Oklahoma City Travel Answers

change location
TinKan's Profile Photo

OK here I come

by TinKan Online Now Jul 16, 2004 at 5:51 AM

I am going to OK City and Perkins this weekend. Any place I should make a must see with only 3 days in the aera? TinKan

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Re: OK here I come

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 8:56 AM

The Oklahoma City Memorial where the bombing took place is well worth a visit. Both the Memorial and the Museum are excellent. For an exhaustive list check our MrClay's pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jdsgirl's Profile Photo

RE: OK here I come

by jdsgirl Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 10:36 AM

So much depends on personal preference. Speaking as a resident, I personally don't recommend the Bombing memorial unless your thing is visiting virtual graveyards. Bricktown is the place to be these days, even though parking is horrendous. I know this was posted, like, three years ago, but if you can swing it, go up the turnpike and visit Tulsa. Tulsa is more "cosmopolitan", and just outside T-town there's a fabulous aquarium in the suburb called Jenks. As for OKC, I live in the area and can't find stuff to do on the weekends! I guess I'd recommend to any visitor, go to a restaurant and pick up an Oklahoma Gazette paper and thumb through the entertainment section.

• TinKan's Profile Photo

RE: RE: OK here I come

by TinKan Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 3:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been back there a few times since the first time and I still have not found much to do....
    It is a good thing I am going to see friends... I also found that I can do some Geocaching in OK...

Thanks again.

TinKan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oklahoma City