Oklahoma Travel Answers

change location

Living in Muskogee

by jocodi Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Hello All: It is possible I will be moving to the Muskogee area shortly to work at the VA hospital. Is Muskogee a good, fair, bad place to live? Crime? People? A good place to live close by? Thanks for any input. I appreciate it.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

Re: Living in Muskogee

by lostsooner55 Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Muskogee is a pretty nice town. It has a very large Native American population. The people are usually quite friendly. Muskogee is large enough that you can conduct virtually all your personal business there. You are about 45 miles southeast of Tulsa, which has minor league sports teams, and two sports-playing universities. There are also two world-claas museums there, Gilcrease for Western Art, and Philbrook, for its collection of artwork. There are 4 or 5 large lakes within 100 miles. One ,Lake Tenkiller, is very closeby. Its river, the Illinois, is a National Scenic Waterway, and a favorite of canoers. The eastern 1/4 of Oklahoma is hilly, and wooded, actually quite pretty. You have a 4 lane expressway that connects you to Tulsa, and also to I-40, about 20 miles to the south. The cost of living should be quite a bit lower than Big Spring as well. Gary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Oklahoma Travel Answer Locations