Oklahoma City Travel Answers

change location

Which hotel would you recommend?

by erq Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown or SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Am assuming Residence Inn is actually in Bricktown but is Springhill suites walking distance to Bricktown?

Both have similar ratings on Tripadvisor so debating between the 2. The date we will be traveling Residence Inn is119 and Springhill Suites116...not much difference so i guess proximity to sights and cleanliness are the deciding factors!

Thanks much!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

The Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown is in Bricktown, on the south side of the ballpark.

The SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport is not even close to Bricktown, being more than 5 miles away. It also isn't all that close to the airport...well, a mile or so away...that's close if you have a car...

I haven't been to either one (I've stayed at the Sheraton just north of the convention center and a short walk to Bricktown as well as at a Marriott I think on the north end of town), but the Bricktown address is certainly better...unless you have a car and don't care...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

by rexvaughan Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Bill is right. The airport is 7 or 8 miles from Bricktown and the Residence is in Bricktown. Sights in downtown OKC will be within pretty easy walking distance but others may be more than a short walk. There is also a transit system with trolleys pretty much connecting the major sites around the city. Check it out at: http://www.gometro.org/

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM

The Residence Inn offers a better breakfast plus a nightly reception on weekdays except Friday. The Spring Hill Suites is a little more modern but the rooms are smaller. Go with the Residence Inn would be my choice.

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Rex has correctly pointed out that other locations in downtown are in walking distance from Bricktown. The #1 place I would recommend is the Oklahoma Museum of Art and its Chihuly exhibit (http://www.okcmoa.com/). It's somewhat of a walk from Bricktown, but not overwhelming (my wife and I did it in the summer, so anyone can do it when temps are cooler). You may not be the arty-type, but the Chihuly glass is great fun for anybody...

Bill

• Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

by erq Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Thanks so much everyone! Based on your replies, I'm going with the Residence Inn.

Your input is extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

• Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

by erq Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Thanks so much everyone! Based on your replies, I'm going with the Residence Inn.

Your input is extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines