, relatively near Barcelona. We don't have a car, so are looking for a base from where it's easy to do short half-a day hikes in the surrounding countryside, preferably on well-marked routes. Do any members have any ideas/recommendations? One option we looked at was Olot. Any ideas about that?
      Also, how do people celebrate new year in smaller towns? Are restaurants open or is it more home parties? Do we need to stack food and cava and grapes in our hostel room? :-)

2 Answers Dec 20, 2007 at 10:04 AM
    • Helenislovely's Profile Photo

Renting an apartment

by Helenislovely Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 2:59 AM

Does anyone know how I can find an apartment to rent in Olot, Besalu or Santa Pau??
      I start work there for two months in less than two weeks and i have nowhere to go! Help!! All the internet sites I've found have places to rent in Girona or by the sea - nothing this far inland. As my job is a conservation one my monthly budget is fairly low - about 300 Euros.
      Does anyone have any tips??

4 Answers Aug 10, 2005 at 9:54 AM