Oklahoma City Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by skeetre Online Now Feb 19, 2004 at 6:12 PM

Hello, I'm planning a trip to OKC and, at this point, think I want to stay in the downtown area. My desire is to be close enough to walk or ride the trolley to most of the sights downtown. It looks as though the Westin is the only motel/hotel that services that area. Are there some options to the Westin? Ideally, I'd have one with an Airport Shuttle and nice breakfast or restaurant on-site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Brian

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Robachu1's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by Robachu1 Online Now Feb 20, 2004 at 5:00 AM

From the Airport to the WESTIN: The hotel is 10 miles (approximately 15 minutes) from Will Rogers World Airport. Airport Express is available outside the center doors of the baggage claim area. No reservations are necessary; vans leave the airport every 8 minutes. To the Westin Oklahoma City, the cost is10 for the first passenger,2 for additional passengers of the same party. Vans accommodate up to seven passengers. Other Downtown Accomodations: marriott.com/property/proper... Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel (no information on Airport Shuttle Service) The newest hotel in OKC. An atrium style hotel with 311 guest rooms. The hotel is located at the corner of Sheridan and Broadway Avenue in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City. A glass-enclosed skywalk connects directly to the Cox Convention Center. The hotel is within walking distance from the Ford arena, the Ballpark, and many local attractions, including Bricktown, the fastest growing entertainment district in the southwest. http://www.bbonline.com/ok/grandison/ The Grandison at Maney Park (no Airport Shuttle service) Located at Maney Park, The Grandison now occupies a 1904 Victorian mansion with carved mahogany woodwork, a curved staircase, stained and leaded glass windows, and a spacious round front porch extending from a two-story corner bay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Oklahoma City