Oklahoma City Travel Answers

change location

Deep Deuce Club- Kallaz Band

by bBackrhino93 Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM

A couple years ago a really grat evening spot closed and I wonder if they relocated somewhere with a new name.

The club was the Deep Deuce Club or the Deep Deuce Jazz Cafe, not to be confused with the Deep Deuce Cafe. These are two distinct places. The Club i'm referring to was an African american owned and operated business that also catered to the African American Culture and music. It was a very nice and well run establishment with the exception of the patrons being too loud as they lfet the establishment at the end of the night.

Actually the club it'self was very nice. There was a dress code in order to enter on certain nights, REALLY GREAT FOOD, GREAT MUSIC, and friendly staff and clientel. The highlight of the establishment was the house band. I believe their name was the Kallaz band (of somethng to that effect). They are incredible musicians. It seems their marqui performances were on what they call Kareoke Night where partons could display thier tallents by singing or performing a song of thier choice...provided that the band knew the song. Trure to thir tallents the kallaz band usually did know the song (very well) and if they didn't know it they were most certainly familiar with it. and in the event someone pulled a song out of thier sleeve that no one knew they could certinly improvise it. To top it all off these guys were familiar with all kinds of musical generes.

Okay so my question... is anyone familar with this club and if so what happened to the place? If they didn't relocate then WHERE CAN I FIND THE KALLAZ BAND?

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oklahoma City