Okinawa Travel Answers

change location

Housing

by usmcgclef Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 10:22 AM

I am searching for a small apartment near Camp Foster in Okinawa. I am currently military but will be going over a civilian. If you could please help me out with webpages or contact info, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Semper Fi,
Elizabeth Renaud

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

RE: Housing

by olddude Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Liz,

Go over to the Kadena AB house office and get a list and a map to all the housing agents. That will be a good start if you haven't already done that. Most of the agents on the island do not have websites. I use Sunny's Housing in Chatan and they gave me great service, but there are 20 or 30 other agents you can try. I will also talk to some of my Okinawan friends for you and see if they know of any openings. I suggest using the agents that have access to base because if you have a problem with a landlord that is not base approved and speaks English, you could have some serious problems getting it resolved. Are you still going to be SOFA status?

Al

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Belle_tj's Profile Photo

RE: Housing

by Belle_tj Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 8:10 AM

Hi, this is not an answer to your query (sorry) but a question, are you with the US military based in Japan? coz my guy will be assigned there late this year and im going to follow and would just like to ask you a few questions if it's ok :) email me at ryle020@kaxy.com if it's ok, if not.. i totally understand. im just new to this whole thing... thanks.

take care,
    Belle.

• RE: RE: Housing

by makemelaugh Online Now Oct 31, 2005 at 11:28 AM

I am also looking for a place. I am relocting from Tokyo to Okinawa. (Hopefully.) But I am looking for a small place with a telephone landline and internet DSL/Cable. Is it fairly simple to find? Thanks!

• RE: RE: Housing

by usmcgclef Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 9:07 PM

Hey, thanks for getting back to me! I haven't checked here forever; a lot has gone on in the past few months! I won't be going over SOFA. He has to do the whole DEERS and I'm not sure what else. He just started the paperwork today because he just got back from leave. We'll see what happens. I'd love it if you could guide me along in this! Thanks a million!

~Elizabeth

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines