Olomouc

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Olomouc Train Station to University

by AleemS Online Now Nov 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Can you please tell me what is the fastest way to get to the university from Olomouc main train station. I'll be coming into Olomouc from Prague.

1 Answer Nov 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • Bezrucovy sády

by spoliti Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Hi everybody. I need some very specific information, I hope somebody could answer me. I,ve been in Olomouc laste year, coming from very far (Argentina, South America). I walked for a while trough the Bezrucovy sády Park, down from Vila Primavesi,Walking left, I saw four statues, maybe representing Hercules, but I had no opportunity to learn any details about them. Does anybody know if they are old or new? Where they already there in times of Primavesi familiy -first decade of 20th century? Do they have any particular meaning, located in that place? Thank you very much.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • Living in Olomouc for 3 months?

by dowellndoubtnot Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning to live somewhere in central or eastern Europe later this year, and as of right now we are leaning towards Olomouc after considering several options and doing research....mostly because we want to be in an affordable and attractive mid-sized city, that is not overly homophobic as we are a gay couple.

Would you guys recommend Olomouc? Or another Czech city (besides prague due to the size/affordability factor), or any other mid-sized central/eastern European city for that matter?

Do enough people speak English that we'd be able to communicate?

Thank you SO much! All comments/recommendations would be very appreciated.

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Toll roads from Vienna-Wroclaw?

by schmechi Online Now May 30, 2012 at 7:28 AM

I'll travel from Vienna to Wroclaw by car. Are the highways in Czech Republic and Poland subject to charge?
      In case of affirmation: Will I be able to pay on location or will I need some kind of vignette or hardware? Do I need foreihn currency or will they take EURO too? Or is it possible to pay with credit card?
      Thanx in advance!

2 Answers May 31, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Two night stay in Olomouc

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Can someone recommend a good hotel/pension in Olomouc near the main square? hopefully100 or right around there. does public transport run from the train/bus station into the late night? thanks:)

2 Answers Oct 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Getting to Olomouc from Vienna

by volarevolare Online Now Feb 23, 2006 at 11:27 PM

Hi there,

I'm wondering how long does it take to travel from Vienna to Olomouc?

Is it advisable to take the train or to coach there?

Thank you! :)

Have a great day!

smiles,
      francesca

4 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 9:07 AM
    • Two nights in olomouc.

by deanoo Online Now Feb 5, 2006 at 2:54 PM

I am spending two nights in Olomouc shortly. I woundered if anybody had any suggestions for must see sites, and any friendly bars, nightclubs, etc.

Thanks Dean.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2006 at 10:18 AM
    • Prague to Olomouc and Ruzomberok

by vyriato Online Now May 26, 2005 at 12:57 AM

I am planning to go from Prague to Olomouc and from there to Ruzomberok (Slovakia).
      Does anybody know how long does it take to go by train from Prague to Olomouc? And by car?
      Is it possible to go from Olomouc to Ruzomberok by train or bus? How long does it take? And by car?
      If the trips do not take very long, I intended to do it in one day (trip from Prague + visit to Olomouc + trip to sleep in Ruzomberok). Is it a good idea or is it worth to have a longer visit to Olomouc and sleep there?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2005 at 4:25 AM
    • Alagator's Profile Photo

getting to olomouc

by Alagator Online Now Jun 26, 2004 at 5:04 AM

Travelling to Krakow, and want to stop off in Olomouc for the night. What are the rail connections to get there? I looked in "raileurope.com" and it requires the change stations which I don't know. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 27, 2004 at 5:22 AM
    • Palacky Univerity Hostel

by Botev Online Now Mar 9, 2004 at 1:51 AM

Can you tell me the address of the Palacky University dormitory / hostel in Olomouc and how to get there from the main train station?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2004 at 11:47 PM