Odessa Travel Answers

change location
bwk_michael's Profile Photo

Odessa

by bwk_michael Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM

hi there, i am off to odessa in may and would like to know how many days should i stay? 3 nights or 4 nights...as well i am into swimming and i would like to know where in odessa i can find public swimming pools i can use in may. thanks guys, all the best. michael

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: Odessa

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hi Michael.We are not sure if there are public swimming pools in Odessa but we have tried to contact a friend who lives there.Maybe someone can post on here later.
    However we can recommend the two beaches,Arcardia and Dolphin which are really good as the swimming in the Black Sea is good.On both of these beaches you have facilities to pay for luxury pools that are on the beach though they are not very big.
    As to how long you want to stay there,in my opinion with 3 days you will only see the major sights.I posted on another question that Odessa is a lovely city and so much to see.Yes you 3 days will be filled easily

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bwk_michael's Profile Photo

by bwk_michael Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

i am planning to stay 5 days now....as i do have enough time and i dont want to rush around. do you know what the weather in may is like? first week of may to be honest.

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM

In truth the weather in Ukraine is like anywhere else...very unpredictable.
    Recently my relatives experienced -8 one day and +10 the next day at a time when it is normally very cold.

As for May who knows.Could be pleasant and would hope for upwards of +15 even 20 but that is no guarantee.
    I see that you are from UK how are you getting to Odessa?

by bwk_michael Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM

i am german but i have been living in england for 11 years now. i am flying from manchester to dortmund germany to see some friends and then from dortmund with wizz air to kiev. will spend a few days (5nights) in kiev and then take a coach or overnight train to odessa, dont know yet. what would you recomend?

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Hi Michael.
    Have never had the experience of the coaches.I had a link for information but unfortunately lost it.
    I believe the journey time to be around 5/6 hours

Trains are an experience,sharing an overnight coupe with 3 other people and very reasonably priced.I believe the cost to be around20 but could be wrong

uz.gov.ua/en/passengers/time...

The other alternative is by aeroplane to Odessa from Borispyl.Takes one hour and a couple of flights a day.
    Single ticket can be booked in advance for around60.
    UIA fly that route.
    Hope this helps

by bwk_michael Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

thanks very much, i will look into it :)

• Vladislav_Chmeruk's Profile Photo

by Vladislav_Chmeruk Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Hi. I think there is no need of swimming pools, because in May is usually very warm and you can easely go to a beach. There is not so many tourists in May, and the water is pretty clean. Have a great time in Odessa.

by bwk_michael Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM

thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines