• ShawnL's Profile Photo

ocho rios craft market

by ShawnL Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

would it be safe to bring my 6 year old

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    • ArenJo's Profile Photo

Mystik Mountain

by ArenJo Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I am coming in on a cruise ship but want to spend more than 3 hours there that the tour ship offers. What would be the best way to do this? Do they always have tickets available for people that walk up? Also, I will be meeting up with friends that live in Jamaica. Do Jamaicans get a discount or is there a group discount?

1 Answer Mar 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Best for nightlife??? Help..

by honeyhughes Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Hey,
      Which is best for night life.. late night bars & clubs? Ochio Rios OR Negril?

4 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    • First Timers

by BrianD86 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My girlfriend and I are going to Ocho Rios in a couple days for 4 nights. We've in our late 20s, never been. Very into outdoor, adventure, etc..not into partying. What are some highly recommended things to do? I always see Dunns River falls come up , or blue hole. We are staying at Rooms ocho rios. Is renting a car recommended? Or what is the best way to get to these attractions? Any info would be appreciated!!

5 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • transportation

by poosports Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

does couples tower isle has transportation services to and from airport in montego bay?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • 15traveller's Profile Photo

things we should bring

by 15traveller Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Hi There, we are going to Riu Ocho Rios for a wedding. Haven't read too many great reviews but it's a wedding. So, just to prepare myself, does anyone have any advice on what to bring.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Is it safe to rent a car and drive from Kingston to Ocho Rios?

by jvandrewsiii Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I have one day to go from Kingston to a meeing in St. Ann Bay west of Ocho Rios and get back to Kingston. I know the options are to (1) Rent a car and drive (2) take a JUTA (expendive), and (3) take the Knutsford bus and cab on either end. How good are the roads in between and how safe? Doable? It saves a bunch of $$ over the JUTA.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • Ellenhodgdon's Profile Photo

TRAVEL FROM KINGSTON AIRPORT TO SANDALS OCHO RIOS

by Ellenhodgdon Online Now Oct 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

It is Oct 29. I am flying from ft. lauderdale to kingston. Is the road open from kingston airport to sandals riviera beach. I will be arriving sunday, nov. 4. Sandals in ocho rios said resort will be open but i want to make sure the taxi can get to ocho rios from the kingston airport. thank you

2 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    • distances to shopping

by simmons7455 Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM

how far is it from the riu hotel to the port of ocho rios. how much for the ride?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

What tour?

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Hi,

Im going to take a cruise in a couple of weeks and Im wondering which one is the best tour in Ocho Rìos.

Have you done the Bob Marley tour? This is the one that I would like to have but I also heard that Dunn Falls are great, what can you recommend me?

Do you know if it is better to buy the tour on board or is it better to buy it once we are there in town?

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    • Sandals Grande Riviera or Jewel Dunn's River?

by Reannon Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

My boyfriend and I are going to Ocho Rios in July. I've been looking into both Jewel Dunn's River Resort and Sandals Grande Riviera. At first, I was completely decided on the Jewel, as they have magnificent reviews on EVERYTHING but am a little worried about their lack of nightlife. We're both in our mid 20's and will be looking for more of a party scene then a relaxing one, and Sandals seems the better choice for that. I've read post about taking a shuttle between resorts...how does that work? if I pay all-inslusive at one resort i wont want to pay to drink somewhere else all the time you know? any advice or information much appreciated!

1 Answer Mar 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    • Helzie12's Profile Photo

One day viist to Ocho Rios

by Helzie12 Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Visting for a day as a crusie stop over. I am looking for suggestions of what to do. I will be travelling as a family with two boys aged 9,10. Thanx

9 Answers Mar 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    • Car Park

by clemsey Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Are there parking spaces on the hotel grounds

2 Answers Mar 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Royal Caribbean Jamaica

by videolady12 Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

We have been to the "tourist areas" and would like more information about the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours or any other suggestions outside of the Diamond International Crowd Scene.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    • Blue Mountain Bike Tour worth it?

by keli1079 Online Now Aug 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM

We are going to Sandals Ocho Rios in Sept. We were thinking of doing the Blue Mountain Bike Tour for a day to get away from the beach. Is this worth it - has anyone done this?

• sdflack's Profile Photo

Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa Ocho Rios

by sdflack Online Now May 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Going to Ocho Rios in 2 weeks. I've been told that the South Tower on the 11 floor up have the best rooms. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Answer May 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    • Sandles, Ocho Rios

by catsandra Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Hi, Going in 7-09 and very confused over the locations of all the rooms. Don't want one with a private pool but the more reasonable are Rivera and Great House. Has anyone stayed at one of these. What location is better. Is it worth the extra500 to get a different room. The place is so big I have no idea if front by lobby , ocean or middle where the Great house is? Is it walking distance if yu take shuttle to the river resort and then go to the Dan Rivers from there? How is the food . Any informaton would be helpful.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    • Safety and traveling Ocho Rios by moped/ scooter/ motorcycle.

by Smuchy Online Now Feb 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I am going to Sandals in Ocho rios in april.

I want to see it all.

I am going to rent a motorcycle or double seater scooter in Rios(for my girl and I).

My buddy was in Montego bay in like 2004 ...he said crime was high...guys were walking around w/ guns..no cops..most roads are unpaved, etc.

I researched ...I saw nothing about high violent crime.

I told him I wanted to rent a Scooter and go see dunn's falls ourselves and Bob Marleys grave, and the mountains and downhill trails and ocean roads.

He told me not too...too dangerous>

What should I beleve. I will take some guided tours...but want to see it all by motor bike. I am a great rider.

Thank you.

8 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 4:15 AM
    • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa Golf Resort

by YVRDave Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Hey all,
      Checking in Thursday Jan 8th-Jan 13th. Anyone else there?

2 Answers Apr 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    • Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Weddings at Riu Ocho Rios

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Hi everyone
      i really like the look of Riu ocho rios. Anyone got married there or seen any weddings who can give me some information?
      Ive looked online for photos etc but had no luck. Would love to know how you got on.
      Kind regards,
      Stacey x

• Accomadation, eating costs

by cliffy02 Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 5:29 AM

Hi

I am planning to spends a few days in Ocho Rios and I am am on a budget. I am looking to stay at Sandcastles as it seems reasonable priced, The Grand which is all inclusive is about £50 more. Is there enough locations to find places to eat and what sort of prices are they?

I am not a heavy drinker and except the added luxury wondering if the extra £50 would be worth it for me.

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM
    • Rooms on the Beach and Sunset Grande

by lsaunder Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM

I see there have been several inquires about these 2 properties but still no answer. Can someone please let me know about them both as we are traveling and would like to stay at one of these hotels.

Thank you

1 Answer Oct 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    • Reggae in Ocho Rios

by zuelkemw Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM

I will be traveling to Ocho Rios in April. My wife and I would like to see some reggae concerts. Where can I find a list of artists that will be playing at this time in and around the Ocho Rios area?

5 Answers Apr 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    • I need resort advice! engagement w/ girl! help

by sandcastle15 Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Hello friends

First time poster.

I have been doing lots of research in Ocho Rios and the surrounding areas. I narrowed it down to the sunset grande but after reading reviews, am slightly resistant.

I plan to travel there dec 29-jan 2 and want to ask my girl to marry me.

Is this a good place to do so? Can they give me a private dinner on the beach or some other special accomodation?

Also applevacations looks to be the best booking site, any advice on this/

thank you in advance

3 Answers May 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM
    • Smile Jamaica Concert

by 1dawnhopeful Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I will be in Montego Bay on the 23rd of February and would like to know how I can get tickets for the Smile Jamaica Concert at James Bond Beach in Ocho Rios. I believe Ziggy Marley will be singing. What is the best method of transportation to Ocho Rios from Mo Bay in the evening? Thanks, Dawn

2 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    • Transportation to Ocho Rios

by ShelleySnow Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Can anyone advise as to the best way to get from Kingston to Ocho Rios? The only way we know is to rent a car. Has anyone had any experience with this?

2 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    • Directions to Shaw Gardens

by mwtunder Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Does anyone know how to get to the Shaw Gardens from the Port in Ocho Rios? A map would be helpful. Have not received a response from gardens.

thank you.
      Matt

2 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 3:38 AM
    • ocho rios stone harbour

by monabds Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 2:12 PM

i just rented a villa for my family. i am now reading reviews on jamaica and ocho rios . i am worried about the safety issues. has anyone rented a private villa and how was the experience.

1 Answer Oct 28, 2007 at 6:55 PM
    • travel tips

by lenaclark Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Can anyone tell me if there are specific days when there are no ships in port in Ochos Rios. We are going soon and wish to book tours and would like to see dolphin cove on a day when it is not so busy. Any other tips would be useful. We will be leaving in about 3 weeks and want to make the most of our experience. Hope to hear from some of you.

3 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 3:46 AM
    • Swimming Pools...

by nive Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Hi, I visit Ocho Rios every other week and would like to go swim perhaps at a YWCA or Community Pool or gym etc sometime during the day. Between 11am to 3pm preferably. Is there such a place near the Cruise Ship Terminal??

Thanks a ton!!

3 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 3:56 AM