Örebro Travel Answers

change location

english man looking for work

by lammy1 Online Now Feb 18, 2004 at 5:17 PM

hej all. ive been here now for five months but i am having trouble finding work, no one wants to employee me because i still learning swedish can anyone help???????

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: english man looking for work

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 19, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Nope - my English husband has the same problem and he speaks quite good Swedish these days having lived with me for eight years and hearing our daughter speaking Swedish since we moved back here from Belgium a year ago. He plans to open his own consultancy firm as he believes he has a niche... There is a new OECD report out today which puts Sweden at the bottom of the list of EU countries being able to employ foreigners. Even other EU citizens have a hard time here. Have you heard of the BBC series "Getting a New Life" or some such title where a Scottish family goes to Hedemora. They will soon move back if they can't get jobs. He's got an interview down in Stockholm... But now for the positive news: it depends a bit on what you want to work with? I DO have English friends who work - one in IT and one in mechanical industry and both in smaller places than Örebro! :-) What does your local Arbetsförmedlingen say?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: english man looking for work

by lammy1 Online Now Feb 20, 2004 at 2:07 PM

hej thanks for your reply works employment office say much the same, but say i stand a better chance when i have a better command of swedish. NOT GOING TO GIVE UP!!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines