change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Ferry from Bodo to Moskenes then taxi

Moskenes Aug 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Has anyone taken the ferry from Bodo to Moskenes? Had any experience getting a taxi for around 10 KM from the ferry terminal? I have checked that there are two big tunnels, so walking is out of the question. The other option is renting a car in Bodo - but don't see a way to get insurance as to not risk approx. $1500 USD if an accident. So - is a taxi a viable choice? I know there is a bus, but understand they take hours to arrive.

more
    • Live music and the fjords.

Oslo Aug 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Can I get an advice on where are the clubs with live music in Oslo, and also, is it possible to see the fjords on a short excursion from Oslo without crossing to the other side of the country, to let's say Bergen? Is there a travel company in Oslo that could arrange a trip to the fjords?
      Thank you all.

more
    • Travel to Matersfjord

Stavanger Aug 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am traveling to Norway the first week of September on a cruise and will have one day (8a-4p) in Stavanger. I would like to go to Matersfjord above Skanevik to see the area where my grandparents were raised. Is there a reasonable way to travel there and back in the limited time i have?

more
    • MortenFM's Profile Photo

Going out in Trondheim thuesday 12. aug

Trondheim Aug 7, 2014 at 4:04 AM

where to go out in Trondheim thuesday 12 aug after 11 to see people and having a nice time

more
    • tram to glacier

Olden Aug 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Is there a tram and what is the cost for it now? We have some people with mobility issues and we are taking a mini van to the site but some of us are walking and the others are not sure if they will be able to get near the site.
      Thanks,

more
    • airport tranportation

Molde Aug 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM

hello, how to travel from Molde Trafikkterminal to the airport? thanks

more
    • Travelling from bergen to geinranger

Norway Aug 1, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Its my first time to go to am european countries and im going by myself. I would love to see the nature and go hiking. I planned to go to geiranger. Whats the fastest way to go there? And is it wirth to go? Or itis similar to most of the fjord? As i will go to longyearbyen to take the boat trip to Nordenskiöld as well. And any other recommend places for me to go? And please recommend a hiking place for a beginner ? Thanks a lot!

more
    • Segastein Viewpoint.

Flåm Aug 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Do any bus tours operate in September? We are cruising Norway during August & september and most tours seem to stop on the 31st of August.

more
    • Possible to do a day trip from Oslo to Naeroyfjord?

Norway Jul 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I'm second guessing myself, and have done really poor planning for my upcoming trip to Oslo NEXT week. I am freaking out because I really want to see a nice fjord, and based on my research, Naeroyfjord in Flam is a good one. I can only spare one day, and all of the tours I'm seeing online are 18 hour tours, and I'm wondering if anyone has done them before. I really want to do it, but don't know if it will be a waste of time.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Hattfjelldal, Nordland, Norway and can't find Hattfjelldal on VT to make a more specific posting

Norway Jul 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Looking to visit Hattfjelldal, Nordland, Norway and can't find Hattfjelldal on VT to make a more specific posting. I am looking for any and ALL comments/input on how to visit this village where my ancestors are from (just found it yesterday). We have never been to Norway though, traveled several times in Europe. Typically we use the train or rent a car to drive to towns not served by public transportation. Are there any cruises from Denmark or the Netherlands we should consider? Are there ferries from Denmark or the Netherlands to one of the Norwegian ports? Or, not my first thought, should we considering flying into the area and which airport to use? Also, other cities to visit and naturally the fjords too. Thank you.

more
    • Lellie53's Profile Photo

Cruising to North Cape beginning of August

Norway Jul 25, 2014 at 4:53 AM

We are off on a cruise to North Cape next Saturday. I have checked weather forecasts and looks like not too bad, but perhaps only in the 50's. That would be a big cold for me. Now I am panicking about what to take to wear. Was thinking polyester trousers(slacks), but now wondering if jeans might be better (thicker and heavier) with long sleeved t-shirts. I know to take fleece and waterproof jacket etc. Decided no skirts or dresses except for evening with a nice evening jacket for "on deck" after dinner. BUT - daywear is my problem. I have the wardrobe doors wide open and been staring in at all the "stuff" and have no idea what I should take. Help!

more
    • What to do in Flam for 3 hours?

Flåm Aug 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM

We are taking a Nutshell day tour which gets us in to Flam at 12, then we get the ferry at 15.10 - what would be the best thing to do in that time?

more
    • Geiranger to Oslo by Bus and Train

Geiranger Aug 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, We are planning to take the 12:25 bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes on 26 August and then take a train to Oslo via Dombas. My question is this: Since the bus arrives at 15:20, would it be unwise to book a ticket on the 15:31 train to Dombas/Oslo or are they timed to connect? Thanks in advance, Andrew (from the UK)

more
    • places in Mekjarvik

Stavanger Aug 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I'm stopping at Mekjarvik for a few days. Are there any shops there? I will be on foot when I arrive!

more
    • How to go there

Oslo Aug 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

HI.I want to get to Nesbyen from Oslo Rygge Airport.I know that I can go by train but my plain landing at 4p.m. and than the train start before midnight.Is there any other possible to get to Nesbyen?

Thanks Marcin

more
    • Skjolden to Flam feasible?

Flåm Jul 30, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Hi,

Our ship will be arriving in Skjolden (early August) of a morning and we're desperate to take the children to Flam, mainly for the railway. It seems to be the closest we get to Flam on our itinerary.

Can we get to Flam quicker by an express boat or something? Or land travel only - if so is this going to be tricky (bearing in mind we have children in tow?)

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks.

more
    • northern lights

Kirkenes Jul 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM

hi there! when is the best time of the year to visit Kirkenes, regarding the northern lights phenomenon?

more
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

1/2 day in Oslo

Oslo 15 hours ago

Hello everyone .... I have about 12 hours in Oslo on my way back from Iceland ... we are staying downtown for 1 night ... besides Akershus Fortess what else is a must do ... I arrive and noon on thursday and depart at 6:00 am the next day .. any tips would be welcomed ....

thanks

jlanza29

more
    • What to pack for Stavanger

Norway Aug 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM

Hello! I have a question concerning the clothes I will need from august to december in Stavanger? Thank you! :)
      Maria

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Another northern lights question traveling in summer

Norway Aug 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM

We would like to take a cruise next summer/August from Bergen north to basically the Arctic Circle and will try to time it when there isn't a moon. Is there a possibility that we may see the northern lights? Thanks.

more
    • Public Transport from Geiranger/Hellesylt to Alesund on 30 August 2014

Ålesund Jul 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I plan to stay in Geiranger for two days and will fly from Alesund to Oslo on 30 Aug 2014 (flight departs at 18:40). But the public transport I could find are the Hurtigruten cruise (which arrives at Alesund only at 18:15 and the trip on Visitalesund.com which arrives at Alesund only at 19:15. I am afraid the above ways could not help me catch the flight to Oslo. Could anyone please help me with the transportation from Geiranger to Alesund? Driving by myself is not preferred and I could not find a bus departing from Hellesylt to Alesund on that day. Thanks!!!!

more
    • Bus timetable.

Ålesund Jul 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a bus from Andalsnes to Alesund on 24 aug 2014 . Can you tell web side for this? We are 5 people...
      Ciao Piero

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Northern Lights in August - possibility?

Norway Aug 15, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I am travelling to Norway (Oslo, Flam and Bergen) in this month end and will be on Sept 1 as well. What is the chance for me to seeing Northern Lights? Any tips please!

more
    • I need some urgent help with someone who knows norweigan

Norway Aug 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Im calling my friends no. in norway but i get a message from the operator

Im typing it literally since i do not know norweigan

Can someone please translate it for me. Im typing this as i hear it so i may be wrong.

"Te oklacity contact nee mobil av nentten"

What does this mean?

Thx for your help

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel from Oslo - questions

Oslo Aug 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I was thinking of renting a car from one of the Oslo airports and drive down to Flam rather than taking train. Having 2 kids, this will give the comfort and flexibility of travel. I wanted to know how is the highway experience going to be and are there rest areas and gas stations enough on the way? My normal hotel websites are not showing many accomodation preferences, are there any other reliable hotel options, websites to look at. Ok once I reach Flam - are there any tour maps that will show me where should I lead to in Flam - attractions etc. My plan is then to drive from Flam next day to Bergen before taking a flight back to London.

more