change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling with kids in Futami area

Ise Dec 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Futami area (Bunka mura and wedded rock) this winter. We will come from Yokkaichi and get off at Ise station. What would be the best way to go to Bunka Mura. I read that there is a bus that we can take to go there. How easy is it to use the bus? And from Bunka Mura to the rock, will it be possible to walk?

more
    • Transport options

Sapporo Nov 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I am traveling in a party of 9 pax, all adults. We will be in Hokkaido from the 14th to 23rd Dec. Upon arrival in Chitose Airport we will have a coach to transport us to Niseko - 4days. from Niseko we will then go to Noboribetsu - 2 days and then go to Sapporo City - 3 days before flying off to Tokyo for a connecting flight out of Japan. Need advise if it is easier and more efficient to arrange coach transport from Niseko - Noboribetsu - Sapporo given that we have nine adults or we should just rely on the train system? Which is cheaper and more time efficient given that it is winter and the roads maybe laden with snow.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hi!

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

thanks

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi!

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

more
    • Last Min Trip- Urgent help needed for 7 day Tokyo itinerary

Tokyo Dec 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!

Disneyland- 1 day
      Disney Sea- 1 day
      Universal Studios
      Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
      Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
      Mt Fuji
      Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
      Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
      Shibuya, Ginza

Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)

Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.

Thanks for your help.

more
    • Jesper's Profile Photo

Okinawa Islands itinerary

Japan Nov 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hi! First trip to the Islands :-) We are arriving Naha an early morning in the end of March. We have 4 nights before going to Kyoto. I know it’s a bit early going to the beach, but we want to go to Kerama Islands. Aka-Jima ? I’m a diver and want to spend a day diving. A half day whale watching if it’s not to late at the end of March ? Some suggestions for a 4 night itinerary ? Going straight from the airport to Kerama Islands and spend the last day / night in Naha ? Or is 3 night ”too much” on a small island ? Thank you very much ☺

more
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

Family Visit

Nagoya Nov 22, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My family and I will be in Nagoya, DEC 26 to JAN 2, 6 adults + 4 kids. Will need a VAN and Private Tourguide so we can discuss the itinerary.

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

Osaka Yesterday

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

from Osaka (Namba) to Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys!

What's the easiest and fastest way to go from Osaka to Kyoto? and also, From Kyoto station, which is nearer to go to - Golden Pavilon or Nijo Castle? Can we visit that 2 in one day? How can we go there? Thanks much

more
    • 2 day trip around Kyoto

Kyoto Nov 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,
      Where we should go -for 2 days- around Kyoto?
      (Not Nara or Osaka, cause they are already in my travel plan)
      Do you know another interesting village/city/interesting place 10-50 km around Kyoto?
      Thank you!

more
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

a strange costume - what is it ?

Hiroshima Nov 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I hope this is considdered a travelrelated question ! I saw this Person standing for almost 2 hours in the same place: he/she did not move, did not beg for Money, was always looking in the same direction and had a costume that I never saw somewhere else in Japan. These photos are taken in Miyajima, a holy Island, so maybe it has to do with religion

more
    • Dean&Vanessa's Profile Photo

More Odawara hotel help please

by Dean&Vanessa Online Now May 16, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Hi all again

A follow up on our previous question regarding the Hotel Orange.

We have also found the following hotels that are within our budget, but cant find their email addresses either. We dont really want to ring them as it will be to costly, so at least if we could get an email address it might be a start.

The hotels are:

a)Hotel Orange http://www.orange-build.com/
      b)Hotel Tozan hakone-tozan.co.jp/hotel/oda...
      c)Odawara Terminal Hotel http://www.minoya450.co.jp/t-hotel/

If anybody could supply email addresses for these it would be really appreciated as we are really struggling to find a hotel in Odawara.

Many thanks in advance

5 Answers May 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Orange Hotel email address

by Dean&Vanessa Online Now May 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Hello

We are really struggling to find any accomodation in Odawara. But we have found a place called the Orange Hotel near the JR station. As their reservation page is in Japanese it makes it pretty hard for us.
      Would anybody be able to find us a contact email address for this hotel.

Many Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Accomodation in Odawara

by Dean&Vanessa Online Now May 10, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Hi

We think we have decided to have a couple of nights in Odawara. But we are having a nightmare trying to find budget accomodation in Odawara. All the websites are in Japanese. Does anybody know of any budget accomodation near the Odawara JR Station or a good English Website that has Odawara accomodation.

We also have a similar question for Nikko.

Many Thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    • tokyo Frii Kippu pass

by gloriachua Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

hi. can I use the Tokyo Frii Kippu pass for my ride to odawara station. and pls. furnish me with the train schedule from odawara station to kyoto station. thanks

1 Answer Aug 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM
    • Could this be done in one day?

by nizora Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 4:51 AM

From Odawara in the morning with hikari shinkansen to Hiroshima and continue with JR local line to Miyajima. short trip there back by JR train and streetcar to Hiroshima Peace Park. o/n Hiroshima

1 Answer Jan 25, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    • big luggage lockers available for hire at JR Odawara station?

by fish4wish Online Now Aug 25, 2006 at 1:21 AM

I have a backpack (slightly larger than school go-ers size)
      and a check-in luggage of about 30kg capacity.

Does JR Odawara station have lockers big enough for my luggage?
      What are the dimensions of the lockers available?
      How much do they cost?

I'm just making a day trip from Tokyo to Odawara/Hakone area and will proceed to Kyoto afterwards.

Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 27, 2006 at 7:03 AM