Ocho Rios Travel Answers

change location

ocho rios stone harbour

by monabds Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 2:12 PM

i just rented a villa for my family. i am now reading reviews on jamaica and ocho rios . i am worried about the safety issues. has anyone rented a private villa and how was the experience.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: ocho rios stone harbour

by sherivero Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 6:55 PM

I have rented private villas and traveled to Jamaica over 10 times and never felt uncomfortable. The villa staff will make you feel like family. They will attend to your every need yet are not intrusive. They seem to disappear into thin air yet all chores are taken care of. They can arrange for drivers, massages, hair braiding, boat trips, etc. Listen to them as they are a wealth of knowledge and only recommend services from those whom they trust and know. Security guards at private villas are mandatory and compensated by the Jamaican government. I personally would not go out on my own after dark and never needed to. Everything we've ever wanted was either at the villa or brought to us. It is fun to explore during the day. I would not recommend dining out. The cook at your villa will probably prepare the best food you can get anywhere and you can dine in your swimsuit or pajamas! I strongly recommend experiencing the local dishes and the Blue Mountain coffee is some of the best in the world. If relaxing and being catered to are among your priorities, you just may be in for the vacation of a lifetime. Honestly, we've been other places and return again and again to Jamaica because of the fully staffed villas and the kindness of the people. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have. S. Vero

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines