change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• WILLS2's Profile Photo

Trip through OK and KS

Oklahoma Apr 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

We (retired) live in Wales UK and are planning a holiday in June. (We have travelled fairly extensively in the States and prefer the friendliness of small town America to the bigger 'touristy' cities on the east and west coast). So far nothing is cast in stone except our flight to Fort Worth where we plan to catch the Amtrak up to Oklahoma City to pick up our hire car. We would obviously like to drive along Route 66 towards Tulsa but so far it's all an open book. Having grown up in the era of cowboy films, Dodge City is a must! Can anyone suggest some atmospheric places to visit geared towards the cowboy culture, old cattle trails etc. or if there are any events coming up roughly between 11th - 20th June with live country music, etc.

more
    • WILLS2's Profile Photo

Trip through OK and KS

Oklahoma Apr 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

We (retired) live in Wales UK and are planning a holiday in June. (We have travelled fairly extensively in the States and prefer the friendliness of small town America to the bigger 'touristy' cities on the east and west coast). So far nothing is cast in stone except our flight to Fort Worth where we plan to catch the Amtrak up to Oklahoma City to pick up our hire car. We would obviously like to drive along Route 66 towards Tulsa but so far it's all an open book. Having grown up in the era of cowboy films, Dodge City is a must! Can anyone suggest some atmospheric places to visit geared towards the cowboy culture, old cattle trails etc. or if there are any events coming up roughly between 11th - 20th June with live country music, etc.

5 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 2:28 AM
    • WOMAN'S COLLEGE SOFTBALL WORLD SERIES

Oklahoma City Mar 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I am traveling to OKC this summer for the Softball World Series. I am staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bricktown and wondered how far away is the ASA Hall of Fame Stadium. Is a taxi the only way to get there? How much does it cost? How far from the airport?

Would love to talk with someone who has been to the World Series!

Thanks,

Tiffany

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    • Hotels in Muskogee, Oklahoma with under 21 check-in?

Muskogee Jan 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Hello, I will be traveling to Muskogee, Oklahoma next month and I need a hotel to book; however, I am only 20 yrs old. I do have my own card to pay for the reservation. Are there any hotels in Muskogee that will allow someone under the age of 21 to check themselves in?

• Trail of Tears Drama

Tahlequah Oct 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Where and when is the drama held and what is the cost?

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    • SarahC64's Profile Photo

Tallgrass Prairie Preserve

Tulsa Oct 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Is this still open? I noticed the review was from 2004 but I recently moved to the area and this looks like something my family would really enjoy. I don't want to drive all the way out there for nothing though...

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • AshleyT11's Profile Photo

help

Bartlesville May 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM

what is there to do

4 Answers May 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Sightseeing in OKC

Oklahoma City Mar 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Arriving by Greyhound bus at 427 W Sheridan Ave OKC 73102. Where do we stay? 1 day to do sightseeing. Is there a bus that takes you on a sightseeing tour? Any suggestions and help please. Cheers

6 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • JoeyC18's Profile Photo

Help Tulsa clubbers

Tulsa Mar 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

What's up with the boom boom room in Tulsa, ok??

• No Title

Kellyville Mar 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Koalagirl is flying to Oklahoma City but wants to travel further to Kellyville. This is her first time to see the place and needs help how to get there from the airport. Please give me an accurate information. Sincere thanks.

7 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    • okmd58

England Jul 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Looking for information on World WarII travel destinations in England. Planing 10-14 day trip in spring 2013 and will be based in London. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

8 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    • Visiting OU Medical Center

Oklahoma City Jul 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I'm visiting the OU Medical Center in either September or October. I read that best hotels would be in downtown/Bricktown. I was looking at the Hampton Inn Bricktown and wanted to know if this was a good hotel and location. I was looking at the room rates and seems to be more expensive in October than September which I was surprised about. Anyway I wanted to know if there is any form of transportation from the hotel to the Medical Center. Also I should have 2 or 3 days to sightsee, is there plenty to do in this area. Quail Springs Mall would also be of interest if there it is not to far away and easy to get to. Lastly wondered what month would be best to come and what the weather is like. Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    • Which hotel would you recommend?

Oklahoma City Feb 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown or SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport? Am assuming Residence Inn is actually in Bricktown but is Springhill suites walking distance to Bricktown?

Both have similar ratings on Tripadvisor so debating between the 2. The date we will be traveling Residence Inn is119 and Springhill Suites116...not much difference so i guess proximity to sights and cleanliness are the deciding factors!

Thanks much!

6 Answers Feb 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    • Stone Fountain Statue

Oklahoma Sep 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM

In Oklahoma there is a place with a stone statue in the middle of a fountain that I am interest in visiting. The statue is of what appears to be a nude woman and what appears to be another nude femail. The older of the women is holding a fish above her head and the water comes out of the fishes mouth.

2 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM
    • Peanut shoppe

Oklahoma Jul 18, 2011 at 1:02 PM

What is the telephone number for the peanut shoppe on 75? Will thay mail stuff?

3 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    • LaurenAnita's Profile Photo

Accessable View?

Oklahoma City Mar 25, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Hey!! Visiting the city, would love to know if there was any building offering a great view.

3 Answers Sep 29, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    • 40 and up

Oklahoma City Sep 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I am new in the area and I don't know a soul. I am a professional and I am a forty yo female. Where is a great, fun but not too expensive place to meet people?

2 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    • Good place to propose?

Lawton May 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Hey all,
      I'll be in Lawton for a few days after by Basic Training and I'm planning on proposing to my wonderful girlfriend. The only problem is that I don't know anyting about the place. So where would be some beautful places to propose? ANY help would be GREAT! Thanks!

3 Answers May 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    • PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Questions about Route 69

Oklahoma Aug 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Hi! I'm traveling to Texas later this summer, and am looking for a new route to try (just for something different.) I'm thinking of cutting through Oklahoma via route 69 (from I-40 down to the border.) Looks like it's about 130 miles - but anyone know the general speed limits? Looks like you pass through a few towns, so I'm sure it slows a little here and there. How fast can you do it in without a stop? 3 hours? Normally, I cross over to I-35 and head south, am I adding a ton of headache and nothing to look at with this change? Little kids on the trip, so I do have to be aware of time.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    • Artcidic's Profile Photo

Canoe Rentals

Beavers Bend State Park Apr 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of canoe rentals that are close to Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma, TX. Seems like most near the are booked for boy scouts! We are wanting to rent for the Mountain Fork River if possible! Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated! This is finally our vacation and looking for a canoe day trip.

Thanks ahead of time!
      Sharon

4 Answers Apr 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    • Executive Cars for hire

Tulsa Dec 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a local limo company that also has an SUV or luxury sedan for hire? Dependable, successful business.
      Thanks.

• Carmelmom's Profile Photo

how to get there from vegas

Red Rock Canyon State Park Nov 4, 2008 at 4:49 PM

We will be in Vegas in Feb. We would like to hike for a few hours in the red rock canyon park. I am wondering what the options are to get there besides renting a car or taking an expensive bus tour. Are there any shuttles that just go from the strip to the park. we don't need a guided tour, lunch, or free water bottles. We can do that on our own. Thank you for any hints!

4 Answers Nov 5, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    • scargo's Profile Photo

If Downtown is dead on the weekends, what about restaurants?

Tulsa Oct 2, 2008 at 7:28 AM

If downtown is deserted on the weekend, as one member has suggested, then where do you eat?
      I live near New Haven, CT and it is similar there and many places do not stay open for lunch on Saturday or Sunday, at all. What about Tulsa?
      We will be staying at the Ambassador, but there were some places downtown of interest to us for dining.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM
    • corsaire1773's Profile Photo

Nightlife near Radisson

Tulsa Sep 21, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Hi folks ,

I am currently at the Radisson Tulsa ( not the one next the airport) for 8 nights.
      Is there anything to do close the hotel during evening , for nithglife ,like Pub , bar with life music or do I need a cab to move in downton

Thanks

4 Answers Sep 26, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    • pedestrian safety

Norman Jun 5, 2008 at 8:10 PM

How safe is it to walk down Main street in the evening? I would like to walk in the area by the train station. Any tips?
      Thanks.

• Parking for Amtrak

Oklahoma City May 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM

I will be catching the Amtrak in June and need to leave my car in a safe place for about a week. The OKC convention bureau suggest at the Cox convention center, but the map looks confusing. How far is it to walk from parking at the convention center to the Amtrak station and would it be safe at night when I return? Thanks for the advice.

3 Answers May 7, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    • kzapanta's Profile Photo

Noodleing. Fishing, and other fun activities.

Oklahoma City Apr 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I will be in Oklahoma city on May 16th-19th and parts south to north Texas.

I was wondering if someone here goes noodleing/bare fishing/tickling in any streams or rivers in that general area and would be willing to have a companion for an afternoon enjoying the hobby and a few beers?

I would LOVE to try this form of fishing and it would be better to meet fellow VT members cause of it and my learning curve and mysterious bite count would hopefully be lower.

Please let me know. Thanks Ken.

2 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    • Is there a Governor's Ball this year?

Kingfisher Mar 29, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Last year we had a great time! How can I get information about this year?

belindabeall

• Boutiques in Bricktown

Oklahoma Dec 12, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Hello, I am a big Lucky Magazine fan. It has opened me up to a whole new world of boutiqing. I am 30 years old and of a somewhat modern type of person. Are there any hip boutiques in Bricktown, Oklahoma City? Thanks!

• Living in Muskogee

Oklahoma Oct 22, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Hello All: It is possible I will be moving to the Muskogee area shortly to work at the VA hospital. Is Muskogee a good, fair, bad place to live? Crime? People? A good place to live close by? Thanks for any input. I appreciate it.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2007 at 2:43 PM
    • kzapanta's Profile Photo

knock knock

Oklahoma Oct 19, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Hello. Wondering if there is an active VT community in Oklahoma?
      Cheers.

5 Answers Oct 10, 2008 at 12:50 AM