Ocho Rios Travel Answers

change location

Would like info on exploring Ocho Rios without booking a shore excursion

by daisylover26 Online Now Aug 26, 2003 at 6:53 AM

My husband and I are leaving for a cruise in two weeks. One of our stops will be in Ocho Rios. I'd like to explore the island a little without booking a shore excursion through the cruise line, but I'm wondering if that would be a good idea? Here are my questions: Is it safe to explore the island alone? Will we be able to access shopping and Dunn River Falls without taking a bus or taxi? Is there anything else that we should make sure to see? Any other comments/suggestions on anything? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • seraphine's Profile Photo

Re: Would like info on exploring Ocho Rios without booking a shore excursion

by seraphine Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 4:43 AM

nothing is more simple cause the ship is right in town one minute to public beach and there is a path called reggae trail to dunn s river falls within half hour walk from the pier if you do not want to hire shoes to climb the falls carry a pair of rubber shoes they rent them for 7 us!! ocho rios is a small place where it is easy to walk and shop and there is a lot of police especially on cruise ship days!! it is not dangerous maybe only bothering cause a few people will want to sell you trinkets but police is there with abundance do not worry!! SERAPHINE

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines