Okazaki Travel Answers

change location

threat in okazaki

by garima_205 Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Is okazaki is tsunami and earthquake effected area? What are the other dangereous treats in okazaki? what are the precautions?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

Re: threat in okazaki

by SfumatoPants Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Beware of monkey's, they bite.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I'd be more cautious of the obaachans attacking you for a seat on the trains. :D

Seriously, it is far from the tsunami and earthquake affected areas, if the Okazaki you are talking about is in Aichi Prefecture. Only 3 prefectures are in the affected area, Miyagi, Iwate, and Fukushima. Otherwise, nothing to worry about.

• taigaa001's Profile Photo

by taigaa001 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Floods. That's only hazard I can think of. Okazaki often is the flood stricken area. Last summer also was a close call but it escaped the damage.

• Re: threat in okazaki

by garima_205 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

thanx!i also want to know about the markets in okazaki as from where i can buy daily house hold things (vegitable and other items)at reasonable rates.Is there are any special weeek day market? and is there any indian shop avaialabe? actually im new there and wanna going to reside there for 4 months.

by garima_205 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

thanx!i also want to know about the markets in okazaki as from where i can buy daily house hold things (vegitable and other items)at reasonable rates.Is there are any special weeek day market? and is there any indian shop avaialabe? actually im new there and wanna going to reside there for 4 months.

by garima_205 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

by taigaa001 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Start from Comtown. It is the shopping complex south west of Okazaki castle and usable for tourist as well. There is another huge shopping mall close to Higashi Park.

Map: http://bit.ly/wYaRb6

by taigaa001 Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Finding Indian things... maybe Ganapati Baba close to Higashi Okazaki station could help. It is also an Indian restaurant.

manufacturer.com/company/i35...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines