change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• WILLS2's Profile Photo

Trip through OK and KS

Oklahoma Apr 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

We (retired) live in Wales UK and are planning a holiday in June. (We have travelled fairly extensively in the States and prefer the friendliness of small town America to the bigger 'touristy' cities on the east and west coast). So far nothing is cast in stone except our flight to Fort Worth where we plan to catch the Amtrak up to Oklahoma City to pick up our hire car. We would obviously like to drive along Route 66 towards Tulsa but so far it's all an open book. Having grown up in the era of cowboy films, Dodge City is a must! Can anyone suggest some atmospheric places to visit geared towards the cowboy culture, old cattle trails etc. or if there are any events coming up roughly between 11th - 20th June with live country music, etc.

more
    • WOMAN'S COLLEGE SOFTBALL WORLD SERIES

by tcosson63 Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I am traveling to OKC this summer for the Softball World Series. I am staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bricktown and wondered how far away is the ASA Hall of Fame Stadium. Is a taxi the only way to get there? How much does it cost? How far from the airport?

Would love to talk with someone who has been to the World Series!

Thanks,

Tiffany

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    • Sightseeing in OKC

by SuperLou Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Arriving by Greyhound bus at 427 W Sheridan Ave OKC 73102. Where do we stay? 1 day to do sightseeing. Is there a bus that takes you on a sightseeing tour? Any suggestions and help please. Cheers

6 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Visiting OU Medical Center

by Marcth40 Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I'm visiting the OU Medical Center in either September or October. I read that best hotels would be in downtown/Bricktown. I was looking at the Hampton Inn Bricktown and wanted to know if this was a good hotel and location. I was looking at the room rates and seems to be more expensive in October than September which I was surprised about. Anyway I wanted to know if there is any form of transportation from the hotel to the Medical Center. Also I should have 2 or 3 days to sightsee, is there plenty to do in this area. Quail Springs Mall would also be of interest if there it is not to far away and easy to get to. Lastly wondered what month would be best to come and what the weather is like. Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    • Which hotel would you recommend?

by erq Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown or SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Am assuming Residence Inn is actually in Bricktown but is Springhill suites walking distance to Bricktown?

Both have similar ratings on Tripadvisor so debating between the 2. The date we will be traveling Residence Inn is119 and Springhill Suites116...not much difference so i guess proximity to sights and cleanliness are the deciding factors!

Thanks much!

6 Answers Feb 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    • LaurenAnita's Profile Photo

Accessable View?

by LaurenAnita Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Hey!! Visiting the city, would love to know if there was any building offering a great view.

3 Answers Sep 29, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    • 40 and up

by gurlsunshine Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I am new in the area and I don't know a soul. I am a professional and I am a forty yo female. Where is a great, fun but not too expensive place to meet people?

2 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    • Parking for Amtrak

by oldcoot Online Now May 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM

I will be catching the Amtrak in June and need to leave my car in a safe place for about a week. The OKC convention bureau suggest at the Cox convention center, but the map looks confusing. How far is it to walk from parking at the convention center to the Amtrak station and would it be safe at night when I return? Thanks for the advice.

3 Answers May 7, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    • kzapanta's Profile Photo

Noodleing. Fishing, and other fun activities.

by kzapanta Online Now Apr 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I will be in Oklahoma city on May 16th-19th and parts south to north Texas.

I was wondering if someone here goes noodleing/bare fishing/tickling in any streams or rivers in that general area and would be willing to have a companion for an afternoon enjoying the hobby and a few beers?

I would LOVE to try this form of fishing and it would be better to meet fellow VT members cause of it and my learning curve and mysterious bite count would hopefully be lower.

Please let me know. Thanks Ken.

2 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    • Deep Deuce Club- Kallaz Band

by bBackrhino93 Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM

A couple years ago a really grat evening spot closed and I wonder if they relocated somewhere with a new name.

The club was the Deep Deuce Club or the Deep Deuce Jazz Cafe, not to be confused with the Deep Deuce Cafe. These are two distinct places. The Club i'm referring to was an African american owned and operated business that also catered to the African American Culture and music. It was a very nice and well run establishment with the exception of the patrons being too loud as they lfet the establishment at the end of the night.

Actually the club it'self was very nice. There was a dress code in order to enter on certain nights, REALLY GREAT FOOD, GREAT MUSIC, and friendly staff and clientel. The highlight of the establishment was the house band. I believe their name was the Kallaz band (of somethng to that effect). They are incredible musicians. It seems their marqui performances were on what they call Kareoke Night where partons could display thier tallents by singing or performing a song of thier choice...provided that the band knew the song. Trure to thir tallents the kallaz band usually did know the song (very well) and if they didn't know it they were most certainly familiar with it. and in the event someone pulled a song out of thier sleeve that no one knew they could certinly improvise it. To top it all off these guys were familiar with all kinds of musical generes.

Okay so my question... is anyone familar with this club and if so what happened to the place? If they didn't relocate then WHERE CAN I FIND THE KALLAZ BAND?

• phone number

by allenshifa Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Hello!
      I am Ethiopian-American and i am dying to eat Ethiopian food in OKC! but i need call and I did not see a phone number on your websites! please write your phone number and addresses how to get there!
      I will bring lots of my friend there to eat the beautiful "finger Food" at your resturant!

Chaw
      allen

1 Answer Jul 8, 2006 at 7:52 PM
    • Restaurants in the Bricktown Area

by Asmith8399 Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Hi Guys
      I am coming in for a convention and want to know some inexpensive restaurants in the bricktown area. Also a real good place for breakfast.

3 Answers May 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    • TinKan's Profile Photo

OK here I come

by TinKan Online Now Jul 16, 2004 at 5:51 AM

I am going to OK City and Perkins this weekend. Any place I should make a must see with only 3 days in the aera? TinKan

3 Answers Nov 6, 2005 at 3:40 PM
    • Where to stay?

by skeetre Online Now Feb 19, 2004 at 6:12 PM

Hello, I'm planning a trip to OKC and, at this point, think I want to stay in the downtown area. My desire is to be close enough to walk or ride the trolley to most of the sights downtown. It looks as though the Westin is the only motel/hotel that services that area. Are there some options to the Westin? Ideally, I'd have one with an Airport Shuttle and nice breakfast or restaurant on-site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Brian

1 Answer Feb 20, 2004 at 5:00 AM