Okinawa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• work in okinawa

by maddydavey Online Now Yesterday

Hi, my partner and I just arrived in naha, and we were wondering if anyone has any suggestions or tips on getting jobs here, we dont speak much japanese, both have valid working visas and are willing to work for rent.
      thanks

2 Answers 5 hours ago
    • are there online sites to getdiscount or coupons to use for sresturants and or attractions

by kjparsley Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Are here sites to get coupon or discounts for resturanrs or the attractions for

okinawa

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    • zamami and aka islands 4 nights in july

by DRtraveler2014 Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM

would love to get some advice on accomodations. I am travelling with 2 daughters and myself and want clean, quiet room with ensuite. thanks

4 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    • 1990's Surfing Okinawa

by surf_lover Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Does anyone remember a surfer that drove a brown van, and I believe his name was "Bill"? I think he was in the service? He helped me out once and I never got the chance to thank him, I met him with a guy named Johnny who I believe his father was in the service, i think if I remember right Johnny was a dependent and Bill was in the service mate a Marine? . I wish I could remember more I know he rode a white surf board, But anyone who this rings a bell with any info would be appreciated!! I really need to thank him, and I think it would be a surprise after 20+ years... any help please answer. Thank You All!!!

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • looking for 1990's surfer?

by surf_lover Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Anyone know a guy that drove a brown van believe his name was Bill? he surfed on oki? white board?

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • jlc2882's Profile Photo

Best Bars near Camp Foster Okinawa commissary gate?

by jlc2882 Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Can anyone recommend any bars still worth the trip to since the curfew (I'm civilian, so not affected directly)?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • Best Beaches in Okinawa

by Urbanomad Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Hi, I'm planning on spending 5 days in Okinawa in April and want to spend these days on the best beaches that exist on Okinawa's main island. By what I'v read I'm planning on visiting Okuma Beach, Minnajima Island, Manza Beach, Moon Beach and a day trip to Tokashiki Island.

Are these the best beaches in Okinawa main Island? Have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • Itinerary Advice for Okinawa?

by Urbanomad Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Hi, We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children travelling to Japan in April. We are planning on visiting Okinawa for 5 full days and our itinerary will be:

Day 1: We arrive at Naha Airport in the afternoon, rent cars and drive to North Okinawa and stay for the next couple of nights in a Hotel close to the Okinawa Aquarium

Day 2: Visit the Okinawa Aquarium in the morning and spend the afternoon at Emerald Beach or Minnajima Island

Day 3: Visit Ogimi Village, Okuma Beach and Hedo-misaki (if we have time)

Day 4: Head south to Naha and along the way stop at Manza Beach and Moon Beach / Spend the Night in Naha

Day 5: Do a day trip to Tokashiki Island / Spend the night in Naha

Day 6: Spend the morning visiting the Peace Memorial Park and Tunnels and the rest of the afternoon in Naha.... at the end of the day we have a plane to Kansai Airport.

Can anyone please give us an opinion on this itinerary? Any advice? I'm particularly worried about the weather and ocean temperature in this time of the year in Okinawa. We wan't to spend these spending time on the beach and water activities.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Tokashiku Marine Village Contact

by Urbanomad Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hi, could anyone help me out please? I'm going to Tokashiku Island in April and was thinking of staying at Tokashiku Marine Village. I can't seam to be able to find a contact of the Hotel to check availability and make the necessary reservations. Does anyone have a telephone contact or email of the Hotel that you could give me?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • PaulW83's Profile Photo

transportation to/from Kadena AFB

by PaulW83 Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We will be staying at Seaside Hotel in chatan-Cho and want to visit Kadena AFB. Is there reasonable trans available?
      thanks

1 Answer Dec 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • Does anyone have the contact of Hotel Sun Flower in Tokashiki Island?

by Urbanomad Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Does anyone have the contact of Hotel Sun Flower in Tokashiki Island?

Thanks!

Michael

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    • How is the Weather in April?

by Urbanomad Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi, I'll be travelling to Okinawa between the 24th of April 2014 and 1st of May 2014. I'm a bit worried that it won't be warm for spending time sunbathing on beach and snorkeling. Can someone please give me an idea of how the weather is at this time of year? I've read a lot of different opinions.

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • Dugong watching in Okinawa?

by geminimoai Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Are there any places in Okinawa to watch dugongs in their natural habitat?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • Disc Golf

by baller04 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Does anyone know the location of the Nakijin Hibiscus Course disc golf course. i cant find directions anywhere.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    • disc golf

by baller04 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Are there any disc golf courses on okinawa? if so where?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • Disc golf

by baller04 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Is there disc (frisbe) golf courses anywhere on okinawa? If so where?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • dokomoshiyotsupu

by shariwood Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

what is this place and what does it mean? is it a restaurant? bar?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • MaureenR's Profile Photo

ATM's

by MaureenR Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Can I use my visa debit card to withdraw cash from ATM,s in Okinawa?

6 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    • Planning a 5-6d vacation to Okinawa. Suggestions & tips?

by micmik Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Itinerary, suggested locations for hotels, etc will be greatly appreciated. We are both avid divers as well, so tips as to how/where we should go, also welcome. We plan to go during last wk of March

4 Answers Feb 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Trip for the Official Spousal Unit to Okinawa (and Japan)

by mccalpin Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM

The OSU (Official Spousal Unit) spent a number of formative years in Okinawa at the US SAC base there during the 60s (Air Force brat). It turns out that I have a number of system-wide upgrades on American Airlines that expire in early 2013. The OSU has never been back to Japan or Okinawa, so it occurs to me that if I come into a lot of money, a trip to the Orient before the upgrades expire would be prudent.

So, if you were going to Okinawa for a couple of days for old times' sake, what would you do? She had told me about the base (like the night that the fully loaded B-52 crashed on takeoff, making a very large crater), the unapproved little eateries that her mother would take the two kids to, the beaches where they hunted for rock lobster and occasionally found old ordinance, the places where she would ride horses...would do former Air Force brats do when they return after 40+ years?

I don't mind driving - I learned to drive in Rome at the age of 23 after all - so if a car is needed to see all the stuff that a former resident would want to see, that's OK with me.

I also assume that there is far more to see in Japan than in Okinawa (duh) but that is a separate discussion (I am not sure she went there more than once on R&R - she has some stories about how her diminutive blond gaijin mother would tell jokes in bad Japanese and thoroughly confuse the locals who wondered just who the heck this woman was...)

Anyway, thoughts on Okinawa itself would be appreciated...

Bill

11 Answers Jan 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    • musiccontempo's Profile Photo

december holiday

by musiccontempo Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

hi all, i thinking to visit okinawa decemeber with my wife, probably a week stay, can anyone advise on weather condition, and is it crowded? beside hotel, any unique inn or apartment comfortable to stay? is it easy renting a car and tour around or public transport the best?, cos last time in tokyo taxi is very expensive . aside from google okinawa, i hve no clue about this place, good to advise any unusual spot goood to visit?

5 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    • local tour for snorkel

by cky888 Online Now May 21, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hi! I am going to Okinawa the coming Thursday.
      May I know if there is any local tours picking ppl up from Naha to Onna for snorkel? We would like to go snorkel at the Aoi cave. Would there be any half day tour?

thank you!

• A week in Okinawa

by sanscott Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

WE have air tickets for Okinawa at the end of March. Where should be stay? How is the best way to get around. We would like any suggestions to make our stay enjoyable. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    • "yakiniku"

by thisguy23 Online Now Dec 9, 2010 at 8:39 AM

the post said its 3 blocks outside kadena gate 2 across the street from pyramid...at the big intersection out gate 2 do you take a left or a right to get there?

3 Answers Dec 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    • coolbreeze63's Profile Photo

Just wondering?

by coolbreeze63 Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Anyone out there know if the East Coast bar is still around? I was stationed in Oki. for 8 years with the Marines in the 80`s and early 90`s worked at the bar for years. I really miss Ginny and Muneo as they were great friends and great people. It has been a long time, don`t know if they would remember me after all these years.

3 Answers Jan 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    • Should I visit Okinawa Late June Early July?

by leeauntan Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Hi there, I am planning my trip to Japan for next summer and would like to go to okinawa at the end of June which is the end of the rainy season there. However I heard that typhoon season starts in June? How high normally are the chances of being hit with a typhoon late June to early July? And when does it start getting really busy with visitors?

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    • skyhawwk's Profile Photo

Aimless Traveler!

by skyhawwk Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I will be flying from the USA to Tokyo. I would like to take a Ferry in to Okonawa. Is this possible?? Thanks!!

2 Answers Aug 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    • from tokyo or taipei

by indigo0720 Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 7:37 AM

How what is the least expensive way to get to Okinawa? Should we fly to Tokyo or Taiwan. i read this someplace. Also are there inexpensive domestic airlines
      from either of these cities? otherwise too expensive. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • i4ni96377's Profile Photo

Need ride from Naha Airport to Camp Hansen

by i4ni96377 Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Hi, my cuz and I are landing at Naha Airport at 1830 on the 13th Apr. Need a ride to Camp Hansen where we will be staying. The taxi is rather costly so is looking for alternative mode of transportation that will not cost so much. Thanks and pls help.

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    • Weekend Get-away

by Phil.Holman Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Trying to find a somewhat cheap place to get away for the weekend on okinawa. Does anybody know any good places on the island like that?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2010 at 4:11 AM