Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Private Mt. Fuji 1 day Tour

Japan Yesterday

Hi all

I am looking for a company which operates private Mt. Fuji tour this coming December.

My choices are limited because we require a different pickup and dropoff point. Furthermore, my pickup point is not in the main Tokyo area. In fact we are pretty near to Mt Fuji

The Mt. Fuji tour date that we are looking at is 14 Dec 2014

Pickup:
      Kozantei Ubuya
      富士河口湖温泉郷 湖山亭うぶや
      〒401-0303 山梨県南都留郡富士河口湖町浅川10

At the end of the trip, we would like to return to:

http://www.southerntower.co.jp/

Hotel Century South Tower
      2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8583, Japan
      Tel: +81 3 5354 0111 Fax: +81 3 5354 0100

Please advise.

Thank you for all your help!

more
    • Gioji temple bicycle parking in Arashiyama?

Japan Jul 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hello,
      I plan on renting a bike during my stay in Arashiyama.

I'm planning on hitting:
      1. bamboo groves
      2.Jojakkoji Temple
      3. Gioji Temple
      4. Bike back to Saga Arashiyama

I know that Jojakkoji temple has bicycle parking according kanko.city.kyoto.lg.jp/bicyc... , but I didn't see a parking lot indicated for Gioji. And Gioji is so far away, does anyone know if there's a place to legally park my bike near that temple?

Also, with the bike, about how many hours would I need for this itinerary?
      We're planning at 3-4 hours, is this more than enough?

more
    • mamores's Profile Photo

Soccer World Cup 2014

Japan Jun 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Any Colombians in Tokyo that want to meet to watch the Colombia-Brasil match this Friday?

more
    • Antique Shops

Shizuoka-ken Jun 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Can you recommend an antique shop in the area?

more
    • Rail Pass?

Japan Jul 20, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hi! For our itinerary we are using the train as follows:
      Tokyo - Kyoto - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Osaka - Kyoto - Odawara - Tokyo, as well as local city trains.
      We are a family of five, staying 18 days in Japan.
      My question is, will we benefit from having a JR Rail Pass and if so which one?
      Thank you so much for taking the time to read :-)

more
    • tourist guide

Tokyo Jul 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Will be in Tokyo for 2 days in October.Looking for a recommended tourist guide. there will be 4 people in our group.
      Grateful for help. billybull

more
    • Kyoto accomodation

Kyoto Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Reccomend accomodation near kyoto JR station

more
    • Japanese Antiques

Shizuoka Jun 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Hello!

I'm looking for a Japanese antique store in Shizuoka. Any ideas?

Thank you!

more

Must see in Tokyo

Tokyo-to Jun 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are heading to Thailand next week and we have a layover in Tokyo of 2 days and a half. What suggestions do you have as far as MUST SEES? We will be staying at Sunroute Shinbanshi Hotel. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Getting to Sagara

Sagara Jul 18, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I'm flying into Narita airport in August to work in Sagara. What's the easiest and most straightforward way of getting there from the airport? I'm so confused!

more
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Cheap Shinkansen Ticket

Tokyo-to Jul 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Hi I would like to travel from Tokyo to Nagoya using shinkansen. I read the normal price if i was to buy on the spot is about 10,300 yen.

I read that i can get a cheaper one by
      1) Buying from travel agent such as JTB a day before. How much discount can i get for a tourist? and is there any JTB or travel agent shop inside Tokyo station?

2) Buying from vending machine at Ticket shops. I just know the type of tickets available are limited. Is there any further info on this?

I hope you can advice me.

Thanks.

more
    • Current Train service to Sendai 9 July

Kagoshima Jul 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

What is the status of service? My niece had to get off at Ijuin before lunch. Any kind soul out there know why the line is closed or when it will reopen?

more
    • shore tours/excursions from cruise ship

Japan Jul 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

English speaking tours/guides/shore excursions from cruise ship practically every port in japan in Sept/Oct 2014. The ship's excursions are quite expensive. We have been to Japan previously, but not some of the towns. Not interested in a lot of temples. We would appreciate any advice.

more
    • location of indian vegitarian food resturents

Tokyo Jul 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM

we need information regarding availability indian vegiterian in tokyo at shinjuku location

more
    • Bus from Fukuoka

Hiroshima Jul 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Is there a bus service running between Fukuoka and Hiroshima?

more
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Universal Studio Japan Express Pass Booklet 7 and Admission Ticket

Osaka Jul 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Hi all, I will be travelling to Japan this December and will most probably be staying in Swissotel Osaka.

I would like to know if there is any way that I can get the Express Pass Booklet 7 and Admission Ticket before I head off for the trip either online or around my hotel or even in my home country of Singapore.

This is because I have children in my group and wish to prepare everything in advance. Am also worried about the express booklets being sold out on that day itself.

Please advise.

Thank you!

more
    • 3 weeks in october

Japan Jun 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

hi, i am traveling in japan in october and not sure the best/cheapest/fastest way to travel to cities i would like ot visit. Below is my itinerary: PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

5oct arrive in NRT at 9pm
      6oct from tokyo to kanazawa
      8oct kanazawa to shirakawago
      9oct shirakawago to takayama
      11oct takayama to either kamikochi or matsumoto for stopver to see castle for few hours and move on.. i can sleep in either city or in tokyo depending on what route is best
      12-16oct tokyo
      17oct day trip to nikko and then evening train to kyoto
      18-22kyoto
      23kyoto to osaka
      25 osaka to KIX to fly home in morning

please help me understand what is best mode of transport. i can buy a one week pass for my week in tokyo (start jr pass on 10th and end on 17th when i take train from nikko to kyoto),. or i can do a 2 week pass from 5th to 18th. i understand jr pass might not be fastest in takayama/matsumoto region. and i was considering taking Nohi bus in that area if its better.

any/all advise and help is appreciated greatly!!!!!
      alan

more
    • 3 days in tokyo..

Japan Jul 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I have a 3 day layover in Japan and would like some advice on what to do/ where to stay. I enjoy temples and would like to see some. I also would like to buy some anime(if any has english subtitles).The other thing I would like to do is eat horse shashimi. I love seeing temples and religious places as well. I also would love. to see mt. Fuji, but i dont think i am in japan long enough. I do not know anything about japan nor do i speak japanese, but i dont want to miss the chance to explore the cith some. i also would like to know how the trains and where i can buy a pass. Any advice/recommendations on must see places would be great! Thanks.

more
    • Bus to Hiroshima

Fukuoka Jul 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Is there a bus service that runs between Fukuoka and Hiroshima?

more

Night life

Tokyo-to Jun 27, 2014 at 6:50 AM

What would be a cool and safe area to have a nice not too expensive dinner and some drinks at a bar? Your recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more

Cash and ATMs

Tokyo Jun 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I would like to know whether it is easy to get cash from ATMs in Tokyo or not. We will be traveling from the US next week so we are not quite sure about bringing a lot of cash or being able to get money at ATM/s

more
    • interesting places to visit

Osaka Jun 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Interesting laces to visit in and around Osaka

more
    • Aussie sports bars - tokyo and Osaka

Japan Jun 23, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of any sports bars in both tokyo and Osaka that show NRL rugby league? Heard of Bar Quest in roppongi but any in the shinjuku area as we are staying at Hilton in that area. Any in Osaka too??

more
    • pumm07's Profile Photo

the weather

Fukuoka Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, I will go to Fukuoka this August. Can anyone tell me about the weather?

more

MUST SEES in two days and a half

Tokyo Jun 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are heading to Thailand next week and we have a layover in Tokyo of 2 days and a half. What suggestions do you have as far as MUST SEES? We will be staying at Sunroute Shinbanshi Hotel. Thanks for your help.

more

Popular Okinawa Travel Answer Locations

• best place to buy a kid's gift certificate for toys

Okinawa Apr 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Our grandchildren are in Okinawa with their parents at one of the American bases there. We would like to send them a gift card for buying toys, but we want to be sure the gift certificate will actually be honored there. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • work in okinawa

Okinawa Apr 24, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Hi, my partner and I just arrived in naha, and we were wondering if anyone has any suggestions or tips on getting jobs here, we dont speak much japanese, both have valid working visas and are willing to work for rent.
      thanks

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM
    • are there online sites to getdiscount or coupons to use for sresturants and or attractions

Okinawa Apr 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Are here sites to get coupon or discounts for resturanrs or the attractions for

okinawa

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • Mochi and Kit Kat Candy

Okinawa Mar 27, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Where can I buy mochi and kit kat candy in the Okinawa area

2 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • zamami and aka islands 4 nights in july

Okinawa Mar 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM

would love to get some advice on accomodations. I am travelling with 2 daughters and myself and want clean, quiet room with ensuite. thanks

4 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    • zamami and aka islands 4 nights in july

Okinawa Mar 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I would be grateful for some real info on places to stay, I am not asking for much, but want an on suite as it is me and my 2 daughters, not to hear my neighbours and clean. I want to be near the action as they say and do not mind if japanese or western style beds. I have spent weeks looking at all of the reviews, but still not getting a clear picture, thanks for your help.

DRtraveler2014

• 1990's Surfing Okinawa

Okinawa Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Does anyone remember a surfer that drove a brown van, and I believe his name was "Bill"? I think he was in the service? He helped me out once and I never got the chance to thank him, I met him with a guy named Johnny who I believe his father was in the service, i think if I remember right Johnny was a dependent and Bill was in the service mate a Marine? . I wish I could remember more I know he rode a white surf board, But anyone who this rings a bell with any info would be appreciated!! I really need to thank him, and I think it would be a surprise after 20+ years... any help please answer. Thank You All!!!

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • looking for 1990's surfer?

Okinawa Mar 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Anyone know a guy that drove a brown van believe his name was Bill? he surfed on oki? white board?

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • Valentines Day

Okinawa Feb 13, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I need something fun and interesting to go see for Valentine's day.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • jlc2882's Profile Photo

Best Bars near Camp Foster Okinawa commissary gate?

Okinawa Jan 31, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Can anyone recommend any bars still worth the trip to since the curfew (I'm civilian, so not affected directly)?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • Best Beaches in Okinawa

Okinawa Jan 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Hi, I'm planning on spending 5 days in Okinawa in April and want to spend these days on the best beaches that exist on Okinawa's main island. By what I'v read I'm planning on visiting Okuma Beach, Minnajima Island, Manza Beach, Moon Beach and a day trip to Tokashiki Island.

Are these the best beaches in Okinawa main Island? Have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • Itinerary Advice for Okinawa?

Okinawa Jan 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Hi, We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children travelling to Japan in April. We are planning on visiting Okinawa for 5 full days and our itinerary will be:

Day 1: We arrive at Naha Airport in the afternoon, rent cars and drive to North Okinawa and stay for the next couple of nights in a Hotel close to the Okinawa Aquarium

Day 2: Visit the Okinawa Aquarium in the morning and spend the afternoon at Emerald Beach or Minnajima Island

Day 3: Visit Ogimi Village, Okuma Beach and Hedo-misaki (if we have time)

Day 4: Head south to Naha and along the way stop at Manza Beach and Moon Beach / Spend the Night in Naha

Day 5: Do a day trip to Tokashiki Island / Spend the night in Naha

Day 6: Spend the morning visiting the Peace Memorial Park and Tunnels and the rest of the afternoon in Naha.... at the end of the day we have a plane to Kansai Airport.

Can anyone please give us an opinion on this itinerary? Any advice? I'm particularly worried about the weather and ocean temperature in this time of the year in Okinawa. We wan't to spend these spending time on the beach and water activities.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Tokashiku Marine Village Contact

Okinawa Jan 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hi, could anyone help me out please? I'm going to Tokashiku Island in April and was thinking of staying at Tokashiku Marine Village. I can't seam to be able to find a contact of the Hotel to check availability and make the necessary reservations. Does anyone have a telephone contact or email of the Hotel that you could give me?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Tokashiku Marine Village Contact

Tokashiki Jan 7, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Hi, could you anyone help me out? I'm going to Tokashiku Island in April and was thinking of staying at Tokashiku Marine Village. I can't seam to be able to contact the Hotel to check availability and make the necessary reservations. Does anyone have a telephone contact or email of the Hotel that you could give me?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • PaulW83's Profile Photo

transportation to/from Kadena AFB

Okinawa Dec 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We will be staying at Seaside Hotel in chatan-Cho and want to visit Kadena AFB. Is there reasonable trans available?
      thanks

1 Answer Dec 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • Does anyone have the contact of Hotel Sun Flower in Tokashiki Island?

Okinawa Oct 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Does anyone have the contact of Hotel Sun Flower in Tokashiki Island?

Thanks!

Michael

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    • How is the Weather in April?

Okinawa Oct 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi, I'll be travelling to Okinawa between the 24th of April 2014 and 1st of May 2014. I'm a bit worried that it won't be warm for spending time sunbathing on beach and snorkeling. Can someone please give me an idea of how the weather is at this time of year? I've read a lot of different opinions.

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • Dugong watching in Okinawa?

Okinawa Sep 20, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Are there any places in Okinawa to watch dugongs in their natural habitat?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • Naha to Kadena for civilian

Okinawa Aug 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Can a civilian who is visiting a military family take the shuttle from naha to kadena and wait for the sponsor to arrive at the welcome center?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    • Taxi costs?

Okinawa City Aug 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I'm new to Okinawa City (one week today) and meeting up with some friends at Kadena. Because of curfew, they can't take me back home. Any ballparks on how much a taxi cab would be from Kadena to Awase in Oki City? I'd drive and opt for Daico but I've been cautioned so much against that already...

4 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • Disc Golf

Okinawa Jul 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Does anyone know the location of the Nakijin Hibiscus Course disc golf course. i cant find directions anywhere.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    • disc golf

Okinawa Jul 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Are there any disc golf courses on okinawa? if so where?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • Disc golf

Okinawa Jul 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Is there disc (frisbe) golf courses anywhere on okinawa? If so where?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • dokomoshiyotsupu

Okinawa Apr 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

what is this place and what does it mean? is it a restaurant? bar?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • MaureenR's Profile Photo

ATM's

Okinawa Mar 16, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Can I use my visa debit card to withdraw cash from ATM,s in Okinawa?

6 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    • Planning a 5-6d vacation to Okinawa. Suggestions & tips?

Okinawa Feb 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Itinerary, suggested locations for hotels, etc will be greatly appreciated. We are both avid divers as well, so tips as to how/where we should go, also welcome. We plan to go during last wk of March

4 Answers Feb 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    • Money

Naha Jan 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Do they accept US dollars in Naha?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    • ANIPEN's Profile Photo

Driving route to sight seeing

Okinawa Sep 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I would like to cover these areas in one day, possible?

Churaumi Aquarium, fruit orchard, Orion beer factory, Kouri Bridge, kaurima bridge

Thanks

Warm regards GC

3 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    • ANIPEN's Profile Photo

Parking at Churaumi aquarium

Okinawa Sep 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I intend to drive from Vessel Hotel Campana okinawa to Churaumi aquarium.

Please advise
      1. Which parking lot is the easiest to access and park
      2.what is the parking rate

Thank you

Warm regards
      GC

3 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • ANIPEN's Profile Photo

Okinawa taxi

Okinawa Sep 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Anyone can advise me how much will be the taxi fare be in Okinawa Island?

Thank you

Warm regards
      GC

1 Answer Sep 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM